Best cars for dog owners
Whether you've got less than £16,000 to spend or more than £40,000, there's a new car that's ideal for you if you own a dog. Here we reveal our winners in every price point – and our overall cham...
Best buy: Mercedes E-Class Estate E220 d SE
Whether you'll really want to let your dog loose inside the plush and high-class Mercedes E-Class Estate is a personal choice, but there's no denying this is a hugely spacious and refined estate car. SE versions come with pretty much everything you're likely to need, including sat-nav, parking sensors and a rear-view camera.
- Manufacturer price £39,525
- Options to add Boot tub deep (£87)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £35,782
Also consider: BMW 5 Series Touring 520d SE
BMW's 520d Touring is every bit as classy and comfortable as the brilliant 5 Series saloon, and adds an extra dose of practicality. Just bear in mind that's its boot isn't as big as the E-Class's.
- Manufacturer price £40,025
- Options to add Dog guard (dealer fit)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £35,776
Also consider: Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto
Land Rovers are loved by dog owners the world over for their rough-and-ready, go-anywhere driving ability, but the Discovery Sport mixes that with an interior that's also fairly luxurious. You can opt for seven seats if you want to replace paws with people, too.
- Manufacturer price £40,455
- Options to add Full-height luggage partition (£443); loadspace liner tray (£164); flexible loadspace protector (£131)
- Best deal on What Car? New Car Buying £37,962