Visia 5dr [AC]

I bought this car in January 2014, quite pleased with the drive thats not a problem at the moment, my main concern is the bodywork and paint. My car is black, I think the whole car has been sprayed with a single spay can, the slightest touch to the paintwork even just catching it with your nail when open a door will leave a white mark. Bird droppings leave a mark that cannot be removed leaving a stain impregnated in the paint. The body panels are so thin they dent on the slightest impact. ie my car washing brush slide down the wall from where it was standing just glancing the passenger door leaving a dent and a white mark where the paint had gone through. The first time i opened the bonnet it would not shut so i had to push it down leaving a dent in it. I could go on and on but am limited to 1500 characters. needles to say the car is going back to the Nissan dealer for inspection and report back to Nissan. I have been buying Nissan cars for the last twenty years without any problems, but this car could mean the end of Nissan for me.

John stevens, Devon, May 27th 2014

SVE 3dr

Owned this as automatic for 6 years. (Got 2nd hand as 3 yr old). Did over 90000 miles. Never broke down, comfy drive. Nippy in town with enough power for my 30 mile motorway commute. Only looking for replacement now as needs new steering brushes and service cost> trade in value. Struggling to find a replacement of similar spec and size. Definitely would buy again if they were not now £8000 + second hand!

Nicola Percy, berks, February 20th 2014

S 5dr

Only had this car for a month but so far am very pleased! I am the fourth owner and when I bought it it had already clocked 92,000 miles, so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect but yet I haven't found any faults. So it shows if you look after the Micra, it will last a long time. I passed my test a month ago and wanted a cheap little runabout to keep practising. Its small size and engine (1.2) is perfect for me and cheap to insure too. I've done a lot of city driving (I live in Central London) and also done three motorway trips. It has performed well on all of them. My mother has been driving for 35 years and also is totally smitten with it, so it's not just my newbie opinion. The Micra's size and tight turning circle makes it very good at parking - even if I'm not! The body gets dents in very easily, and I should know as I've had a couple of run-ins with the kerbs. In terms of space it is very adjustable, you can move the rear passenger seats forward/back depending on whether you carrying shopping/luggage or passengers. My boyfriend who is 6ft3 finds it very hard sitting in the front seat, even with the chair pushed all the way back. I can't imagine it would be possible for him to drive it! However I can fit three of my female friends/smaller male friends as passengers easily, no complaints about leg room. Might be because it's my first car, but I'm totally in love. Well worth the price I paid for it = £1200.

Dora Somerville, London, August 4th 2013

Acenta 5dr

I bought my 1.2 Acenta in June and have done 2.5k, mostly urban driving with a few hundred miles of motorway driving mixed in. Visually, its not as appealling as the K12 Micra but it does a job. Space inside the cabin is more than sufficient both in the front and back. The boot space is exceptionally good with the ability to roll back rear seats to give a huge amount of boot space for larger items. In the cabin, plastics are cheap quality but with the Acenta, the aircon, bluetooth, aux function are all wee extras that make the difference. The seating is very comfortable. There are a few rattles in the cabin but they are not too annoying.. Storage is good for nik naks too. The 1.2 engine is noisy above 50MPH but the car handles well and has a good turn of speed and is relatively responsive and nippy. It costs approx £46.00 to fill up and I am getting nearly 500 from a tank. Excellent considering its used mainly for town driving. Overall, you get what you pay for and for the price I paid, I am more than satisfied with its performance as a runaround.. I love my car, it does the job well and I am more than happy

Fiona Macfarlan, September 12th 2012

Acenta 5dr

Test drove the new Micra as I was looking for a 5 door car to replace my Fiat 500. Overall it's a nice little car the gear changes didn't appear smooth and felt a little cheap to be honest. I've owned a Nissan before and they are reliable and they are suitable for a average persons needs. The only bad point is the Nissan dealership are pushy to get a sale no sooner as I'd stepped out the car to have a look there was a salesman pounced on you. They were trying to get me to buy one without a test drive and didn't listen to what I was saying about not wanting to do finance even though it was 0% APR. They were closing and trying to do 'special' offers for me which only lasted there and then. I've decided to stay with my Fiat 500 as I've had no problems and the dealership is 5 star compared to Nissan they are very friendly and welcoming and understand your needs as its not a a loaf of bread I was buying. It was a lot of money I had saved up through hard work. Overall the Micra is a great car but at the moment it's not for me.

Ray Barton, May 13th 2012

Sport 3dr

We had this car new in September 2005 and it is a low milage second car. The only problems todate have been a noisy electric window and faulty a door catch. The later was potentially dangerous as the passenger door swung open whilst driving. It holds the road well and has a lively and responsive engine. The overall quality is reasonably good and we like the way the rear seat slides forward to give a larger boot area. The main dislike is the fact that the rear seat backs don't fold completely flat, which severely reduces load capacity. The car is great fun to drive.

