V8 S/C Autobiography Dynamic 5dr Auto

i have had this car from new since feb 14 it has been back and forth to 3 different dealerships as there is a fault with the re-circulating air-conditioning. range rover are saying they can not fault this from their workshop test but there is clearly an issue range rover are unable to rectify on this feature. if this is something you require to work correctly dont buy this model! range rovers handling of this issue has been dreadful and not the customer service you would expect from a large brand name as land rover.

Steven Latham, Merseyside, January 6th 2015

SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic 5dr Auto

Picked up my SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic about a month ago and so far it's been the best all-round vehicle I've ever owned. Compared to the old Sport, the II Gen is far more agile on the road even in a low-spec engine, and actually possesses a sports car character similar to that already exhibited in a Cayenne or X6. Thus it lives up to its Sport badge now more than ever. However, my one reserve is that JLR must invest more in their fuel efficiency development - then perhaps the real choice, the 5L S/C V8, might be more viable. Even in the SDV6 I've struggled to get above about 28 MPG so far (albeit with a keen right foot). My colour choice was Firenze Red which I am very pleased with - although next time I will probably go for a more discrete dark grey or black. I went for an all-black interior with black headlining and piano black trim, which looks fantastic but isn't such a welcoming trim choice for such a luxurious motor. It's fantastic for me as a driver who very rarely carries passengers (hence why I didn't bother with the rear entertainment package or 7-seat option) but I feel the Sport would be even more of a rival for its big brother Vogue if it were specified with a lighter interior. The ride is far better than I expected, but it's no Phantom and there is definitely a marked difference between it and a Vogue; it's much firmer and inspires confidence when being thrashed around the countryside. I've not been off-road in it yet but I'm sure it performs br

Laurie Mackrell, East Lothian, August 1st 2013

V8 Supercharged HSE 5dr CommandShift

What a fantastic car! Picked it up in April brand new after trading in my fourth Freelander 2 HSE - the Freelander has now become exceptionally dated and far too normal, even cheap. The MY12 RRS Supercharged however is a completely different matter. Whilst fuel costs are relatively high with the 5.0litre V8 engine, the performance is fantastic and really does the car's superbly sporty looks justice. With this Jag unit, the Rangey finally competes with offers from Porsche, BMW and Mercedes. However, it leads the way in 4x4 technology, as well as design, and most of all, interior quality and comfort. The Sport feels exceptionally premium inside, and the latest models are absolutely packed with technology. Of course, this is no Vogue! However, the exterior styling of the Sport more than makes up for its lacking in fullsize-only interior comforts. I didn't get the Autobiography Sport because I prefer the styling of the S/C HSE model, however the interior of the A/B is even better and offers more colour choices. Overall the Sport in my opinion is a more stylish Rangey, aimed at slightly younger audiences than the fullsize. I'm now 23 and it fits my life perfectly - it looks just as fantastic in the country when I'm visiting my parents as when I drive it around London's more exclusive areas. Anyone still in Cayennes, X5s or MLs should seriously consider switching to the RRS - even the image of Range Rovers has now far overtaken that of Porsches, BMWs and Mercs!

Laurie Mackrell, East Lothian, August 2nd 2012

TDV8 HSE 5dr Auto

I bought the 3.6 TDi in Nov. 07. Great car, not as practical as the Discovery (the boot is small) but great to drive, lots of torque and will eat the miles without much effort. Comfortable, smooth, quick and easy to drive. BUT, the front suspension makes a knocking noise and despite four attempts by Land Rover, it still knocks. The repairs usually last a few thousand miles and the front suspension knocking then returns. Land Rover advised at 7,000 miles that by 15,000 miles they would have designed and tested a rectification. Yesterday, at 23,000 miles they fitted a suspension upgrade and then called me today to advise that it β€œmight” fix the problem but they now had another upgrade. They offered me the option of booking the car in again….. Update (March 09). Since my original review in January 09, my car has now been collected by Land Rover UK and they have left me with an identical loan car. I am pleased to say that the loan car drives so much better than mine. I am told that my car is being investigated by Land Rover engineering department. My wife drives a Freelander 2, this has broken down for the third time and is back at the dealers. Land Rover has supplied a replacement hire car, a Vauxhall Insignia - what a nice car that is.... Land Rover customer service is very good, hopefully the reliability will improve.

