You can now turn your iPhone into a TomTom sat-nav system, thanks to a new application (app).
The new TomTom sat-nav app is available for iPhone 3G and 3GS users, and can be downloaded at http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app.
Range of features
The new app uses technology that processes journeys driven by millions of TomTom owners to calculate the fastest route.
A safety camera database is also included, to warn drivers of any cameras on their route.
Other features of the app include:
• Turn-by-turn spoken navigation
• Automatic re-routing
• Landscape or portrait view
• 2D or 3D display
• Multi-touch gestures tap, swipe or pinch to zoom in or out
• Navigation to contacts in phone's address book
Two versions available
Regional and continental versions of the system are available:
• TomTom for iPhone app with maps of UK and Ireland at 59.99
• TomTom for iPhone app including map of Western Europe at 79.99
Both versions are on sale now. Other apps compatible with the iPod touch and other iPhone models will be released soon.