Best cars for dog owners
Whether you've got less than £16,000 to spend or more than £40,000, there's a new car that's ideal for you if you own a dog. Here we reveal our winners in every price point – and our overall cham...
Best buy: Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDI SE L Executive DSG
The Superb Estate is, well, superb in almost every area. It's got more space inside for your family and their luggage than most other cars in this class, it's decent to drive and it won't break the bank to buy or run. It really is a great all-rounder.
- Manufacturer price £30,085
- Options to add Plastic boot tray (£165); variable boot floor (£150); rear bumper protector (£54)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £26,037
Also consider: Peugeot 5008 2.0 BlueHDI GT Line
Luxury, refinement and stylish looks are now just as important to most buyers as price and practicality, and Peugeot has embraced this; while its original 5008 was a traditional, boxy MPV, the new model is one of the best large SUVs around. As a bonus for dog owners, it has a lower boot floor than many of its rivals.
- Manufacturer price £31,810
- Options to add None
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £29,461
Also consider: Citroën Spacetourer 2.0 BlueHDi Feel XL
Where most MPVs and large SUVs can seat a maximum of seven people, the Spacetourer has room for up to nine. Or alternatively, you can carry seven and still have plenty of room for the biggest of family dogs. Just bear in mind that there's a simple reason for this practicality; if you look beyond the fancy alloy wheels, it’s really a van underneath.
- Manufacturer price £34,220
- Options to add Dog guard (£63.73)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £29,286