We've already been behind the wheel of the Stelvio, and our full 16-point review can tell you what it's like to drive, how spacious it is inside and how well it compares to its closest rivals.
The Stelvio is marginally longer and lower but significantly wider than the Q5, giving it a low-slung, sporty appearance. And while it's clearly an SUV, it also takes styling cues from the rest of the Alfa Romeo range, most notably the Giulia executive saloon.
Alfa Romeo Stelvio prices revealed
Alfa Romeo has now revealed pricing for the Stelvio, with the new SUV costing from £33,990. At that entry-level price, the Stelvio is significantly cheaper than all of its main rivals – the X3 is priced from £38,800, the Q5 costs at least £38,035 and the Macan will set you back £45,915.
In fact, even in range-topping Milano Edizione 2.2-litre diesel form with four-wheel drive, the £43,990 Stevlio is still cheaper than the entry-level Macan.
Alfa Romeo Stelvio equipment
Buyers can choose from four trim levels, dubbed Stelvio, Super, Speciale and Milano Edizione. As standard, the Stelvio comes with 17in alloy wheels, cruise control, an 8.8in infotainment screen, a driving mode selection system, automatic emergency braking (AEB), lane departure warning, rear parking sensors and dual-zone climate control.
Super specification adds to that list with larger 18in alloys, a 7.0in driver's information screen, sat-nav, front parking sensors and part-leather seats.
Speciale models additionally get 19in alloys, aluminium and chrome detailing, heated leather seats and a heated steering wheel.
Top-spec Milano Edizione models get 20in alloy wheels, an upgraded sound system, keyless entry, reversing camera, sports seats and privacy glass.
Alfa Romeo Stelvio price list
Below is the full price list for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, which goes on sale in September.
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.2 Diesel 180hp RWD - £33,990
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0 Petrol 200hp AWD - £34,690
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Super 2.2 Diesel 180hp RWD - £36,190
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Super 2.2 Diesel 180hp AWD - £37,690
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Super 2.0 Petrol 200hp AWD - £36,890
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Super 2.2 Diesel 210hp AWD - £38,490
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Speciale 2.2 Diesel 180hp AWD - £41,490
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Speciale 2.0 Petrol 280hp AWD - £43,690
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Speciale 2.2 Diesel 210hp AWD - £42,290
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Milano Edizione 2.0 Petrol 280hp AWD - £45,490
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Milano Edizione 2.2 Diesel 210hp AWD - £43,990
Got a motoring question? Our experts are standing by to help, just tweet us your question using #askwhatcar
For all the latest reviews, advice and new car deals, sign up to the What Car? newsletter here