0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY SE 4dr

I have the latest E220 SE model which MB manufacture. In 2014 MB produced a face lift model and they slimmed down the models to choose from..to the SE or AMG. The SE is the more conservative relaxed model and AMG more sporty aggressive looking brother. I am a company car driver and in 12 months have covered 60k miles. My E220 SE is the best car ive owned. Comfort is brilliant, the SE comees with all the gadgets and technology as standard. I tested Audi/BMW before choosing the MB, But from a company car drivers perspective, the rivals don't come close, excellent low CO2 emissions, and no need to spec up on expensive add ons which you have to with rival brands. The sat nav comand system is brilliant, I can hookup my iPhone, plays movies, Google, Internet radio and navigate using the Scroll wheel. command screen is large/clear with user friendly narration. I've driven accross Europe 3 times and it's never given a wrong direction, the live traffic info for autorerouting is excellent. There's masses of storage space, large centre console to hide keys etc, under seat storage,2 front 2 rear cup holders large enough for 1 litre bottles, 3 x 12v power sockets,, the climate control system is brilliant,much quieter than audi, best economy ive had is 75mpg! I do drive it hard and still return 50mpg, choose the 70ltr fuel tank and you'll only need to refuel every 1000+miles, opt for the LED intelligent lights, they are fantastic, clear visability, best all round company car you will

Richard Usher, March 20th 2015

0 BlueTEC Hybrid SE 4dr 7G-Tronic

E300 Bluetec Hybrid HV63GWG This has got to be the worst car I have ever had the misfortune to have and I've had a few dogs on my time. It has spent more time with the dealer than on the road since I bought it new last year. Drivetrain problems battery problems software problems you name it I've had it. In fact I've had it with this car. The dealership isn't much better 60 days it was in for last time while they tried to locate a fault with the hybrid battery (car wouldn't start on electric power which is the only way to start the car ) I asked them to fix a few other minor niggles while it was there and we forgot was there answer when I picked it up. In for service now and asked again about fixing the interior lights again 4th time of asking to be told we need to order the parts again hang on weren't they ordered last time but you forgot to fit them.

Tony Ashley, berkshire, December 23rd 2014

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY SE 4dr

People compare this E class to the BMW 5 series but they are missing the point; nothing under Β£50 grand can transport 4 people in total comfort and luxury on a 4 hour motorway journey like this E can. Yes if you want to thrash a car along a B road like a nutter then get yourself a BMW. If you want space, comfort, luxury and a supple ride this is the car for you. I've had mine 3 years and just put an order in for the coupe, it will be my 3rd Mercedes and I see myself growing old with Mr Benz. Build quality is excellent and not so much as a squeak or rattle out of the car in 60,000 miles. The 220 CDi has been extremely frugal, on one early morning traffic free motorway journey with cruise at 70 mph non stop for 2 hours I achieved an incredible 70.1 mpg! Tons of kit as standard, the COMMAND system knocks spots of the iDrive. I'd recommend this car to anyone who's looking for space, luxury, comfort, and who appreciates the finer things in life. If you want to be a nutter...buy a BMW.

Keith Dockrell, Somerset, November 15th 2014

0 BlueTEC Hybrid SE 4dr 7G-Tronic

I've done 10,000 miles since getting E300. I agonised over all the usual exec saloons and had extended test drives with them all (at least a weekend). Yes the 520/525 is more fun to drive, as is the Jag and the A6 and BMW both have nicer interiors. That's not to say the E300 is bad to drive or has a horrible interior. It feels pretty hefty when thrown about and the gear box can be infuriating at times, but it still has enough about it to make you grin on a good A road, and the interior is actually very practical and hard wearing in real world use. But this is all missing the point of this car. It's quick enough, it's incredibly frugal, it's very comfortable and has so many toys as standard you'll neglect half of them after the honeymoon is over. The hybrid part of the drive train is very discrete, so much so you forget about it after a few weeks, this is a much better implantation than the neon lights and whistles you get in a Lexus (and yes I had one of those for a weekend too). Privately it doesn't make all that much sense but as a mile munching company car the E300 is hard to beat. I love it.

