Top 10 reliable 4x4s revealed
* Honda HR-V is most reliable * Land Rover Freelander performs well, too * Range Rover is least reliable...
Warranty Direct has published its latest figures to reveal the most, and least, reliable 4x4s and SUVs.
The average reliability score for all types of car is 100 and the lower the score awarded, the better. Honda's HR-V ('98-'06) has been named the most reliable, with a reliability index rating of just six and an average repair cost of 213.
Suzuki's Grand Vitara ('05-) claimed second in the 4x4/SUV class with a rating of 20, while Honda's CR-V ('07-) was third with a score of 21.
Warranty Direct's top 10 most reliable 4x4s:
1. Honda HR-V ('98-'06)
2. Suzuki Grand Vitara ('05-)
3. Honda CR-V ('07-)
4. Subaru Forester ('02-'08)
5. Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin ('99-'06)
6. Kia Sportage ('05-'11)
7. Land Rover Freelander ('06-)
8. Nissan X-Trail ('07-)
9. Kia Sorento ('03-)
10. Hyundai Santa Fe ('01-'06)
Warranty Direct's figures also revealed that the least reliable 4x4 was the Land Rover Range Rover ('02-).
Warranty Direct's Duncan McClure Fisher said: 'Modern 4x4s are fairly expensive to run, but our study shows that there's a handful of incredibly reliable examples, which won't break the bank.'
The Warranty Direct rating system takes in to account the following variables:
• Number of failures
• Cost of repairs
• Amount of time spent off the road
• Average age and mileage of vehicles
Learn more about the reliability index and find your car's score at www.warrantydirect.co.uk.