Best buy: Skoda Octavia Estate 1.4 TSI SE Technology
The Octavia is quite simply the best family hatchback you can buy, while this estate version takes the already impressive practicality and moves it onto another level. There are more stylish options, but if your priorities are a comfortable ride, loads of space and generous standard equipment for a very affordable price, then little gets close.
- Manufacturer price £21,235
- Options to add Partition screen (£175); rubber boot mat (dealer fit); boot protecter trim (dealer fit)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £19,198
Also consider: Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi 130 1
Kia's family SUV is good value for money and has a spacious interior – plus it should hold onto its value better than most of its rivals. It's only so-so to drive, though, and you don't get automatic emergency braking on most versions.
- Manufacturer price £19,200
- Options to add Trunk sill protector (£76); bumper protection foil (£45)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £17,646
Also consider: Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer 1.6 CDTi 110 Design
This Astra estate is spacious and comfortable over long distances, and buying one won't break the bank. A Skoda Octavia Estate is even more spacious, though.
- Manufacturer price £20,150
- Options to add Foldable cargo liner (£117.94)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £18,491
Page 2 of 7