Marcel Darroch-Davies, Wiltshire, March 13th 2014

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 4dr

As the latest 2013 model, it does look good. The front like a old model 5 series and the rear looks like the previous e class. This car looks huge both inside and out. Good points - Lovely interior, leather, classy trim, chunky yet soft feel steering wheel. Great radio sat nav with ipod inputs. feels really special. Good white headlights. Its so smart, I feel I have to dress accordingly, feel odd getting out of it in some old T shirt! Niggly points: The speedo is hard to read as the tiny needle is only on the outside on the dial and the middle is dominated by this bright lcd display that you cant turn off. Its really annoying. Steering feels vague and disconnected, which spoils the drive, it could feel so much sportier. Paddle shift and sport mode is pointless on a diesel, as it doesn't rev much. I haven't worked out the collision warning all I know is that is beeps going past lorries on dual carriageways which is annoying. There is no loose change container, it just slops around in the central armrest, it was much better on the c class. The 220 is the lowest and a bit small for the car. Overall though, lovely car, no regrets at all

alan peters, October 2nd 2013

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 4dr Tip Auto

It does everything I had previously read about an E350...quiet, relaxed, refined and effortless in the way it covers distance in serene quiet and comfort. 70 mph is barely 1700rpm, 2000 rpm = 85 mph, and even then there is no wind or road noise. I agree the 7Spd auto is slow witted at times, it hesitates momentarily on occasions before changing gear. Mercedes really should do something about this; it spoils a great car needlessly. The 3.0 Litre V6 diesels is a gem, much quieter and smoother than the 4 pot engines. It purrs on tick over and suits the car perfectly... or purrfectly.... power delivery is linear and the torque makes quick work of hauling the car swiftly, safely on overtaking moves. It’s no B road hot rod. If you want to hustle on B roads go buy a Golf GTI, or you will be disappointed. This is a big comfy quiet cruiser, its natural home is long distances on motorways or fast A roads. The seats are large, supportive and comfortable. Servicing costs are helped by taking out a service plan as a B service (25,000 mls) comes in at around Β£350+. Rear tyres (265/35 R18) last around 22,000 miles and at Β£175 each (Dunlop) are only Β£20 more than those for a Ford Focus titanium. I’ve covered 15,000 miles in 9 months, and loved every moment. On starting that V6 hum, then the leather heated seats and the Harmon -Kardon upgrade hi-fi will soon relax the stress of a hectic day from you. Would I recommend one? Yes? Would i have another?... most definitely!

Adrian Day, Cheshire, April 10th 2013

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 4dr

The best car I have bought yet. I went for the manual option and the sport version of the E250 saloon. It still does great mpg. I have only done 10,000 miles since purchase and the average for those miles with mainly urban driving is 37mpg. On the motorway we have had 53mpg out of it without having to drive strangely. The build quality is excellent. I also opted for built in rear child seats (superb) and rear seats that can drop down to extend the boot. Both options were well worth the cost. I also opted for a DAB radio, again well worth the cost although I can't understand why the radio only receives BBC radio stations. The ride quality is obviously a little bumpier as this is the sport version but still nothing that you'd really notice and worth it for the better look of the vehicle. The purchase experience itself was pretty poor until I complained and was finally personally handled by the regional manager. Then things picked up and were as they should be when buying a car of this value. I would totally recommend this car and will be hanging on to it for some time. This will be the kiss of death of course but apart from the fact that it was useless in the snow, I haven't had a single problem with it. I have owned, Audis (TT and A4), a Mazda and a Ford SMAX previously and this car just pips the TT as the best I have bought.

Brendan Reilly, Essex, August 18th 2011

0 CDI Avantgarde 4dr Tip Auto

I've had my E280 CDi for just over a month now and I have to say it's the best car I've ever owned after many years of 'Repmobiles'. Paid less than Β£20K (the price of a new Mondeo Titanium) for an 11 month old model with just 9,000 miles on the clock. The performance is sublime with masses of torque and the build quality is superb. I'm also getting on average 40mpg which isn't bad for a 3.0 V6 diesel(which by the way sounds very similar to a petrol). If I was to gripe about this car (which cost Β£37K new) it's that it's not that well equipped (single slot CD, No Sat Nav, No bluetooth) but I knew that when I bought it. The dealer at MB Solihull was excellent and the 30 year breakdown cover gives great peace of mind. All in all a fantastic car that I'd recommend to anyone.

