Real-world MPG: most efficient small cars 2016
The What Car? True MPG team has tested a variety of small cars that achieve more than 50.0mpg in our real-world fuel economy test...
6. Dacia Sandero 1.5 dCi – official 74.3mpg; True MPG 61.7mpg
The Dacia Sandero is not only cheap to buy but our data suggests it will also be cheap to fill up. Our testers recorded 61.7mpg against an official fuel economy figure of 74.3mpg.
7. Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet – official 72.4mpg; True MPG 61.0mpg
The Panda Multijet is an appealing and cheap-to-run city car. Our technicians recorded 61.0mpg against an official fuel economy figure of 72.4mpg.
8. Renault Clio 1.5 dCi 90 – official 78.5mpg; True MPG 60.1mpg
Renault's 1.5 dCi engine is also available in the Captur mini-SUV, but in the Clio it achieved 60.1mpg in our True MPG tests.
9. Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTi Ecoflex – official 85.6mpg; True MPG 60.0mpg
The Vauxhall Corsa is spacious and well priced, and with this 1.3-litre diesel engine it's also economical.
10. Hyundai i20 1.4 CRDi – official 68.9mpg; True MPG 59.4mpg
Hyundai's latest i20 is well equipped and offers good value for money. The 1.4-litre diesel also manages to get pretty close to its official fuel economy figure.