16V Dynamique 3dr

It's a great car. Previously had a mini one, the interior quality is on par with the mini, and standard kit is very generous. The plastics are hard but you have to bare that in mind when you remember the price. Its very reliable and great in the snow also. Its actually really good handling and fun to drive, which is why i dont understand the review. Its really fun to bomb around on a backroad/b road, you really can go round corners really fast. Theres only little body lean and the 0-60 time is adequate, much faster than the clio or a corsa. Only major criticism is the revs at motorway cruising speed, at 70mph the engine revs at 3500 RPM and at 80 it's 4,000 which doesnt help on fuel economy or noise in the cabin! The back seats are fab and very versatile, moved house with my little twingo and it allowed me to pack loads into the flat load area. Looks good, Drives well and great value for money! Love my little Twingo!

Matthew Hirst, September 5th 2013

16V Dynamique 3dr

I was looking for a small city vehicle. The Twingo made it to my shortlist, with the Volkswagen Up and the Fiat Panda. I test drove all three. The Fiat Panda was the best, although I didn’t really like the β€˜vannie’ look to it. The Up was very bland on styling and the three cylinder engine certainly made itself vocal. The new Twingo was better styled, a little quieter than the Up, and still good versatile seat/boot space available. Ended up between the Panda and Twingo. The Twingo won on easy parking and 90% of the time, only two of us in it, so didn’t really need four doors. Twingo ; great for city use, economical on fuel ,versatile on boot space.

Kevin Bates, Leicestershire, August 13th 2013

Extreme 3dr

I am driving this car after trading it with my husband for my Megane estate as at 6 foot he cannot drive it comfotably, even with seat pushed all the way back. I have never gelled with this car and think it is very gutless even with the 1.2 engine. The finish of the car is nice inside and it looks good with the front fog lamps but the drive of the car really lets it down. The running costs are ok although I expected the tax to be lower than the Β£90 a year it costs which is the same as my 1.5 Megane Diesel. I have also noticed that the wipers are back to front as it is meant to be a left hand drive car. I previously owned a peugeot 107 which knocked the socks off the Twingo performance wise and am currently in the process of trading it in for a toyota Aygo Go! as the performance is much better. Overall its not a bad car but not a great one either.

Lindsay Harrison, West Midlands, July 10th 2011

TCE GT 3dr

Bought New in October 08, Initial impressions were very good, Rear sliding Seats are an excellent idea, front seat height adjustment is just what I wanted. performance is good, economy is good. I now find that the dashboard reflection in the windscreen is unacceptable and could be very dangerous. I cannot get used to the view. Does anyone else have the same problem.

Chris Louden, ESSEX, January 13th 2009

TCE GT 3dr

Currently driving the (very) nippy 1.2 GT and impressed with it overall. Interior quality/feel of dash is probably this little car's downfall as it is quite disappointing - although to be honest almost expected on a car in this price range! Car is excellent fun to drive with power available across all gears no matter what the revs. I've been surprised by the practicality of the Twingo with the sliding rear seats a stroke of genius, I've had them slid forward and tilted up for load lugging and slid right back to easily accomodate an adult and a baby seat!

Barry Nicoll, Middlesex, July 31st 2008

16V Dynamique 3dr

I was searching to know if there was a reported problom with the accelerator on the new twingo 2008 as my daughter was nearly killed by the pedal getting stuck down I drove the car after and it also happened to me Renault can not find what is wrong with it Thank you

Edmund Rea, Cork, May 8th 2008

TCE GT 3dr

Although this car has great character and can easily keep up with other 1.4's i have sadly been disappointed with the car from day one! The equipment in the car is great, and could not fault it there! But the realibility is not good! I've had my car two months, and in the past two months it has broken down twice. The first day i went to pick the car up it had faults with the fuse's, causing my heating system not to work. My second fault was the other day! the engine light has already come on, took to the dealership to find 3 faults on the car already.....suspension and two mis-fires! I would not recommend this car to anyone, i have now given the car back to the dealership and ordered a megane instead!!!!

Holly Gore, February 3rd 2008

TCE GT 3dr

First impression is Funky and stylish head turner! Soon we were on the dual carriage-way, the power it kicks out is amazing for a 1.2, It would give the Corsa VXR or 1.8 SRi a run for it's money, it gets to grips up with speed well and just keeps going whilst sticking to to the road with no loss of grip from the front or back end. 0-60 in just 9 seconds was impressive. can be a little noisy when idling due to lack of sound insulation to reduce weight of the Twingo and it makes a difference as the Clio 1.2 TCE has all the extra weight and it pays the price on hard acceleration. Styling on the interior was good and attention to detail has gone into the Twingo. chic design tachometer and the idea of the rev counter on the steering column is a good afterthought! seats are comfy and space and practicality was clearly a plus side with this car, not something you would expect from such a small car. The Twingo does take a willing thrashing though, No need to keep changing up and down the gears, one thing i did not expect was the lower revs torque, Uphill in 4th at 35mph was brilliant. Overtook all in its path. With this cars brilliant performance, chic quality styling and afterthoughts overall this is surely a great car for the younger market or a sporty little second car and the price tag for a standard equipment model is very good and plan it on being my next car!!! Smart, Chic and Versatile!

Jamal Thornton, Hampshire, January 9th 2008

TCE GT 3dr

I've got one of these as a courtesy car for the week whilst my Clio DCi is being repaired, and I must say I am pretty impressed! I really like small French and Italian cars, and I especially liked the original Twingo which was never sold here too, but this one looks far more contemporary and in silver it looks especially good! Although it is a bit noisy when pushed on the dual carriageway or fast A roads, it does pull really well and feels like there is plenty of power even though it is a 1.2l (I thought this GT was a 1.4l!) and it is amazingly responsive - it's like small sporty Renaults of years gone by in that respect. The only thing i'm not keen on is the central digital speedo - and I may be wrong on this but where is the water temperature gauge? Other than that though I am really enjoying this while I have it - I've just taken it out now, for the hell of it, and it's a long time since I've done that in a car! Definitely recommended, though I would need one for longer if I were to give a better picture of living with it....

Scott Newson, West Sussex, November 23rd 2007

TCE GT 3dr

I've never owned a Renault before, but that changed as soon as I saw he new Twingo on holiday in France earlier this year. I picked up my Twingo GT a week ago now and am more than pleased with my purchase. The turbocharged 1.2 engine is more than enough power given the car weighs less than a tonne, and provides plenty of punch in all five gears. The silver wing mirrors, fog lamps and spoiler all contribute to a sporty look, I've had a few compliments on the car's good looks already. The GT version is well equipped, with air con, electric heated wing mirrors and automatic wipers and lights as standard. There's plenty of room inside with sliding rear seats, and the cental digital display looks good and is easy to read. The Twingo GT is the best small car I've driven, and would recommend it without a doubt.

Brian Smith, North Lanarkshire, November 10th 2007