Peugeot 207 Coupe Cabriolet Owner reviews

HDi Sport 3dr

ive had my peugeot 207 hdi sport for a year now and can say its one of the most economical cars ive owned i have had max of 78mpg on a run and since had it remapped for a little extra power and now get 82mpg think ill buy another peugeot

james barber, west mids, September 5th 2013

16V GTi THP 175 3dr

This little sports hatchback is jam packed with fun. Exterior 5/10 - Cheap Plastic GTi Body kit, Only thing going for its looks are the 17" Sports alloys. Just a ordinary 207 with front splitters and side skirts stuck on. Interior 8/10 - Solid large half leather recaro style bucket seats are wonderful, along with rear isofix bucket seats, Nothing special on the in car entertainment front, just basic and french. Engine 10/10 - FANTASTIC. Sums it up. With its copper S engine, the reliability on the engine is wonderful, its got impressive performance to it when the turbo boost kicks in , and handles to the road perfectly. Only option is its thirsty when you want to have a bit off fun, averages about 32mpg. If being sensible can get a steady 40mpg on motorway. Insurance isnt a major issue so will attract young drivers quite easy.

Lee Concannon, Cheshire, August 3rd 2013

HDi 90 Sport 5dr

I have had an ongoing problem with my car, which has still not been resolved since being reported in November 2011. This relates to an intermittent fault, which other reviewers have pointed out. I reported this to Peugeot while the car was still under warranty, and they agreed in writing to honour the cost of any repairs relating to this issue, even after the warranty had expired. While driving there is a sudden bleeping sound, causing the temporary loss of power and engine cutting out, and a warning sign appears on the display stating "ANTI POLLUTION FAULTY". Garage has examined this issue three times, but could not identify any fault and instructed me to return when it re-occurred to undertake a diagnostic test. Eventually this revealed one of three faults relating to the fuel pump sensor, but said they were unable to proceed with any repair work until receiving authorisation from Peugeot Head Office. I did so and then received a phone call back, advising they would not cover the cost of any repair work relating to this fault, and were only willing to cover the cost of a further required diagnostic test as a "goodwill gesture". Only after several weeks did I receive an e-mail from Peugeot, stating they would honour their original agreement, but ultimately nothing could be done until the dealer could diagnose a fault. All of this constitutes gross negligence and poor customer service. I have been going round in circles, and will never buy another Peugeot.

Fraser Robertson, North Lanarkshire, December 3rd 2012

16V Sport 2dr

MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT. I bought this car which looks great but the build quality is poor. When I first bought it there were a few teething problems, drivers window not working correctly, door hinges dropping and a rattle from the rear. The drive of it was not great either, it kangaroo'd a lot in first gear, sounded like an old tractor upon start up, the fuel and oil consumption was horrendous. After a few months the drivers window became faulty again and the dreaded 'depollution' fault illuminated on the dashboard. The car would not drive, it became very idle and was dangerous to drive. Peugeot told me to continue driving it until they found time to fix it!! I didn't...especially after reading all the reviews regarding this fault. Peugeot stated they fixed it but less than two weeks later the fault re-appeared and the fuel consumption drastically increased again. I am now aware that this fault is something Peugeot cannot rectify and can cause high fuel and oil consumption, be very noisy on start up and jerking in first gear. After reading all the reviews on this I got rid of it after it was last fixed as the warranty was due to run out and Peugeot would not accept the car was suffering from the same fault and I feared I would end up paying for future repairs. The car went back to the garage 5 times in 9 months TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I am now thousands pounds out of pocket.

Cheryl Joyner, West Midlands, February 1st 2012

16V GT THP 150 3dr

I have the car now around 26 months and have a recurrent "depollution system fault" causing SERIOUS POWER LOSS and loud engine noises since February β€˜08. These problems have been addressed to Peugeot several times and my car has been in the garage being changed various parts for 8 times already. The last checks & part replacements have been done in December β€˜08 by a Peugeot Headquarter technican and I was promised that these problems were finally solved. On January 04, 2009 the engine warning light went on and the "DEPOLLUTION SYSTEM FAULTY" message was indicated and the car lost its power AGAIN. The garage consulted Peugeot AGAIN and Peugeot advised to change another part AGAIN. Having had many applications to Peugeot and Peugeot being incapable of solving them so far, I understood that this problem is related to a production failure, which Peugeot doesn't know how to solve and therefore applying the trial and error method. Doing some research I have come across owners in Turkey having the same problem and now also see similar claims on an international platform, which proves my doubt. Peugeot did not respond in a problem solving and good manner to my applications & claims, instead they tried to detain me with empty promisses until my warranty ran out (December 27, 2008.) Therefore I have now filed suit against Peugeot and looking forward to get rid of the car ASAP.

