Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe Owner reviews

pe 2dr

I generally agree with most of the previous reviews on this car. I owned one for almost a year but had to get rid of it in the end, mainly due to running costs and the shabby, cheap interior. I just couldnt continue to look at my centre console knowing full well that it came from an Audi. From the outside it is a stunning car, with more curves than a Playboy cover, but you are deeply let down once you step inside.

Petrol Head, August 9th 2008

pe 2dr

Unfortunately, I have to agree with several other people on here. The VW Audi group cannot keep taking over prestigeous brands such as Lamborghini and Bentley and then use parts from there lower class cars such as the Audi A3 - which shares the entire center console with the Lamborghini. It is just not acceptable. Do VW Audi think that we are all stupid? Do they think we will not notice parts from cheap Audis and VWs? Stop cutting costs. We know you need to make profits - but for your sake stop this nonsence -people will notice. Hopefully the recent Porsche takeover of VW Audi will help iron things out. We live in hope.

Aaron Smith, hampshire, March 27th 2008

pe SE 2dr

I was fortunate enough to have a 2006 Gallardo E-Gear for the day and what can I say, I loved it. I have driven some fast cars in my time (the F430 being one of them) and it's by far more of an animal than the Ferrari and a lot easier to drive round town. The Audi switch gear didn't put me off at all - it just means it will work and not break like a Ferrari's. Bear in mind Bentley borrow some of the switching gear as well. it turns heads all day long and sounds like your riding a thunderstorm. Not half as bad as I expected on the fuel. Yeah, there's little storage, but if you want storage buy a people carrier.

Stuart Cross, Midlothian, December 19th 2007

pe 2dr

This is a better supercar than the F430. But unfortuanately i'd never buy one. Because who's going to pay Β£130,000 for the dash and centre console out of an Audi costing about Β£15k? This has got to be the rip off of the century. Come on Lambo, just coz your owned by Audi now, it doesn't mean you need to use their cheapo parts bin!

Tom davies, hants, November 18th 2007

pe Superleggera 2dr

Shedding 100 kilos and adding 10 BHP may not sound like much in return for a 20% hike in price, but the transformation is worth every penny (so my heart tells me, if not my bank manager)! Near Porsche-like steering feel, razor-sharp handling, four wheel grip, Audi solidity and lots, lots more noise combine with performance figures of 0-100-0 in 12.9s!! Veyron aside, this will leave any rivals admiring your lightweight exhaust as you vanish into a small dot, until, that is, Ferrari and Porsche launch their 430 Scuderia and GT2 respectively, but neither of these will match the visual and audio drama of the low fat Lambo!

Benedict Marsh, August 24th 2007

pe 2dr

The '06 improvements to the Gallardo (extra 20 BHP, shorter gear ratios, revised suspension geometry) have sharpened an already impressive package. The E-gear system is smoother around town, the cabin build quality is reaching Porsche standards and, having owned an '04 gallardo for two years, I have no doubts that reliability will not be an issue. Being a Spyder, I can hear just how expertly those clever bods at Lamborghini/Audi have tuned the orchestral exhaust note. With a front lift system, Sat Nav and reversing camera, the Gallardo has become a much more versatile town proposition. Drop the roof on a country lane and you are in motoring Nirvana.

Benedict Marsh, November 23rd 2006

pe 2dr

Not as comfortable as a 575 Ferrari, but not as deadly as a Diablo. It's just right! Performance is great, but nothing compared to a Murcielago.

fahad redha, August 30th 2005

pe 2dr

A car of dramatic beauty, G-force defying grip, sensuous engine note and wrinkle-removing acceleration. The stunning qualities of this car allow one to forget the snake-belly low ride and postal district-size turning circle. Unique. Enthralling. A must before you die.

Benedict Marsh, July 8th 2005

pe 2dr

An absolutely fantastic car to drive, it's comfortable, quiet (until you really put your foot down and then it roars like a lion) so you don't disturb your neighbours when you come home at 2am - and so fast, I was doing 260kmph and I had no idea of the speed I was doing until I looked down at the speedo, and there was so much more power left in it. The build quality is good as you would expect from Audi, fuel economy isn't as you would expect from Lamborghini but all in all a total adrenaline rush from start to finish.

Julian Hall, Malaga, April 1st 2005