Peugeot 307 Coupe Cabriolet Owner reviews

SE 2dr

After always having Vauxhalls, I decided to go for the 54 plate 307cc (full service history) just in time for the summer months. This is by far the worst car I have ever owned and would never have a Peugeot again! It was fine for a while (despite ridiculous running costs due to the car being so heavy) but then came the electrical problems!! The airbag light is on constantly, a common problem with this model car and I later learned that the car needed a new comm 2000 unit - this was after I had taken the car to 2 separate testing specialists to try to get the problem resolved but finally it has had to go to the main dealer. Another issue that I have encounter is the roof (again I learned too late that this is a common problem) the boot raised, ready for the roof to fold back and just stayed stuck up in the air! It would not go up or down and brought an error message up to say there was a roof malfunction. I am seriously debating scrapping the car out of sheer frustration .... do yourself a favour, save your money and buy something else!!

Emma Oxley, August 13th 2013

Style 3dr

I bought this car in August 2009, spending Β£3500 on it, the mileage was just under 50 thousand and it is a 53 plate. I bought the car as a long term investment and planned not to have to replace it for at least 5 years. Unfortunately it has not worked out as planned and I am currently in the process of attempting to sell it, not even 2 years down the line. I've had so many problems including needing an entire new exhaust and a new wheel bearing at christmas which came to a neat Β£400. Recently I've been having problems with my gear box and my brakes are now on their way out too. I had to have work done on it for it to pass the MOT too. So all in all if I do get the work done it's going to cost about half of what the car is worth. It is quite expensive to run and is not very economical. It's a shame because I really do like this car, it looks modern and sleek and the interior is brilliant. The drive is comfortable, although the seating can sometimes cause me to ache after a long drive and there are some rattles when going around corners. Overall I won't be buying another peugeot anytime soon and it was definately a mistake to buy this one.

Nicola Williamson, March 13th 2011

TD HDi 110 Rapier 5dr [AC]

Review is really for 307 SW Quiksilver 2.0 HDi 136 Good Points: Panoramic Roof Loads of space Great engine, lots of grunt with 50 mpg economy Ride quality Bad Points: MASSIVE depreciation!!! Eats tyres (no more than 20k with front or rear!) Brake Disc wear and poor corrosion protection - Rear were changed after 3 months as defective, changed again for 1st MOT, THEN Peugeot dealer messed up routing of brake piped as almost wore through rubbing on shock absorbers. Questionable electrics - in cold weather airbags switch off and fuel gauge show full Brake servo had been replaced under warranty and showing same problem again (sounds like air escaping and brakes spongy) Locking wheels bolts made of soft metal so easily worn - needed these burning off Alloys wheels rusting Nearside door lock failed 2 weeks after warranty finished (despite the dealer having investigated the problem previously when door could not be unlocked) - would have cost OVER Β£400 to repair but goodwill warranty applied after I argued. RUST inside tailgate on a panel seam - tried just out of warranty to get this repaired - 7 year anti-corrosion warranty is only if rust eats completely through the panel so complete waste of time + Peugeot dealer wanted Β£300+ to repair it!!! NOT cars for long-term ownership so anyone buying 2nd hand had better GET A WARRANTY as dealer costs are expensive and you WILL have problems.

John Llewellyn, BEDFORDSHIRE, February 19th 2009

HDi SE 5dr

We bought the Peugeot 307 in September 2007, from the dealership in Hull. It was an ex demo car with 3000 miles on the clock. Initially I was impressed with the vehicle and there were no faults. Within a couple of months (8000 miles) the vehicle began to make an intermittent clattering/rubbing noise when idling. The noise became gradually worse and it was returned forthwith to the dealers. Dealer stated they could find nothing wrong with the car and returned it. Upon returning home the vehicle was again making the noises. It was returned to the dealership following a heated phone call to the service manager. The noise was claimed to be a radiator fan unit, replaced under warranty. Upon returning home the same noise was back, it was returned. The senior technician came to the vehicle and he knew fault was the dual mass flywheel and clutch assembly, replaced under warranty. Within 3 days my partner was driving the vehicle and it shut down. Vehicle recovered to a Teeside Peugeot dealer. Technicians discovered that the 2 linkage cables had severed following incorrect fitment. Again replaced under warranty. The Hull based dealership were useless, however the Stockton on tees dealership were very helpful.