Nalan Kursun, February 17th 2009

16V GT 2dr

I bought my peugeot in Nov 08 and have been so far very impressed with it, its a very stylish little car and drives like a dream, I havn't had much chance of putting the roof down due to the time of year I purchased it, but have had it down a couple of times, can't wait for the better weather to come, it folds quickly and there is very little noise from the engine with roof down. recommend this car to anyone..

Linda Woollams, Kent, January 25th 2009

16V GT THP 150 3dr

Depollution System Fault - can anyone help? I have owned this car for 20 months, and love the car. It looks like a little car, but has great acceleration and leaves other cars standing on the roundabouts in Milton Keynes! I love the look of shock when they see an 'older' lady driver! However, it has recently started having a DEPOLLUTION SYSTEM FAULT. The loss of power is sudden, frightening, and dangerous. This fault has occured 4 times in the last month and Peugeot do not seem to be having much luck sorting it. Has anyone got any advice?

yvonne husbands, January 17th 2009

HDi 110 GT 3dr

I love the car and it drives ok, however I am lucky if I can get 38mpg. Which is unacceptable as I purchase the car on the bases on the official peugeot fuel figures which are 47.9, 59,& 69 mpg. What make me more frustrate is peugeot dealers are using excuses like ithe weather, road surface, oil temperature tyres the list goes on. The fact that I have new tyres and it has just been service make this answer even worse. Even on a motorway trip I am lucky if I get 47mpg. I beleive if they cannot get my car to get at least 50mpg around town and short journeys something is wrong. Peugeot dealers say the are ok and are un willing to resolve the situation. What about trading standards surely this is not right, if they state a fuel figure the car should be able to achive something liek the published figures. Can anyone advise me on what to do with my 2 year old car which is still under warranty. Thanks, Apart from that I like the car but I may have to sell it as I need have better fuel comsumption level.

DAVID REEED, CORNWALL, January 7th 2009

16V S 5dr [AC]

I know why people are having problems with their peugeot's. The reason is because as I drive around I see people thrashing their peugeot's and ten they complain on this website that it's so unreliable and you'd never touch one again, if you drove them sensibly then I would understand there was a problem. My uncle has had 4 peugeot's and had no trouble and I have had a few peugeot's with no trouble whatso ever.

martin kirk, manchester, January 2nd 2009

16V Sport 3dr

I have owned a 56 plate ex demo 1.6 sport for nearly 18 months now. There are 2 main arrears for concern. Firstly the fuel consumption - which I can only get a maximum of 34mpg despite my best efforts. The second, and most important, is the absolutely appalling build quality of the car. I've had many problems with the car, both minor and major, ranging from various trim rattles in the cabin, boot and the glass roof. As other readers have experienced, I have had the dreaded "depollution system error" warning light on the dash board and the lack of power that readily follows this. It has taken 5 trips to 2 different dealers to get this sorted out. The various "excuses" I was given for this were quite laughable - one being I need to keep the oil at full at all times! After having my car serviced for the first time at 19000 the car broke down the following day. After 2 weeks in the garage whilst the problem was being investigated, I have now received my car back after it's engine has been completely replaced under warranty! In short I would summarise the car as being very nice to drive (when working and with no rattles), reasonable fuel costs to run the vehicle and quite stylish to boot. However, I don't think I would ever buy another Peugeot again as, to be quite blunt, the car couldn't be more badly made if it was put together by blind chimps!

Colin Ward, Wirral, December 12th 2008

HDi 90 Sport 3dr

I had a few 207s as company cars and I would honestly say as long as you avoid the petrol engines they are great cars. I had a 1.4 petrol and it struggled perfprmance wise for the weight of the car but the 16. diesel engines in either 90 or 100 bhp form have greeat torque and will give you an average of 65mpg on motorway drives. I would reccomend the 207 sport hdi 90 great all rounder

c halliday, November 25th 2008

16V GT THP 150 3dr

I have had this car since April 2007, and for the last 18 months have been very happy with it, the car is fantastic to drive and definately value for money. Things are changing now. Two months ago I had to have a faulty passenger window motor replaced (i note this mentioned in a review above). The car has now started to show the "depollution system fault". This has been fixed once (faulty spark plugs) but within 24hrs the car was running really slow with a serious lack of power, only to be followed 24hrs later with the return of the "depollution system fault". As this is the first car I have ever purchased brand new I hope it is not the start of more serious problems as mentioned above.