David Harbour, January 14th 2009

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

I acquired the car on lease 3July 2008 on 6 July after 314 miles the anti tilt light glowed orange. The local dealer told me to come in Monday but it was probably only the light. The light then turned red which means "call LR for assistance". The engineer found that oil had leaked so the car was uplifted to local dealer. To cut an extremely long and boring story short the same fault has occured 5 times. I have now rejected the car. a replacement vehicle is on order. Whilst LR have provided a series of courtesy cars they refuse to make any substantial goodwill payment, even though I have had the car 7 weeks out 16. Great car if you don't have to deal with Land Rover!

Michael Rule, Hampshire, November 4th 2008

TDV6 SE 5dr Auto

Yesterday,(Saturday) my wife anD I visited a Landrover dealer to potentialy buy a RangeRover Sport. To my amazment, in the current climate, we were met by the most abrupt and protencious salesman I have experienced. The fact being that the showroom was deserted, he looked at us as if we could not afford one of these cars. I think you should train your salesmen manners and not to judge a book by its cover. With another LandRover Dealer in the city we will take our buisness there.

graham molloy, July 20th 2008

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

I love my car ! ok, its expensive to run, but I used to have a lexus rx and to be honest, really havent noticed. The last car was pertol though. To a previous reviewer, who filled up their diesil car with pertol- did you really not notice the BIG yellow sticker, reminding you it was diesil !! We have had fab service throughout, its just done its first service, brake pads were shot.I leave my braking a little late, but I had the same problem with the lexus. I test drove the new bmw x5, but like other people could not justify spending so much money on a car that look so much like the old one. I love it, its king of the road !

chrissy ford, tyne and wear, May 3rd 2008

TDV8 HSE 5dr Auto

My dad has owned his new Sport for about a month now, and ever since the moment he picked it up we have all been in love with it, he owned a X5 before this, and this is just miles better in everything it does. He drove the New X5 and wasnt impressed because it didnt feel very different to its predecessor, we think BMW are beginning to get lazy with their design, as when a new X5 drives past, you have to really squint to see if it is the new, or the old model. His X5 was very very dated, and all BMW seemed to have done was update it to fit the current market, thats why BMW are struggling to sell the new model. The Range Rover Sport is a 5 star car, yes okay the MPG may not be politically correct, but compared to the old 3.0 diesel in his X5 where we would get 25 MPG on a long motorway run, and in the Sport where we get almost 30 MPG, and also with the Sport having extra power, weight and two more cylinders, you wonder 'why'? I thoroughly recommend the Range Rover Sport to anyone that is buying a Top of the Range SUV.

Samuel James, West Sussex, November 26th 2007

TDV8 HSE 5dr Auto

I have owned by V8 for just over 2 weeks and I love it! It is well designed, bringing looks of envy for both the exterior design and the impressive interior. I test drove the V6 and it was just too slow so I test drove the new BMW X5 which was nice, but I couldn't find a comfortable seating position (being 5'2"). So the descision was made to go for the RRS V8. I would recommend it any day over any other 4x4. Running costs are high, what do you expect from a RRS? I'm averaging 25MPH which is what Land Rover say I'll get so I'm happy. Not only is it a fantastic car, but it looks great and I'm a very happy driver.