James Ross, February 19th 2009

Sport 5dr

Peugeot 307 Sport, 16v 2.0L 140BHP I love this car! I have owned 2 peugeots prior to buying this speed demon. I think for me this car has been the antidote to my craze of changing cars too frequently. To date I have owned 6 cars this one is no 7 and is definitly a keeper! It has everything bar the kitchen sink : Ipod doc connection to the mid dash bard computer screen, 5 disc changer, mp3 changer. Automatic window wipers,automatic lights, Rear view mirror auto dimmer, heated and automatic fold in side mirrors. Traction control, 17inch alloys, full leather interior, lots of storage space. Sport speed dials, cruise control for those long motorway journeys, arm rests galore. Climate control. This thing only lacks heated seats, satalite navigation and the ability to travel through time, lol. I would love a porche one day but this thing is the closest to it that dosent cost a fortune to run, buy or insure once over the age of 25yrs. If you love luxuary, mod cons, and music coupled with speed, agility and fun packed thrill seekers fun then get one of these or buy it off me if you can;) I have noticed most cars on the roads today really struggle to keep up with it, only 20l+ engines have a chance. Not seen any other sport models out there yet either, plenty HDI's about though.

Jacqueline Kerr, January 21st 2009

XSi 5dr

I didnt think i would but i really like this car yes its had a few niggles but i do 20000 miles a year and i drive it hard 90% of the time. likes seats a very good and supportive and where well unlike a volvo i once had. ive had the car over 18 months and every things on the inside works just as well as the day i bought it.and the steros very good, i love the performance its not mind blowing but good for such a cheap and safety conchess car. dislikes and problems. well the first thing i dislike is the badge as i am a car snob some parts of the car feel cheep espicaly the front wings Ive only had two problems with the car other that the norm one was at night when it was sat on the drive and hadnt been used for about 2 hours it turned on its lights inside and out out and put the stero on as if was having a disco. i recharged the battery and its never happed since weird but quite amusing. The other fault was the abs,asr,traction control,and stubility control stopped working luckly it was on one of the rear abs sensors so a cheap fix.On the plus side it gave me about 15hp more which was fun. But did show that the stability control was worth it espically when gunning it on winedy roads.

James Wellings, gloucestershire, January 13th 2009

HDi 110 Rapier 3dr [AC]

where do i start. i had the 2.0 110bhp hdi rapier. it soon got the nicknakme of raper. put some new aqlloys on it and replaced all the filters. After 40,000 the cluth flywheel and gearbox failed with no warning. kind of ooked like when a formula 1 car breaks when it happened at 90 down the m42. they seem to of made most the parts out of cheese. selling it now i relly do feel sorry for who buys it. then again its nearly a new car with all the bits it had. sticks to the road like ** to a blanket. decided to buy a used land rover discovery the new shape. was more than worth it

Ashley Large, January 3rd 2009

HDi 110 D Turbo 5dr [AC]

There are many things I like about this car. It has a very high level of standard equipment and is very comfortable on a long run although the suspension does crash through pot holes. The engine gives good performance, does 50mpg and the car is cheap to tax. But I have come to the end of my tether and have just traded it in for a Honda which I hope will be more reliable. Problems include the dual mass flywheel braking up, electric windows and mirrors that have a mind of there own, front windscreen cracking from top to bottom, engine shield flapping about in the wind, worn suspension bushes, starter motor packing up and I have nether owned a car that goes through tyres so fast three sets in 40k. The final straw was the clutch starting to slip under acceleration. I know all cars can have problems but the 307 seems to have so many I would look elsewhere.

Philip Cordell, herts, November 29th 2008

Rapier 5dr [AC]

I owned this car, a 51 plate for 1 year and 2 weeks and it was no good! It seems to chew tyres, and the first MOT racked up 191.00 for me to pay. Things like CV Joint, Suspension Arm, blah blah, stuff I never heard of - all needing done. The driveshaft was very insecure and any time you turned a corner it rattled like hell. In January, at about 56,500 miles (if even) the clutch started whining, and therefore had went. I decided I wasn't bothering my shirt with this and ran it till the November on the same clutch - clocking up to 62,000 miles. I had to replace part of the exhaust system, after it fell off and replace the radiator after it started leaking in every corner. It also started leaking oil. Fuel economy is terrible, and build quality isn't that great either. My steering wheel for the mileage got badly worn, as did the drivers seat. The carpets are terribly fitted and all start falling away round the doorsill. I've lost money in owning this car, however, I like to think I have saved in the long term. It was due it's MOT this month and I got rid of it a day before it to a garage who are trying to sell it on. 300 notes was the estimate for repairs and the fee and I thought - forget that for a game of soldiers. Add that into Road Tax in January, Clutch Replacement, Service, Oil Leak Repair, Timing Belt, Service, and new MOT next November. Won't be in a rush to buy a Peugeot again!

