VW launches Golf Plus Bluemotion
* Prices from 17,570 * CO2 emissions of 114g/km * Available to order now...
Volkswagen's Golf Plus now has an average fuel economy of over 65mpg, thanks to the addition of Bluemotion technology.
The Golf's standard 1.6-litre diesel engine has been given the Bluemotion's economy-boosting and emission-cutting treatment, which includes:
• An engine stop/start system
• A regenerative braking system
• Revised gear ratios for third, fourth and fifth
• Low-rolling resistance tyres
• Lowered suspension
• Gearshift indicator
Two trims available
The changes cut CO2 emissions to 114g/km, compared with 126g/km for standard 1.6 TDI models. Average fuel economy is 65.7mpg, rather than 58.9mpg.
The Golf Plus Bluemotion comes in the same trim levels as any Golf Plus S or SE.
The S version comes with:
• Six airbags
• Stability control
Extra features for the SE include:
• Cruise control
• Alloy wheels
• VW's Park Assist system
The Golf Plus Bluemotion S costs 17,570, and the SE version costs 18,920.