TDI SE 5dr

I bought this car in Feb 2013 as a replacement for a stolen BMW 3 Series. I drive over 20k/year and most cars I've owned have grown on me, getting better with every mile. This one however gets worse. Plus points are its huge inside. The boot is bigger than a Mondeo and there's plenty of room for all the family and their belongings. Economy is great too. At 60+mpg, but that's on the motorway and, with diesel prices at their lowest for a few years it's proving cheap to run. Tax is only Β£30 too. Comes with cruise, climate and Bluetooth. Minus points. One of the rear passenger doors fills up with water. I've read it elsewhere so not unique to my car. The rubber seal covers the drain holes so it needs to be moved aside whilst you wait for a it to drain out. Annoying. The glove box light has stopped working, and it's not the bulb. The rear fog light has stopped working and it's not the bulb. The rear washer jet doesn't spray and no, the reservoir isn't empty! The cabin rattles, the ride is hard, the interior plastics are so hard they scratch if you wipe them with a damp cloth! The maxi dot displays the speed in km/h, the tyre pressure chart is in bar, not psi. The bonnet release is on the passenger side and you can't access it without first opening the door! Summary - loads of room, cheap to own (and I rather think it needs to be), economical, well equipped, but such low quality and many build issues. I'll update once it's been in for the next service.

Phil Roberts, January 8th 2015

TDI Ecomotive SE Nav 5dr

I BOUGHT THIS CAR BRAND NEW IN MARCH LAST YEAR AND HAS BEEN THE BEST CAR I HAVE HAD,THE NEW SEAT TOLEDO (1.6 TDI 105BHP) IS STYLISH AND GOOD LOOKING.THE INTERIOR OF THE THE VEHICLE IS GOOD AND THE SPACE IS UNBELIEVABLE FRONT AND REAR LEG ROOM ESPECIALLY, I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR AS IT IS ALL VW AUDI RUNNING GEAR. THE DRIVE OF THE VEHICLE IS GREAT WITH ELECTRIC STEERING IT IS VERY EASY TO DRIVE ROUND TOWN AND ON MOTORWAYS,ITS BOOT IS LARGER THAN THE UPTO DATE FORD MONDEO 550 LITRES WITH SEATS IN UPRIGHT POSSITION. I BOUGHT THIS AS I AM A TAXI DRIVER AND I DO A LOT OF MILES AND I BELIEVE THEY WERE GOOD ON DIESEL BUT HERE IS THE ACTUAL MPG I AM GETTING AROUND TOWN 56.5MPG LONG JOURNEY 80.4MPG COMBINED TOWN AND MOTORWAY 60MPG THESE FIGURES ARE TRUE MPG WHAT I AM GETTING

marcus campbell, cheshire, August 2nd 2014

TDI Ecomotive SE 5dr

marcus campbell, cheshire, August 2nd 2014

TSI SE 5dr

I bought this car on 29-Apr-2014 and have done about 2750 miles at the time of writing this review. The main drivers for buying this car were the NCAP 5-Star Safety Rating, low maintenance (good fuel economy, insurance, road tax, servicing cost), "full loaded" (Sat Nav with Traffic, Multi Media system, cruise control, climate control, Start-Stop, Isofix, 16" alloys with Low Rolling Resistance Tyres). The interiors are very well designed and easy to use. The dual colour interiors with beige panels have a nice cosmetic feel. The storage is very practical and well placed and very useful. I'm very impressed by Sat Nav which has saved me 2 hours in the first 14 days of use and is very easy to use and is very quick to respond and recalculate. The speedo display is in increments of 10mph, is easy to read, well placed and "Maxidot" display which even shows navigation info. The car is very quiet and very composed at motorway speeds. The boot is amazingly large and is very practical to use with the necessary additional storage compartments, storage nets and compartments under the floor. There small issues - the additional Fuel Cap Lock which needs the key to open (in addition to the central locking) and the Tyre Pressure information label in kPa and Bar (rather than psi) and Isofix points within the seat fabric. The ride in town is on the hard side but is not uncomfortable; however this is easily forgiven when compared to how much car and functionality the Toledo offers for the price!