Graham Woodward, Wiltshire, December 16th 2008

0 CDI Sport 4dr Tip Auto

i,ve had this e320 cdi sport, for 6mths,absuerlutly superb ,it handles very well ,it goes like a dream ,it a pleasure to drive. i,m getting 35.5 to the gallon, and thats very good ,seeing i dont hang about, its as good as my last car ,an e320 avangaurd cdi, i had that for 2yrs and done 75,ooo miles .what a car .i might try the CLS 320 next ,but i,m still in love with this one, all i can say is just take a test drive , i think you will love it to ,TOM

TOM PEGG, norfolk, November 8th 2008

0 CDI Classic 4dr

This is a first rate car all round, with the only slight niggle being a tendency towards a sluggish pick up from low speeds. It certainly looks the part and, although relatively large, never feels that way. Very comfortable, with plenty of standard and retro fit equipment, this is a delightful car. The waft factor, and sheer road presence are what makes the MB experience special. Economy is excellent, averaging 43+ in mixed (and rapid) driving.

Don McGeorge, September 11th 2008

0 CDI Elegance 4dr

I previously owned a variety of Mercedes, a 5 series BMW, Audi A4 Quattro followed by a Volvo XC90. The ride quality on this E220 has to be experienced to be believed. If you're familiar with Mercedes, there is a certain wafting quality about the ride, none of the urgency or stiffness of an Audi or BMW, but that's the point. You buy this car because you want a big, comfortable crusier, or at least I did and it has not let me down at all. I opted for the 220 diesel engine and haven't been disappointed with power or economy. Interior quality is excellent, better than my previous cars and lighter dashboard feel somehow, less intrusive to look at. The sweeping windscreen gives great all round visibility. I'm comfortably over 6ft and even with the seats at the highest setting I find the cabin to be very spacious, with electric seats I found a superb driving position. I don't really understand the critics of this car unless they have unfortunately taken delivery of a really poorly made example. I remember the uproar in Germany prior to the 2006 facelift, reliability was poor, but all that has been addresssed as far as I can tell. I can only imagine that any critics have been genuinely unlucky or have other agendas. This is an amazing car, spacious, luxurious, with what I rank as low running costs as nothing major goes wrong. The 2006 facelift featured 2000 changes to the previous model with any glitches being fixed. This is a great car.

Tom Davies, September 10th 2008

0 Avantgarde 4dr Tip Auto

This car was one of the best cars I have ever driven! For me Mercs are not for people who can't afford to buy into the big engine range and this is because most people who buy the small engine ones always have something to moan about. This car is the ultimate motorway cruiser it looks classy on the inside and out and will move like sβ€’β€’t off a shovel. This car has the ultimate reliability and my advice to anyone who is going to buy one is to have the back of the car debaged so you can have some fun on the motorway!

Jon McKenna, Leicestershire, September 6th 2008

0 CDI Avantgarde 4dr

The current model appears much better than the previous. The revised engine is noisy when cold but purs and flys when warmed through which takes no time. The auto is slow to change down at low speed which can cause a slight jault. Fuel consumption is superb, averaging mid 40's. The trim is fine, but in areas could be better fitted and use more suitable materials to minimise wear. The electronic equipment takes time to understand but works well, particularly the sat nav. The stearing is sharp and light which can make long motorway journeys hard work keeping the vehicle in a straight line. I guess the design is pitched against the likes of BMW's 5 series. The drivers seat could offer more support. Overall after 18K miles so far so good. However, having regard to the cost I do have the nagging fealing of over priced and slightly over rated.

Keith Blackham, Worcs, April 15th 2008

0 Avantgarde 4dr Tip Auto

I am surprised that some people would rate this car as 'rubbish' but I must confess I have had a lot of niggles with my car resulting in umpteen trips to the dealership-a real headache. I love the car especially the economy from such a big engine (I have an 80 lt tank fitted). However, after 4 brand new mercs I would not buy another as the electrics have been very troublesome, and the seats still too firm to be luxurious. So for the Β£ they cost I expect quite a lot more. It is a very nice car but I'm about to change to a Jag XF.

MICHAEL WERNER, DORSET, March 4th 2008

K 4dr Tip Auto

When I bought this car, a 2006 Mercedes Benz E280 Avantgarde Gas/auto trans, I didn't have any second thought, assuming it will be like my previous cars only better. Obviously I was wrong. What does a consumer expect from a 'MORE' expensive car? Answer is 'MORE' build quality; 'MORE' dependability; 'MORE' reliability; 'MORE' performance and 'MORE' quietness; 'MORE' dependable service etc... Unfortunately, all the above are not what you could expect from this car. PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE TOO MUCH IN WHAT YOU SEE OR HEAR - UNLESS THE ONE WHO MADE THE REVIEW IS SOMEONE WHO OWNS THE CAR AND HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR FOR AWHILE NOW. I have absolutely nothing against MB. I'm speaking actually from my own experience. this car is all the nightmares in a car came true. Believe it or not, it's up to you.

