h 1.8 SE-I 5dr CVT Auto

I had this car on loan from the Lexus garage while my GS300 was in for service. I would say that the What Car review is a fair summary. I thought the brake was on all the time at first as it seemed sluggish. There's a lot of road noise and you have to floor the accelerator to get it move rapidly. I didn't care for the sloppy handle sticking out of the dashboard and the car just didn't seem worthy of the Lexus brand. It surprises me that owners rate it so highly.

MALCOLM GUNN, April 1st 2015

h 1.8 SE-I 5dr CVT Auto

my fsport is a fantastic handling car not sure why what car is so biased against CT. Fabulous seat and top quality cabin. 55mpg clean tech no dpf problems here.

andy gillett, January 31st 2014

h 1.8 Advance 5dr CVT Auto

I am not sure which car the Whatcar team have been reviewing as it bears no resemble to the reality I have experienced. I average approx 1000 miles a week and the car is an absolute joy and pleasure to drive. no back ache or tiredness. I average 54 mpg in town and over 60 mpg on the motorway. CT200h is quiet, and more comfortable than others like A3 and one series the driving seat is excellent and I can't think of any other car (except the the S Class) being better. The performance is very good and the fuel economy is exceptional. The equipment level is excellent and the car is a joy to own, the dealers bend over backwards to help. The one gripe I have is the amount of rear leg room could have been better.

Sajid Hashmi, Greater Manchester, December 19th 2013

h 1.8 SE-I 5dr CVT Auto

I have had my Lexus for 15 months so feel I can speak with some experience. I don't understand people who buy this car and then complain it's noisy and a bit of a sluggard. The Lexus is well reviewed in these areas so if you do your research you would know this. It's a bit like buying an elephant and then complaining that it's big and grey! The car is beautifully built and a joy to sit in. 50 mpg is the norm with no effort whatsoever. The local dealers in Manchester are excellent and so far, no problems whatsoever. I have thoroughly enjoyed owing this car and traded a MX-5 for it, bet there aren't many owners who can say that! It gets lots of admirers and mine is Meso red which looks stunning when clean. To be fair, most of the comments are from people who smell of biscuits and Werthers but praise is praise. On the downside, for the price, to have no reversing sensors is a disgrace, shame on you Lexus! The tyres are rotten and when you put your foot down with just a hint of a damp road then they spin. I am looking forward to shedding them. I enquired about fitting a DAB radio and was quoted £700!! What?? Come on Lexus!!!! This is a really excellent car, it isn't a hot hatch, more of a tepid saloon but it has no pretensions of false grandeur. Everyone knows you can't go wrong with a Lexus, they are engineered like thoroughbreds, even if the CT clops along rather than at a canter.

Margaret Weaver, Greater Manchester, August 14th 2013

h 1.8 SE-L 5dr CVT Auto

I simply don't understand some of the reveiws this car receives. It's not a sports car and your driving style needs adjusting to get the best out of the CVT gearbox but it's beautifully put together and being a Lexus, I'm sure I will enjoy many years of trouble free motoring. The 17" Alloys do firm up the ride a little so I opted for the 16" wheels and the ride is absolutely fine. The three driving modes deliver completely different driving experiences - ECO is only useful in town, NORMAL is fine for day to day city and motorway driving and if you need a burst of extra speed, swithching to SPORT will give you the extra power needed. However, This car is not desiged to be driven fast its better suited to a smooth driving style to get the most out of it. Economy is not quite what's claimed (68MPG) but I regularly achieve 55MPG without difficulty. Rear luggage space is adequate but the higlight of the car to me is the interor cabin which is really high quality and a lovely place to be. It's not cheap but you are paying for quality engineering and craftsmansip that should last a long time. If you are looking for an alternative to the mainstream premium hatchbacks (BMW, MERC and AUDI)try the Lexus - You might be surprised!

Kevin Stuckey, Kent , December 12th 2012

h 1.8 SE-I 5dr CVT Auto

I've owned the car for 3 months and am really enjoying it. I've found the body / build integrity to be excellent, it is very quiet and I really enjoy driving it. I will say that Sport mode makes all the difference with this car; without it, I wouldn't be as pleased as I am. EV, or golf cart mode is useful in stop & go traffic. ECO mode is useless, Normal is passable for freeway and city driving and Sport mode is excellent - very responsive. In emergency maneuvers, the CT is quicker than the 3 liter ES I owned for 13 years & traded in. My average MPG is very consistent at 47-47.5 with a combination of city and fairly slow (55 MPH) freeway driving. The ergonomics, usability of controls & seat comfort are excellent, in my experience. If you plan on more than 2 occupants with any frequency (I do not), you will be disappointed as the rear seats are tight. Luggage capacity is fine for me. The car is low and care must be taken when going over bumps, parking against curbs, etc. I thoroughly enjoy the CT and recommend it.

Seamus Prendergast, May 25th 2012

h 1.8 SE-I 5dr CVT Auto

Rubbish. its so slow and boring. The "leather " seats are fake leather, the battery only works at approx 0-15mph and is empty after about two miles, I have averaged 38mpg over 2300 miles mostly motorway and I have got used to driving at 60mph as the display screams at me for ripping the ozone layer any time I go near the throttle. The car came with no spare wheel, - brilliant as the foam gunk repair kit is no good unless you have simple nail puncture The only good thing is low company car tax, o yes and the fancy dealer showrooms. I wish I had taken another skoda fabia - 50 mpg and TDI - has some life in it

Rod Rod, March 2nd 2012

h 1.8 SE-L 5dr CVT Auto [Navigation]

I read other reviews and wonder if they are writing about the same car as I drive. I find the CT200h quiet, comfortable and beautifully built, with more than adequate performance and very good fuel economy. The firm ride is one that I enjoy. The front seats are excellent. If you are interested, you can derive additional driving pleasure from taking an interest in the seamless technology that powers the car, but it is totally non-intrusive, so if you want to you can just sit back and enjoy. Never having used one before, I find the mouse control easy to use, and I just don't understand various comments about the droning or whining transmission, or brake and steering feel. Since we traded my partner's car on the CT200h, my own Lexus IS250 is gathering dust. But I just thought of the solution to that, and now I have ordered another CT200H f Sports model for me. So I liked the CT so much, I've bought two!

Richard Brinkman, December 11th 2011

h 1.8 SE-I 5dr CVT Auto

This is Badge Engineering at its worst. I own a camry hybrid. Of course it's not fair to compare, but some of the switchgear is carried over and of course there's the hybrid synergy drive. So why did they have to make it so unrefined? The ride is sharp and jarring, and on cheaper versions you'll be wondering where the extra permium over the prius is. Obviously toyota knows a thing or two about excellent engineering, but i think they're doing research on how much we're willing to compromise for that lexus badge.

reuben how, Midlothian, May 11th 2011