Ranjit Shenoy, June 5th 2014

TDi Sport Special Edition 5dr

Bought as an ex demonstrator with 3k on the clock. This car has so many gadjets on it (which are very useful) I am amazed for the price. No rattles, shakes or squeeks it reminds me of my old Merc's. Very clever design details (wipers) though it is quite Germanic rather than Spanish inside. Not as much space inside as my partners Mk2 Scenic but then nothing plastic has broken either! Suspension for me is too hard as I thought I might get used to it but perhaps it's an age thing on my part. Fuel consumption is not as expected (around 38.6 average) in spite of the book suggesting 46mpg and I don't drive faster than some. Overall I would definately recommend to own if you can stand a firm ride.

colin cheesman, January 6th 2009

TDi Stylance 5dr

i have had my 2005 toledo 1.9td stylance for around 3 weeks now and impressed drives very smooth and pulls very well. the only small gripe i have is with the fuel consumption 47/48mpg avarage which i find little high i have spoken to my local seat dealer who assures me this is normal and to turn the climate off and use only when required and what a difference is makes now getting 50+ mpg easy so advise to any toledo/altea owners with climate TURN IT OFF unless needed ...you will notice the difference the engine little noisy compared to my citroen c4 diesel but otherwise very impressed all round .....

mark frost, suffolk, August 6th 2008

TDi Stylance 5dr

We have had our Toledo for three weeks and are mightily impressed with it. Even our two-year old son loves it! We bought a 2005/05 1.9TDI Stylance after trading up from a previous-generation petrol model. We have covered over a thousand miles already and can’t really fault the car. It is comfortable, spacious, the 1.9TDI engine offers good performance and the Stylance model is well equipped. We opted for a diesel model as we cover over 15,000 miles a year, and so far it has returned an average of 47mpg (maybe not as high as we had hoped, but still better than our petrol one). Like other reviews on here, we can't understand why the Toledo is not rated higher. We considered an Altea, but plumped for another Toledo due to the bigger boot. We can't understand why it is rated so low compared to the Altea. We would definitely recommend this car to anyone considering buying one.

Warren Cumberland, Hampshire, August 21st 2007

FSi Sport 5dr

I choose this car after owning a Honda accord. I wanted a 2.0l automatic that had adjustable height seats to get my elderly mother in and out of easily and a large boot to put all the stuff that two daughters need to be lug round whilst a university.I looked at various MPVs but they were either too big or didn't have the adjustable passenger seat and you had to step up into them...something my 86year old mother would not manage. So I looked at the Toledo and liked what I saw. It ticks all the boxes for spaciousness and versatility without being a huge car........... The interior is well laid out, roomy and comfortable for 4 adults and a very small child in the middle of the back seat! There is a bit of noise compared to the honda but I've got used to that.......so what lets it down? The only real thing that I am a little unhappy about is the fuel consumption. It is a little on the high side...I'm getting around 340 miles to a full tank costing around Β£50 (95p/Litre). The honda also 2l auto petrol gave me about another 80 miles to a tank at that price All in all however I am really pleased as it has ticked all the boxes. I love the drivers seat, it is really comfortable and I love the practicality of having the huge boot. Like many others I also don't understand why the toledo scores lower in reviews than the altea....give me the extra space anytime!

Rosemary Osman, June 29th 2007

8V Stylance 5dr

I'm driving this car since one year now. Overall, the handling is very good. The car is silent on good quality roads, however, once you start driving on lower quality roads, the road noise is really annoying and you need to speak louder to communicate with other people in the car. The plastic quality is below average and there are noises all around on bumpy roads. The engine is far from quite for all revs. If you are outside the car, the exhaust noise is strange, but the dealer claims this to be normal, which I should let checked somewhere other than SEAT service I guess.

Koray Arikan, June 26th 2007

TDi Stylance 5dr

I'm now at 50k miles, and unfortunately the latest review is a mixed bag. The car is great to drive, but mpg has remained at about 44mpg. It is going back to the garage for the fifth (yes 5th) lot of warranty work this week. The initial rattle wasn't fixed in 5 visits to the dealer (I found a loose wiring bundle eventually, fixed it with bubble wrap); it then had the passenger airbag replaced following a dashboard warning light; it then had a valve in the emissions system replaced following another warning light; I then had to get the AA out after it blew a turbo hose (replaced at the dealer when I got back); and it is now having the turbo itself replaced.