Gareth Sumner, Lancashire, November 17th 2008

16V SE 5dr

Downsized to save money but its a nightmare...no power, electrics are dodgy and feels like your driving a hairdrier...car is just slow slow slow, even the window wipers have a 3 second delay when you press them...AVOID THIS CAR AT ALL COSTS

Paul Kelly, October 25th 2008

HDi 110 Sport 3dr

I bought this car in January 2008 because I was in an accident with my last car. This is my 4TH Peugeot and I have mainly stuck with the same manufacture due to basically having very little propers with the last. Well what can i say about the car ??. It looks very stylish and makes its mark on the road. Even before owning one they always catch my eye. The interior is also excellent, My friend recently bought a new Audi and to be honest there is not much different when it comes to interior quality. All the features needed come as pretty much a standard package. The styling inside basically looks modern but not over the top. On the road the car drives very well, ride is firm but road noise is kept to a minimum. Control are very easy to use with a very light clutch unlike previous Peugeots. Pedals are spaced well and the steering is excellent. Plenty of road feel and very light at parking speeds. The HDI engines themeselves are very good and well proven. I tried all engine from 1.4 HDI to the one i bought. The cars seems very popular with driving schools furthuring the point thats they are very easy to drive. Overall I am very satisfied with the car and would recommend to anyone. I do see the point is spending like Β£7K more on a car that basically takes the fun out of driving. Think Peugeot are onto a winner with this

Steve Robins, Lancs, October 9th 2008

16V GT THP 150 3dr

I have now had the car around 4 months and already have a problem with the ESP light staying on(new hydraulic brake block needed), the car losing most of its power, the depollution light coming on and a dodgy electric window. I hope these are just a few teething problems that will be sorted under warranty and not the start of many, as this really is a joy to drive when it's working properly. Come on Peugeot, I want the drive of my life to be a reliable one.

Dewi Williams, October 7th 2008

HDi 110 Sport 3dr

This car is fantastic, I have driven loads of cars in the past from BMWs to Mercs but this car is really special. It has the looks and the ability to out perform many a car. I have test driven the 1.4 S but found it to sluggish but when i drove my 110 HDi SPORT, i knew it had to be the one, what more could you ask for, 16 inch alloys, white sporty speed dials, air con, trip computer, cd player with steering mounted remote and with an average 60 mpg and Β£120 a year road tax. To bad Peugeot customer service cannot perform like the car can.

kevin tanna, October 6th 2008

16V SE 5dr

WARNING!!!!!!!!! I bought my car from new in April 2007 and on 4th September while I was driving down the M1 the dashboard caught alight. I pulled on to the hard shoulder and within minutes it was a ball of fire. I was lucky to get out in time. The car was completely gutted. I contacted Peugeot expecting them to at least take note that there was a fault and could be a danger to other owners but they were not interested. The dealer did at least try talking with them but with no success.

Robert Quayle, Wiltshre, September 18th 2008

16V GT 2dr

I've had this car now for 11 months and am very disappointed with it. Has been back and forth to the garage more times than I care to remember. Engine stalls - has done from the start and still stalls. Garage could find nothing wrong. Window seals leak. Have been replaced and now they are leaking again so the seat gets wet. Most infuriating is the rattle on the back end. Again this has been done once and now the rattle/noise has reappeared. Garage said it was obviously not the right thing that they corrected previously although the noise did stop for 6 weeks (well I'm saying garage said when really the service lady said this and she's getting distinctly annoying because she doesn't listen to what I say just makes the diagnosis for me). It's the first and the last Peugeot I ever buy. In fact should the rattle not be sorted in a weeks time when it goes back yet again to the garage the darn thing is being sold. I've had more than enough. It's a noisy hard ride. The car looks good especially with the roof down, but that's all I can say in its favour.

SUE WALTON, STAFFORDSHIRE, September 7th 2008

16V GT 2dr

I have had this car 3 wks, there is a constant whirring/whizzing noise, noticeable even with the windows closed. It is a nice smooth drive and elegant to look at. Mine is an 05 plate and is a pain when you want to put things in the boot, as you have to manually put the key in to unlock it (not good when you are laiden with shopping!)

Helen Almond, August 27th 2008

16V S 5dr [AC]

Bought a 1 year old '07 1.4 (90) S A/c model for my wife who is very pleased with it - paid Β£6750 at local Peugeot dealer due to severe depreciation in first year. Initial impressions are very good, solidly built, good ride, quite nippy engine (loses it a bit on motorway overtaking but very good around town). We tried a Suzuki Swift but preferred the 207, with its much bigger boot. I normally avoid French cars due to reliability and quality control issues but we hope this will prove cheap reliable motoring.

R Williams, Cheshire, August 22nd 2008