Nissan Murano 4x4 Owner reviews

V6 5dr CVT

Have just moved to Nissan Murano following Subaru Outback (great build, fine cabin,superb handling - let down by ride quality which would loosen your fillings). Particularly impressed by mechanical refinement, comfort and easy driveability - the drivetrain is superb and car handles really well for a big SUV. Wife has Lexus RX (similar vehicle but a fair bit more expensive new so comparison interesting). Murano bigger but Lexus has more upmarket interior with better detailing and materials, and better kit list including power passenger seat and rear door. Also it has useful extras like rain sensitive wipers and remote window close - the Nissan "info centre" is particularly useless, not even outside temp. Mechanically the Mo can compete with the best - did Nissan loose confidence with the packaging - or does it want to distance car from forthcoming Infiniti brand?

John Moir, September 25th 2007

V6 5dr CVT

I have owned and run a Murano since they were first released here in Holland in 2005. Having previously owned a couple of Porsche Boxsters I can safely say that I prefer driving the Murano! The reliability has been faultless which is more than I can say about at least one of Boxsters! The Murano has effortless power coupled with a smooth ride and considerable comfort. The specification level is very high indeed for the price of the car (far better value than a German equivalent). The fact that there are relatively few Muranos on the road is also nice as it offers some exclusivity that more than compensates for the lack of a luxury "badge". It would benefit from both an external temperature gauge and electrically foldable wing-mirrors but these are minor points. The large petrol V6 does make it rather "thirsty" and i'm sure that if Nissan offered a 3.0 diesel version they would sell like hotcakes. On balance however this is the best car I have ever owned and I am just about to take delivery of another new one!

Jon Craven, September 18th 2007

V6 5dr CVT

Great driving experience, handling and performance both car-like though poor fuel economy to be expected particularly if you put your foot down. Great interior, all the toys and pretty-well built throughout. Bags of space for passenegers and their stuff, loads of clever and neat storage. Not only that, but at least you're driving something a bit different...

Alex Lowe, Surrey, September 10th 2007

V6 5dr CVT

My new ex demo black Murano [Ti] arrived last month.What I liked about the car was the cost [$60,000new]Lexas [89k]or BMWx3or5 [80 k+ or 120 k+]great ride very quiet.At the present we are averaging about 1l litres per 100k or 9k per litre on a trip or 14-15ltrs/100 or 6k per litre around town.We donnot get the reversing camera and satnav here [nz] just a basic LED display for maintence and economy pity but there are number of outside suppliers.Amazed at the number of people who wonder what car it is. JUST GREAT

bruce smith, new zealand, October 4th 2006

V6 5dr CVT

I recently took delivery of my Murano and have enjoyed driving it. As a previous Jaguar owner I have been impressed by the performance and fuel consumption. The quality of the ride is excellent, being very comfortable on long journeys. My only quibble is that the Sat-Nav data is out of date and this can be annoying when trying to find a particular place.

ian metcalfe, essex, July 16th 2006

V6 5dr CVT

I have recently bought a Murano. Its a fanstastic car to drive. Have driven the XC90 but this is a far better car. Its great for long distances and also for short trips to the shops. I had the twin dvd system fitted at the rear and the kids love it. It looks like the residuals are good as well.

prasheel kunwardia, avon, April 30th 2006

V6 5dr CVT

I have ordered this car having had a long test drive. It is everything an SUV should be: quiet, comfortable, and quite quick. I am moving to this car having owned a Porsche Cayenne S, and I currently own a Range Rover Vogue 4.6 (2001). I even consider it pretty quick after the Porsche!

Steve Blake, Surrey, July 25th 2005

V6 5dr CVT

Absolutely fantastic car to drive in traffic, on country roads or on major trunk roads. Combines both a sporty feel with plenty of acceleration with the ride of an executive saloon. Do not agree with your comment on rear visability given large side mirrors and the parking camera, the rear pillars are not an issue. The best car I've driven in 5 years without a doubt - it has put the fun back into driving. Space is outstanding and the cabin quality and equipment levels put the prestige marks to shame, especially BMW. It had me hooked in 5 minutes.

Steve Branchflower, July 18th 2005

V6 5dr CVT

I've taken delivery of a Murano in Cayman blue this week. I was a bit apprehensive as I have never had a test drive or seen one in real life, but I was not disappointed. This car is stunning, absolutely stunning and we get lots of questions about it when driving and parking. The gearbox is just beyond belief, it is so smooth, much smoother than the BMW 750 I used to own and that is saying something! Build quality is very, very high. It has excellent leather, good controls, fantastic sat-nav, and the color rear-view camera works perfectly in the dark, which is useful on our driveway. Driveability is much better than any SUV I have driven (including the X5 and XC90). At first it seemed a little soft and I was worried that the suspension is too American, but my mind soon got changed when taking the first roundabout. This car has got incredible control and precision in its steering. The road up to our village has got a lot of camber swooping from one side to another and this car totally smooths it out. It's absolutely the best experience I have had in any car on that road. I've given ownership one star less, which is due to fuel-consumption - however, let's be real as it does have a 3.5L V6 petrol in it. So you can't expect diesel-style fuel consumption. My previous experience with Nissan (a Patrol GR) leads me to believe that ownership should be trouble-free and servicing should be cheaper than a VW Golf. It has to be noted that this car has got flexible s

Jean-Paul de Jong, Bedfordshire, April 6th 2005

V6 5dr CVT

Japan to UK specs. The level of equipment is outstanding with the quality of build to match. Its futuristic looks certainly turn heads (had numerous admiring comments from colleagues) and the smooth lines ensure it slips through the air with little or no wind noise. The manual gear option provides excellent throttle response as the car is propelled to 100mph. Fuel consumption while running-in has been between 19mpg to 20 mpg, which I consider excellent for the size of engine. Running costs here are false compared to the UK as petrol per litre is only 13 pence and, having just had the initial service, the oils and filter cost 11 pounds. Insurance here cost about 425 pounds per year based on full no claims. We are driving to Amman in Jordan tomorrow, approximately 450km, so it will be a real test as the roads are not the best in the world. Overall, we are very pleased with the car and would certainly recommend it. Be careful on the motorway because at 100mph, at 2125rpm in auto mode, it seems that it is hardly moving.

Philip Scates, March 22nd 2005