Farida Moghal, November 1st 2007

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

I have owned a Sport TDV6 HSE with Dynamic Pack for 18 months and 36000 miles.It is family hack and tow barge for a race car and trailer. Average fuel consumption driven hard with mixed journeys has been 24mpg.The Dynamic Pack is well worth the cost giving pin sharp handling and superb braking. At 6'2" I have found the comfort superb, even better than a 9-5 Aero Estate. This has included runs from Le Mans to Calais in under 3 hours and Spa Francorchamps to Midlands UK non-stop (except for Chunnel)in 7 hours. Service at Guy Salmon Stratford upon Avon has been excellent except for one blip on some minor warranty matters that were overlooked. The latest tailgate has electric closure and is better than the previous item that I have. The off-road is of course beyond comparison and 'saved our bacon' in recent floods. As for safety, well the man in the Seat who hit me in the rear while I was stationary wrote off his car while I drove home.. The V8 Diesel is almost certainly the way to go, although I have heard tales of an Autologic Re-Map on the V6 which improves economy and gives 242bhp and 550nm torque. That sounds nice. The curves mirror the original map apparently. Before the Sport I ran a 525D M-Sport for 8 months and while it was great in many ways, it was so uncomfortable and frankly useless as a 5 seater. Service costs on Sport are reasonable and pricing is transparent. The second set of tyres have 6mm left after 16000 miles.

Jamie Champkin, September 17th 2007

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

I drove both the new BMW X5 3.0d and Mercedes ML320 CDI, Going from the mercedes to the bmw was a big step the X5 felt good, safe and nicer to drive than the poor mercedes .The bmw's four wheel drive system is rubbish and was appauling when taken offroad .The bmw is a is a very good car until you look and drive the range rover sport . The range rover sport i drove was the 2.7 TDV6 and when compared to the mercedes and bmw it is very slow .The four wheel drive system is marvelous .My only draw bsck other than the engine is the seats front and rear they are very uncomfy and require lumbar support. I have orderd the TDV8 HSE and cant wait.

Graeme Robson, August 19th 2007

TDV6 SE 5dr Auto

What a great car - shame about the service from the dealers and the network. I would not reccomend this car to anyone. I have never felt the need to write about a car until today. You never know how much help you will get before you ask for it. The issue is simple - petrol in a diesel car, a mistake with a Β£7000 bill attached. OK, so stupidity aside (it was our fault), we spoke to Land Rover to arrange a replacement car as my wife is heavily pregnant and due to give birth today. I could not get any help - I spoke to four people at Land Rover - they each read from the same script and then at 5:30pm after over 10 phone calls starting at 9am, a lady from the 'executive office' called to let me know they had a car for me. At last, I thought - she called to say they had arranged for me to be able to hire a car at Β£75 per day. Is it me or is this ridiculous - you spend Β£40,000 for peace of mind and assurance, you buy three cars from Land Rover previously and are about to pay a Β£7000 repair bill and this does not make you a valued or important customer? If you have not bought one, get out while you can. Prepare for any drama to be turned into a crisis courtesy of Land Rover - you will constantly be battling with the worst service in the industry. When will Land Rover learn that customer service is as important as the product? A really disappointing experience.

Andy Smith, August 13th 2007

TDV6 S 5dr Auto

I have had this car now for nearly two years and I am very pleased with it. Living on the Continent and traveling back to the UK very regulary with the family, the car performs as a luxury cruiser perfectly. The car is easy to drive, comfortable and the drive position is great, both in town and on a long run. It does have its shortcomings but these are limited - the front passenger seat legroom is poor unless the seat is all the way back (a problem for the passenger behind) and the boot door is very, very heavy and very diffucult to close (thankfully there is the window hatch). Otherwise it's roomy enough and has a good-sized boot to haul as much as I need. On performance I have to say that it is a big car so there is a lag in pick-up if you accelerate up a hill or at low revs, but it's not bad. However, I didn't buy it as a sports car but for the look, comfort, size and off- and on-road ability. I have had great fun off-road (I copied Mr Clarkson but without the Tank and... wow) and when on road and late for the Eurotunnel it has had all the speed I need. Reliability has been faultless. Its only visit to the garage was the 24,000km service. My last three cars have been an A6, Jeep, and Saab 9-5 and with the exception of the unbelievable comfort of the Saab, the Sport is the best so far. I am going for the Q7 now but only because I need seven seats.