Andrew Dalgleish, May 9th 2007

8V Reference 5dr

I owned the 1.6 petrol for 7 months from new & had to get rid because I only averaged 25mpg,sometimes less.Lots of blindspots & reversing impossible without parking sensors.Bought car cos of big boot wish I hadn`t bothered.

steven holland, durham, April 21st 2007

TDi Stylance 5dr

I bought this car from new without any reference to magazine reviews. I had been interested in the Altea, but my wife preferred the Toledo due to the size of the boot. The ride position is very good - it feels like an MPV without the feeling that you are driving a mini-bus (a feeling I got in many of the bigger MPVs I test-drove!). I do not know how What Car? could give the Altea a four-star rating and the Toledo only a two-star rating, simply because the Toledo has a more spacious boot. Work that one out! I have been very pleased with the car, although it did blow a turbo at 21,000 miles. However, the garage assured me that this was a first, so we shall wait and see.

Sam Cuddy, Tyrone, March 1st 2007

TDi Sport 5dr

I bought the Special Edition 2.0TDi in Black Magic in January. It was an alternative to the Golf and A3 and I didn't need a four-ringed badge. It came with automatic xenon lights, parking sensors, bluetooth, dual-zone climate control, fpur electric mindows, 18-inch polished BBS alloys, rain sensing wipers and leather upholstery. At Β£18k it was more than a match for the competition. It drives really well, has loads of grunt and a massive boot, though the rear looks reflect this. I have covered about 1500 miles, mostly around town, averaging about 38mpg. It seems a little low, but I need to get it out onto the motorway to really tell what it'll do. A headlight-washer cover has just fallen off, so now I can see how Seat deal with this. Otherwise I'm really pleased.

Alex Howell, Suffolk, February 22nd 2007

TDi Stylance 5dr

We test drove so many small and medium MPVs it became quite difficult to keep track of which ones we liked - and which we didn't - so my wife made one of her lists ! We had to change from our Toyota Carina because she is now disabled and found it very difficult to get out of, so we needed something higher and she needed a comfortable, adjustable passenger seat. It was this last point that narrowed our search. It's amazing how many manufacturers don't think it necessary to provide proper adjustability in the passenger seat - even on cars where the drivers' seat does everything except make a cup of tea. The SEAT fits the bill beautifully with really comfortable seats that can be fully adjusted to give all the support, height and position you could possably expect from a car in this price range. I'm over 6 foot tall with long legs - which makes getting into a Citreon entertaining - but the SEAT presents no problems at all. My wife is shorter but with her restricted mobility found some MPVs quite a challenge, but the SEAT suited her very well. The overall ride is very good but it's a pity SEAT don't give the option of standard tyres rather than the firmer low profile ones. A smaller wheel and fatter tyre would make the ride even more comfortable ! Not every driver (and passenger) puts road holding top of their list of requirements or wants to drive like a rally driver.

Roy Flitcroft, Cheshire, January 22nd 2007

TDi Stylance 5dr

We were lucky enough to stumble across a 55 plate Toledo 1.9tdi Stylance, with rear parking sensors, full size spare, in platinum grey metallic, with 18000 on the clock for Β£9000. Needless to say we snapped it up, and what a fantastic find. The handling is superb on winding country roads, superb at high speeds on the motorway, mid range acceleration is very good for overtaking etc. It is a comfortable ride (but quite firm) easy to find a comfortable driving position. Parking sensors are a big bonus as visibility is quite poor when reversing, but no worse than my old Fiesta. The legroom in the back is fantastic, we have had three booster seats in the back, it was tight but they were all fastened in safely. The Stylance spec is pretty good, loads of toys. The Toledo has a massive 500 litre boot (roof box for sale), enough for any small family. Averaging 50mpg at the minute but mostly town driving which is good. The only bad point we have found is the reversing light, it lights nothing up apart from the bulb. Fantastic car, nice to drive, powerful when required, good spec compare to other more expensive makes), massive boot, and haven't seen another Toledo on the road. Value for money in my eyes and a little bit different.

Mark Irving, West Yorkshire, January 19th 2007

TDi Stylance 5dr

I have had several Seat's in a row, this one being the first with the 2.0tdi engine, which is astonishingly good.I have covered in excess of 30k miles in this car, its good at what it sets out to do, as in lug loads around, but not very exciting to drive! Negative points being rear visibility coupled with a reversing light which i am assured does actually come on but is of no benefit to the driver.....a joke. Parking sensors would be a definite addition, sadly lacking on my model. However one major gripe is with Seat..not sure if its the Irish importer or Spanish HQ, but they reduced the cost of the car here and then withdrew the 2.0tdi model thereby applying massive depreciation to my car!