Caroline Mulley, West Sussex, January 12th 2009

SE 5dr

I enjoy my Nissan Micra. When I bought the car in Cardiff Wessex garage about 3.5 years ago they told me it was a 1.2 SE Extra- the extra's being e-sun roof, leather steering wheel and Alloy wheels. The Micra is very roomy inside - I'm on the big side and there's loads of room. It's lovely to drive too. The technology's good. The only faults are: the windows rattle if they are not all the way up or down; I had a faulty boot switch and faulty reversing light switch, which just cost me £209 to have repaired. The faulty boot switch was quite dangerous as it was release the boot whilst I was driving. I've read a few reviews on the Internet and there seems to be a common fault with the Micra's boot switch. However, overall it's a good car with loads of room inside. The only other fault is that the leather steering wheel has started disintergrating. I bought the car from new (75 miles on clock), so I know that none of the faults are through negligence. I also get my car serviced every 9k as advised.

JANE ANSTEE, BRIDGEND, December 2nd 2008

25 3dr

I bought this car from Arnold Clark in Perth in Oct 2007. The car is a 2004 model nissan micra. I do not have a high milage output. in the last year I have only done nearly 4thousand miles (low avr.) The car has full history of services. in the last six month have had to replace the timing chain and new sensors as well as new spark plugs. I would be interested if anybody else has experienced similar problems Milage is now 36350 which is not high for the age of the car. The car cost to buy was near £5000. and it has have so far cost me £1000 this does not inclued service and MOT & tax.

caroline colville, Perth & Kinross, November 25th 2008

S 3dr

I currently have a Micra 2005. I have owned it for six months and I absolutely love it. The only thing is I have been told it needs £800 spending on it and so I have to get rid of it as I cannot afford to repair it. I am devasted. The drive is faultless, it's so comfy and the petrol just lasts and lasts. I am having to swap the finance from this car onto another. I would have loved to get another Micra but couldn't find one I can afford so I am picking up my 2006 Peugeot 107 this week. I am not looking forward to it greatly as I will miss my little Micra. The only bad point I can say is the rear seat space is really bad and not suitable for an adult to sit in. After seeing the rear space in the 107, I was suprised it was so much bigger. But the rear space in the Micra is obvously compensated for the larger boot.

Emma Foy, October 6th 2008

E 3dr

I drove this model,with only 2500 miles on the clock for a week covering over 600 miles.Around town it's not so bad,easy to steer,nice gearshift and acceptable acceleration.Fuel consumption was amazing at 65mpg.The cabin is spacious and put together meticulously but the mass of black plastic isn't easy on the eye.The seats are awful but the visibility is second to none.So far,so good.Then onto the motorway,the engine noise at anything over 60mph requires ear plugs.Simply impossible to live with.Can i suggest Nissan explores soundproofing? I was glad to give it back.

Steve McCabe, September 2nd 2008

Acenta 5dr

I just put a deposit down on a used Micra and I cant wait to collect it.The equipment is outstanding and I got a great deal from Westway Nissan in Manchester.Its comfortable and nippy and great value.The only downside for me was my insurance quote which wasnt as cheap as my Group 6 Focus Zetec.Maybe it will be cheaper next year? I recommend Westway Manchester.

lisa tirebuck, lancashire, August 26th 2008

SLX 5dr

Family owened car since 1993 , presently 96600 miles , I use it from 1993 to 2005 with two problem with oil seal cost £200+ and battery changed twice , it gave me good service , last week it broke due to loss of power , the Rescue man diagnosed faulty lead , I had it investigated by Belgrave Motors in Gants Hill, Colin the mechanic diagnosed it as blocked filter , he cleaned the offending area and replaced the petrol filter and put petrol treatment , he advised me to put shell , Esso petrol and not to use supermarket petrol , it loss power twice after that, I stopped and once left to run for a short while it purr again , on friday about 4pm a Second petrol treament was added and drove it home about 2 miles with no problem he told me it takes about 4 weeks to unblock if not airvent need changing £200 I have found this car and my mechanic very reliable, service every year for £130 Belgrave Motors insurance £269 (try morethan or Budjet) My daughter use it for last three years now she does not want it back as it let her down on the Motorway I would keep it but I have an Almera 1.5 SVE which also is giving me good service , I work as a community Nurse so my car need to be extra reliable I will recommend this car but at the end of the day the choice has to be YOURS Mileage is how you drive if you are always in a hurry like a Fireman £ will drain from YOUR pocket or Purse Safe Motoring Take Care on the Road Sam

sam veerasamy, UK, August 17th 2008

Urbis 3dr

I have owned my 2005 1.2 Urbis for just over a year now and I love this car. I do alot of milage as my job is about 30 miles away from home, also my boyfriend lives 130 miles away so I need a reliable car. Its comfortable to drive, ideal for town and city driving, easy to park in small spaces. I drive alot on the motorway and yes it can be a little noisy but it doesn't bother me as I have my CD player on loud. It drives nicely on the motorway and easily keeps the speed up. It handles wonderfully and its good for petrol. I have the Urbis edition which was a limited edition in 2005 and also 2006 it has optional extras including in the model as standard, so was a bargin when I bought it. It includes; Reverse Parking sensors Air Condition Alloy Wheels Rear Spoiler.

