Help to beat the 'cowboy' garages by logging on to YouTube, now.
The video, 'How to avoid cowboy garages', has been produced by Motor Codes Limited, the body that oversees the Motor Industry Code of Practice for Service and Repair.
Free to view on YouTube, the video shows how using businesses that subscribe to the Code gives consumers better service and protection.
You can watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuDkYB5tDA or go to www.motorindustrycodes.co.uk.
Motor Codes director Chris Mason said: 'Simplicity is the name of the game and the film demonstrates how we and the garage industry are determined to change the perception of the sector and identify where motorists can find value-for-money services with responsible business operators.
The industry code commits participating garages to:
• Honest and fair services
• Open and transparent pricing
• Completing work as agreed
• Invoices that match quoted prices
• Competent and conscientious staff
• A straightforward, swift complaints procedure
Benefits to motorists include:
• Free consumer advice line (0800 692 0825)
• Online search facility allowing consumers to locate their nearest subscribing garage
• Free conciliation and low-cost, legally binding arbitration