Dean Barr, November 28th 2008

S 5dr

This was a company car i was given. I had the pleasure of the 307s 1.4 and to be honest and brutal it was awful. The engine was very under powered the gearbox was horrid. The car looked dated and it was not reliable.

c halliday, November 25th 2008

S 2dr

Just bought a 2004 307cc from a local dealer. Lovely looking car which my wife loved so it was bought there and then. She enjoyed the car until last week when a major safety issue occurred. When driving on a normal "B" road the seat belt pre-tensioner went off inside the car which tightened the seat belt around her and then the engine cut out. Fortunately this did not happen on the outside lane of a motorway. The AA towed her to a local Peugeot dealer who checked it over and said it would cost Β£2035.00 to fix. I said I would not pay as it was obviously a component fault as we did nothing to contribute to this incident. Peugeot were adamant they were not repairing the car - and haven't. Yes it is a nice car but before you buy or next time you take yours for a service please ask about this pre-tensioner fault as I wouldn't like this to happen to you. Also this is a little taster of the disgraceful after sales service so beware. Other faults were the drivers door sensor had to be replaced, the steering is heavy and the switches for the windows and roof are too close together. I would suggest you look elsewhere before buying a 307cc.

Ian Murtha, dURHAM, November 21st 2008

HDi 90 S 5dr

I only looked at these reviews as my lease is up for renewal and could not believe the number of similiar faults I have suffered with fellow reviewers. Overall I was very pleased when I took delivery of my SW but have encounterd various faults which dealer insist are not "common" to this model .My most irritating fault was that, unbeknown to me,my front passenger door would not lock centrally,which I was unaware off leaving the car open at night.This resulted in a theft and having the police tell me that I must have forgotten to lock the vehicle thus nulling a claim for loss of possessions.My wife discovered the problem some months later and on reporting this to dealer they denied it was a known fault.So far i have had warped front discs reskimmed,the steering wheel replaced,repeated problems with electric windows,intermittent electrical equipment malfunctions,sun roof jamming. The dealer service is very poor and usually disinterested at best.The only saving grace is the great PSA 1.6HDi engine unit which has been faultless,returning easily 52mpg on average and is well powered for all eventualities including a holiday with 6 persons and a full roofbox down to the continent with only a slight increase in fuel. I was considering upping to the new 308 Sw but after reading previous reviews and Scrooge like levels of spec compared to it's predecessor, is now crossed of my list.

stewart nelson, November 4th 2008

Sport 2dr

having owned the megane cc for 12 months and having nothing but trouble with leaks from the folding roof, i decided to trade it in for the 307cc. the car is faultless the windows fit tight under the roof then drop slightly once you open the doors. the car looks good roof up or down, inside the car two adults can fit in the back with good leg room,its my wifes car and she loves the car not much motor way driving so cant comment on fuel costs, but overal i would fully recomend the 307cc to anyone thinking of owning one.stay away from the megane cc!!!!!!!!!

anyhony press, October 29th 2008

Style 5dr

I own this car (307 Hatchback - T6 - 2006). I buy it as a second hand ( 11 months old and 19K on bord ) car from Hertz and for me is a good car. It is very well equiped and very quiet . On a good road is running well but on the poor roads it has a little bit hard suspensions , especially thar rear one . Problems - Left retractable electric mirror has failed in the first week . -electric contactor from brake pedal fail and thats all ...fails . Overall I'm satisfied especially about the steering wich is very responsive and the gadgets included (rain sensors , automated light ,cruise control , 5 CD mag. , alloy wheels , etc... I have only 20000km running with it and I hope that I will not be disappointed like others reviewers ...

Robert Savulescu, October 20th 2008

TD HDi Style 5dr

I've had this car for over 18 months now and had a few ups and downs with it. Ups - I average 55mpg with this car. - Loads of space and very practical. - Easy to drive and park when you get used to the size of it. - Can be fun to drive as well! Driven the hatchback version before and I have to say this drives better! Downs (and many of them) - I've had the cataylic converter break into small pieces clogging up my exaust pipe, which rendered it useless and couldnt drive it more than 30 mph. Before I knew this I called RAC thinking it was in Limp home mode for some reason and when he plug in his computer to my car he couldn't communicate with it at all! he couldn't get one reading! After that he suggested I got to the garage where they could find the problem. After limping to the garage they said it would cost me Β£80 just to look at it! Then when they found out the problem it was going to cost me over Β£500 to fix! the car had only done 40K miles! - Had the steering stop working for a moment at high speed! - Had leaks from the tank when filling up! - Just been informed that 4 of 5 recalls had been carried out on my car where the missing one is a possible fault with the ABS! - Theres a knock at one side of the car when you drive over pumps when its wet! If anything fails in this car it makes it impossible to drive. If you are going to buy a Peugeot, make sure its something else!