Dermot Healy, Co Mayo, January 12th 2007

TDi Sport 5dr

After running with your typical 2.0 family hatch till now, I felt it time for a change. I didn't need the multi seats of an MPV so the Toledo 2.0TDI was a rather refreshing car to go for. I have the 2006 model with the revised rear end. (dark lights and chrome strip) which really finishes it off nicely. Together with 17 inch alloys, parking sensors, bluetooth and a spare wheel! With 3000 miles now passed it really is fun to drive especially along bendy country roads. Handling is suprisingly good together with that 140BHP engine, It puts a smile on my face when overtaking. It really can fly once in 3rd gear or higher. Interior is roomy and the seats are firm but perfectly OK on long journeys. no complaints from the family. Ride is firm but not a problem. Just make sure tyre pressures are correct. Instrumentation is nice and clear and the bluetooth option is a must even if you don't wish to use with a phone since it has a clear graphical display of any doors being left open plus an MP3 CD player. I love the red illumination at night. The car has great styling and is very unique to look at. You won't lose it in a car park. Visibilty for me is fine but it's a good idea to go for reat parking sensor option as with most cars these days. My only gripe with Seat is that you have to order a spare wheel with UK models which seems crazy too me.

david benstead, herts, May 11th 2006

TDi Stylance 5dr

Overall this car is excellent with only a couple of niggles. The drive is great, there is plenty of room around your head and the seat height is of mini MPV style. The diesel gives as much poke as you need when overtaking and I still return around 50mpg overall. The spec on the Stylance is excellent but due to the big blind spots parking sensors are a must that I unfortunately don't have. The Bluetooth/MP3 upgrade is cheap and well worth it. The wind noise around the mirrors is irritating at motorway speeds but according to my local SEAT dealer SEAT are now aware of this so new cars should have this problem resolved. The middle seat in the back is non existent and that is my only real problem. It is not big enough to fit either an adult in comfortably or a child booster seat. If this car is to take business from the Picasso's and Scenic's etc, which it deserves to, it needs to put in 3 proper seats in the back. If it had that then it would be getting mighty close to that 5th star.

Neil Woods, Northumberland, April 12th 2006

8V Reference 5dr

Like the other reader reviews here, I am somewhat confused by the official reviews this car has got, particulary when compared to the near identical Altea which is widely praised (we test drove both and went for the Toledo for the bigger boot). We looked at all the mid-size MPVs on the market and found this one to offer the best space/drive/price compromise. True, the looks don't work form all angles, but it is certainly better than the others we looked at. Another point is that this car is criticised for a lack of flexibility with the seating/storage arrangements. If however, you don't need 7 seats and just want to ferry a small family plus luggage around then this will be more than adequate. The space in the back is great and there are many cubby holes all around the interior. The hidden boot compartment is great, as is the simple way the seats fold to give a flat load bay - great for Ikea trips. We found some of the 7 seaters overcomplicated (Mazda 5 especially) and the need to remove seats from others a pain. The interior is nice and seems to be well put together. It is certainly as good as the Toyota Verso (our number 2 choice) and the ugly VW Touran. We chose the base model on the back of an extremely good deal and px price coming in Β£600 less than the What Car deal calculator. In truth it may be worth going for the better spec of the Stylance and the diesel engine if you are doing a fair amount of miles.

Chris Potter, N Lincs, March 2nd 2006

TDi Reference 5dr

I've just finished a long search for a family car with some go - but affordable. I found this faster than the 2.0 Citroen, much more comfortable than the new Scenic (which was really disappointing!) and fairly pratical. I bought a 54 with 6,000 miles for Β£12,000. It does have a blind spot when reversing direclty back (headrest in the way so you don't see the left part of the rear) but I solved this with a parking sensor. Other than that no blindspots. I found the drive more comfortable and better than a Zafira. I also tested an Espace, Mondeo, Corolla Verso. This car seemed to also have the best headroom for rear passengers. Finally I ended up not wanting more than 5 seats as I think we'd become the village bus! For me, this was a good buy - to top it off it has good specs (finally a car with a standard mp3 cd player!) and I'm surpised it is not mentioned here that this is basically a VW touran with a funny back end! If you are like me and tall (6'6" or 2m) then start your search here. I've got 2 kids and wife and this is my second car. oops, almost forgot - another benefit is the higher seat than a sedan/saloon offers, this makes it easier for us tall people to get out of the car.

m johnson, July 14th 2005