Katie Birch, Derbyshire, August 11th 2008

Acenta 5dr

Had the car 3 months now (1.2 Acenta) and I have to admit that I can't really find anything I don't like or annoys me. Getting 51mpg on average over the last 1000 miles doing mostly short journeys under 5 miles. Easy to drive and park and good acceleration for engine size. No faults so far.

ROBERT YOUNG, August 2nd 2008

SE 3dr

I am on my 5th Micra and can only say that they get better and better. I have to disagree with What Car's boot size rating as I find that my micra will fit more in than most other superminis and the back seats slide forward to make the boot even more spacious. I and my friend are shopaholics and regularly visit discount shopping centres and the boot is big enough to hold all of our bargains! A feat in itself. My car does 250 miles to a tankful which is city driving, it also does the same on when on longer journeys.

Jackie Howarth, West Yorkshire, July 14th 2008

dCi 86 Acenta 3dr

I wrote a review of my new 2005 Micra 1.5 a couple years ago. On wishing to change in March this year 2008, I tried various vehicles including the Clio, 207 etc., but most of the superminis have become enormous, something I did not want. The Yaris seemed possible but the price didn't so I went back to my Nissan dealer and selected the new updated Micra. Wow, they have done some good work. The seating is considerably improved, the little 1.5 86bhp diesel is magic and now is in the £35 tax band. It seems to have more oomph and power yet the computer is still stating 66mpg. As there was an offer at the time, I was able to include parking sensors and fog lights. My original Micra was totally fault free. This new one has all the good points of nippy driving, easy parking, brilliant on country and town roads..in fact a real pleasure and fun to drive. It is excellent for one driver plus a partner, plenty of storage with the sliding back seat, and comfortable, and I like the new attractive more mature look. A delightful practical car with loads of personality and charm.

Michael Pyke, Somerset, May 28th 2008

S 3dr

NOT A 1.0 S 3dr! My car is so rubbish there is no option for it!!! 1.0 16v wave edition, 1994. yes its old, but in the two years I've had it,I've spent double what I paid for it. I have had 2 new Throttle bodies- new they ranger from £500- £650 and are a common fault on the micra. it needed a new one of these when i bought it, although of course i did not know that at the time. both the throttle bodies i have had have been second hand, £120 each. Ive had a new clutch, new exhaust, new ignition distributor,the 2 MOTs i have paid for have been £190 and £240- due to the faults on it. right now it needs a new gearbox which i cannot afford- second hand will be £280- prviding the second hand clutch it currently has does not need replacing again. i wouldn't buy one of these cars again if someone paid me! yes its cheap to run and in the 2 years i have only had to use break down cover once.but this isnt worth the cost of how much it costs with my v.reliable mechanic! beware: the throttle body can mean many things, mine would cut out when it was stationary, at lights, anywhere. the garage i bought it from told me i couldnt drive it properly! yes GARAGE! it did this when i test drove it but as he had told me even before i left;i would be likely to stall a car i hadn't driven before, so i thought i'd stalled it. if the gearbox is noisy dont buy it! i just wanted to warn everybody, i am a student, and cannot afford this car anymore!

Kayleigh Turton, May 7th 2008

SE 3dr

this is my third new nissan micra and its beeen back to the dealersover the last three years for numerous faults new steering wheel because the leather disintregated new radio new pedal box new door locks the warrantee ran out a month ago and quess what the engine as now developed an oil leak from the rear crank shaft oil seal i will not be buying another nissan

edward jones, lancashire, May 3rd 2008

SE 5dr

I currently own a 2002 Nissan Micra. Its a shame people are always seeming to bash theses cars, & for what reason because there popular with the elderley!! just because elderley people are taking there times & there reactions are slower doesnt mean this car cant go over 20mph!. I have recieved 100% absolutley no problems with my car since owning it for the past 3 years. Great around the town, can hold the weekley shop & great miles to the gallon & never lets you down what more can you ask for?. But anyways..We Rock- even if it is a granny-mobile...hahaha!.

Ray Barton, March 6th 2008

SE 5dr

We have had Nissans in our family for years (My dad bought his first Datsun 120y 6 weeks after I was born and is now on his 5th Micra, 32 years later), so when the time came to replace my Volvo 850 last August I started looking for a Primera. Not quite sure how I ended up with this, but it had the right spec, mileage and was the right price, so I bought my 2001 1.4 CVT Auto. It is a great little car, very cheap to run, but in this set up, not that economical. Day to day commuting averages around 38mog and on a run I can get it over 40, but my dad is averaging 52.5 in his 05 plate 1.2, so I am a little disappointed. You do however, need to drive it pretty hard to extract any performance out of it so this might affect MPG figures. Still well put together, with only a few creaks and rattles! Has decent spec (mines got air con, electric windows, plippable locking and power steering) and the stereo is quite good. In truth though, it no longer practical for me now, our family is growing and I need something bigger. I have just got a new job with the offer of a lease car so I may take it and get a Berlingo.

Rob Laycock, Cambridgeshire, March 4th 2008