Shane O'Regan, Yorkshire, October 13th 2008

S 2dr

The car is a 53 plate in silver with only 28k miles and just serviced by Peugeot in july at 26.5k miles.I have only just bought this car and wanted a steel roofed cab as I have owned a Megane and a 200 Rover cab in the past.This will only be used as a second car so the miles will remain low.Since buying I have done around 600 miles both motorway and A roads and found it very pleasing.Everything works s it should and the suppling dealer ( not Peugeot)even fixed me up at his expence with a second key, the car was supplied with only one.I am looking forward to many happy miles.

Kenn Bertram, Tyne & Wear., October 9th 2008

Sport 2dr

I'm on my second 307CC 2.0 man 140bhp - my first I had from 2004 for 2.5 years & this one I've had for ~2 years & 18K miles so far.(I also owned the 2.0L 306 Cabriolet for 6 years prior). Compared to the 306 rag-top the 307CC is: - more refined - barely any wind noise with the roof up. Top down and windows up normal conversation is feasible at 70mph. - a better sense of cabin space,well laid out & a full complement of toys (incl.colour satnav,cruise control,phone,5-CD etc.)for ~Β£3K more than the base model is sensibly realistic and very useful. - offers far greater security with the steel roof as well as safety with ABS,ESP,airbags & pop-up rollbars etc - more reliable in terms of faults - but still has some. - accelerates less rapidly than its predecessor (down to its obvious increased weight) yet pulls strongly & uniformly to high speeds from 30mph even in 5th gear. - the 307CC's handling is good though less accurate than the 306 which possessed a remarkably precise feedback from the front tyres through the steering. - fuel economy has never been great ~ 24-27mpg. Overall it's a great all year round affordable stylish cruiser. It's good to drive and passengers like it. I have a Britax Evolve 123 child seat snugly fitted in one of the rear seats. I wholeheartedly reccomend this car.The back seat can be a bit tight for long journeys but hey-ho - its not made to be a coach.

Brian Plainer, West Yorkshire, October 4th 2008

HDi 110 S 5dr

There are some things about this car that I like but these are far outweighed by those that I don't. The equipment level is good and the handling, although no ford focus, is fair. However the ride is firm and crashes over potholes and the reliability is very very poor. The list of problems includes faulty electric windows which have been "fixed" by Peugeot many many times. The clutch and flywheel have both been replaced at about 36,000 miles. The brake discs and pads are constantly being replaced. A plastic tray underneath the car flaps about and you can hear it constantly as you are driving. There are clonks and rattles from the rear suspension and the steering, the indicators like to turn themselves on in the opposite direction when you cancel them, all the interior trim seems to squeak and rattle. It was broken into quite easily whilst alledgedly deadlocked. There are too many faults overall to list them all but you get the picture. All of the above would be made slightly more bearable, were the dealers able to find the problems and fix them in a reasonable period of time, I would suggest they employ trained chimps, they would do a better job. It will be three years old next April and will have done nearly 100,000 miles if it makes it that far. It will be replaced by a ford focus. I would not recommend a Peugeot 307 to anyone!

Richard Watkins, Leicestershire, October 1st 2008

S 5dr

307 1.4s 16V - 53 Well, this car was fine till this week. It has been a good town car, comfy to drive apart from the high pedal position. However over the last year we have been doing longer trips which seem to have taken there toll on the car. Today it went for its yearly full service and MOT at a nationwide auto centre and it needs countless things repairing: New springs, New cam belt, Front pads, front discs. total of about Β£700. Oh and last week the exhaust fell off while my wife and daughter were on the motorway costing Β£280 to replace. So we have spent Β£1000 (a third of the value) this month. It is only 5 years old and has under 50,000 on the clock. My advise would be to steer well clear of these cars! How can a well looked after, 5 year old car require Β£1000 worth of work??! Never again will we purchase a Peugeot.

Tim Gurney, beds, September 23rd 2008

S HDi 90 [AC] 3dr

Ive now owned my 307 for 12 months. Its on a 54- plate so just before the revised front end. It has been a brilliant car in everyway. Ive covered just over 40,000 miles with little or no problems. The only cost has been to service and replace the usual tyres and brake pads. From some of the reviews on here there are rather a few lemon 307s about. I can asure you it really hasent had a easy time whilst its been in my ownership. It gets hammered up and down the motorway and thrashed down country lanes and still keeps going. I paid Β£7500 for it and it had 31,000 miles on the clock with 2 previous owners. All i can reccommend is never get any problems fixed at the main dealers as all they ever want to do is take the p**s and you never get treated well at all. You are always best heading to an independant garage if the item which has failed isnt covered under warrenty. I plan to keep this current 307 for another year maybe longer and then leave the peaugeot scene all together and head back onto the skodas which do have a top quality build and excellent reliability as it`s under the VW group.

Phil Jackson, Lancashire, September 23rd 2008