Nigel Rowe, July 24th 2007

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

Having now owned sport for one year very surprised no mention of appauling ride in very upright rear seats . Car has been very reliable but because of paint blemished bonnet ,soaking wet passenger footwell,chipped alloy and the worst customer service ever have decided to return to german engineering and service .

Andrew Hayball, Wiltshire, June 21st 2007

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

This vehicle is close to being tagged the best 4x4 ever. It is well designed, bringing looks of envy for both the exterior design and the impressive interior. It drives extremely well on the motorway - even at 130kmph (living in France), the only thing you hear is a bit of wind noise from the side mirrors - engine and road noise are virtually non-existant! For comfort, the seats are fantastic, molding nicely to your body with no aches or tiredness after a long journey (Volvo, beware!) It performs very well, although not as quick as many expect it to be - however (1) It is a big car that is very heavy, and (2) if you want a 4x4 to race, then buy a Porsche Cayenne (but be prepared for those looks of envy to disappear!)

David Espig, May 28th 2007

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

i have had this car for nearly 9 months on a friday rainy night i was doing 70 mph and hit a puddle of water and LOST CONTROL of car on motorway at 70mph if there was another car on the other lanes i would have had a nasty accident. i asked the dealers they checked the car and said this is normall this car are not designed to drive on puddles and they are saying all the cars does it i have been driving plenty of cars but never happened what happened in this car has any one else hadd this experiance or can any one help on what to do next. wheni bought the car i was told this is 4x4 is desined drive on any conditions so what can i do or has anyone else experianced this problems. kotecha

suresh kotecha, leicestershire, May 24th 2007

V8 SE 5dr Auto

This is really quite a good car. It has a nice interior and loads of toys, the running costs and really all that bad. But I have to ask: why is there a sport badge on it? This car is not fast, it's slower than a tortoise with its back legs chopped off. I can't help but think that this car hasn't really got a place - it's just a Land Rover Discovery in body armour. So I'd say either get the cheaper Discovery, or go for the real deal - the proper Range Rover.

tom davies, hants, March 26th 2007

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

Best looking 4x4 on the road V6 diesel engine is smooth and quiet and pretty nippy for such a big car. Cabin has a feel of quality and refinement. Its taken nearly 4 months to come but well worth the wait, and the best thing is its BRITISH!!!!! Well done Land Rover.

martin shepherd, lancs, January 4th 2007

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

I've had the RR Sport for 1 year now and, at the risk of gushing, can't fault it! Test drove the X5, XC-90 and VW Touareg before buying, none even came close to the Sport either in refinement or build quality. True, you're never going to burn anybody off at the lights but if that's your thing then buy a 'hot-hatch' and a Burberry hat. Living in Germany gives plenty of chances to test it out on the Autobahn and it is fairly effortless, both getting to top speed and once there. However, it can feel a little strained over 100mph, seems happiest around 90. All the features are top-notch, especially the SatNav. You are paying the price of a quality 4x4, you most certainly get it. I am due to get a new one in Feb, my only problem at the moment is choosing a new colour to remind me it is not the old one, the current one is still as fresh and exciting as it was when I took delivery! Will be interesting to see the new 7-seat X5. Seems BMW is trying to get into the family friendly market. Will probably leave the RR Sport leading the class for those who are not yet worried about access for loading baby seats! Buy it whilst you can!

Jonathan Francis, November 6th 2006

TDV6 HSE 5dr Auto

Having had a merc ml for about 7 years, i felt very disappointed as to the cheap interior quality and the range of options offered by merc. i had my first rrs from new. it is a good value for money, the interior makes me feel younger with the right gadgets, even up to the foot mat you get good quality. it is amazing when you can do with the voice command. if you want luxury,style, elegance and good drive rrs is the one.

adetayo adenuga, west midlands, October 14th 2006