Jessie Sh, December 18th 2007

0 CDI Avantgarde 4dr

I have been an avid Merc fan for 25yrs and have owned seven. The last one was a company supplied C200 Kompressor which was the worst and most dangerous car I have ever driven, its brakes failing completely twice. I eventually refused to drive it and bought my own E270 CDI - what a big mistake. 3 yrs later, 85k miles and its scrap just valued at Β£8k and needs Β£8k spending on gearbox turbo electrics and onboard management system. The Merc dealer is useless and has no interest in the car unless I fork out Β£8k. In his dreams! I will count my losses lick my wounds and buy a Japenese car. WARNING to anyone considering buying a Merc DON'T THE BUILD QUALITY IS DIABOICAL & DEALERS JUST KEEP TAKING YOUR MONEY WITH A SNEER. Merc used to build fabulous cars but sadly those days are long gone. I'll never buy another.

Rory Burke, Gloucestershire, December 17th 2007

0 Elegance 4dr Tip Auto

When I bought this car 2006 Mercedes Benz E280 Avantgarde Gas/auto trans, I didn't have any second thought assuming it will be like my previous cars only better. Obviously I was wrong. What does a consumer expect from a 'MORE' expensive car? Answer is 'MORE' build quality; 'MORE' dependability; 'MORE' reliability; 'MORE' performance and 'MORE' quiet engine; 'MORE' dependable service etc... Unfortunately, all the above are not what you could expect from this car. I have absolutely nothing against MB. I'm speaking actually from my own experience. this car is all the nightmares in car came true. Believe it or not, its up to you.

Jessie Sh, December 15th 2007

0 Avantgarde 4dr Tip Auto

I own this car 2006 E280 Avantgarde gas with auto trans which I bought for around USD 90,000 equivalent to our currency. I am almost 50 year old now. I've driven American cars to Japanese cars to European cars. I change to a brand new car almost every four years. My previous car was a 2002 BMW 525i. This is what I can say about this car Mercedes Benz W211 body E280 GAS. If you are somebody to finds it fun going in and out of the repair shop and interested in finding the real quality of this popular brand and having fun counting all the disadvantages and problems of this car, then feel free to consider this car. If not, 'TAKE MY HONEST AND FRIENDLY ADVICE' from actual experience. 'DON"T EVEN PUT IT IN YOUR TOP 5 LISTS'. It is 'DEFINITELY' going to be your 'WORST NIGHTMARE'. about buying a new car.

Jessie Sh, December 5th 2007

0 Avantgarde 4dr [2.6]

I own this car, and in my opinion its absolutely fantastic. If you can afford the running costs (which are pretty high) then it shouldn't be a problem. It has never broken down, the quality is excellent, its got a gorgeous V6 and above all its a Mercedes. The customer satisfaction from the dealers is also very good... This car has a heart .... it makes you feel really happy... :) I love it!

Moiz Zahid, Gwynedd, November 18th 2007

0 CDI Elegance 4dr

I have recently experienced a new E-Class and can easily say this is one of the best in class. In terms of style, the exterior looks excellent, even after 5 years. As to the interior, it is much better shaped and designed, and has much better plastics. The current-generation E-Class also is very spacious and has a cavernous boot. As it is a very secure car, some people use it as a bank vault… As to the drive, although it isn’t very sporty, it’s very good. I have to disagree completely with Mr. Phil Kean (who posted a review for the Estate version) saying that it has a horrible ride. I can’t disagree more. Okay, I did feel some bumps on these terrible Maltese roads of course, but it smoothed out even a pothole which was so big it forced the doors to unlock, the car having sensed a big force. The gear shift responses and ride height can be adjusted in favour of sportiness or comfort. Refinement is also very good (albeit a-little engine noise intruding), and it also has good fuel economy and decent performance. It’s also easier to park and manoeuvre than you would expect as it has a very tight turning circle. While owning this car (around a week), it has been faultless. Overall, a superb car. My father nearly prefers it to the previous-generation S-Class, and I quite understand. What I can’t understand are some of the reader reviews found here.

Christian Galea, Malta, November 13th 2007