• Average MPG mpg

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem.

TSI Elegance 5dr

I previously had a VW Golf but the boot was too small for my needs. After much research I decided on this version due to very good reviews, zero interest rate, huge boot, quality interior which I think is as good as the golf (it has golf components too!). Although I have only completed 5700 miles in 9 months, this did include two long journeys. I have been very impressed by the zippy performance, quiet engine, super-slick automatic, comfort, style and the very smart Race Blue metallic paint which has drawn lots of compliments . I am very pleased with my choice and would recommend the car unconditionally.

Kenneth Rust, Cambridgeshire, January 29th 2015

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

I bought this as a replacement for my Superb 2.0 Elegance and have to say it's a much poorer car in many ways. I expected a similar sort of performance (smaller car, smaller engine) but the 1.6 diesel is gutless and lack torque throughout the rev-range. It's also quite rattly at low speed. One of the most serous problems is the suspension which rattles and crashes over even the most minor road imperfections. One of the roads I drive on regularly is a concrete motorway with a lot of surface repairs. The ride on this is one of the worst, and noisiest, of any recent car I've driven. I drove a van on this road the other day and it was more comfortable than my car. The other main gripe I have with the car is the media/SatNav system. The interface is truly awful in so many ways it would take an age lifetime to describe. Options are scattered all around the system, some parts just plain don't work properly or make any sense, the SatNav POIs are hopelessly inaccurate and the whole thing is just a big bag of frustration. Also, why VAG persist with their ridiculous plugs for media devices is beyond me. Everybody else managed fine with USB, and it works just fine. Instead, we get a baffling array of expensive cables that add no value whatsoever. On the plus side, the build quality, inside and out, is excellent. The seats are comfortable; I recently drove 500 miles non-stop with our any discomfort, and that probably indicates that the fuel consumption is pretty good too (51mpg avg)

Ewen Bruce, January 8th 2015

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

I bought this car only 6 weeks ago & have done 1000 miles, having owned the previous model, which was an excellent car, I thought I can' go wrong with the new model. I do realise that I have only done 1000 miles and cars are not tested for fuel economy until they have done 1800 miles, however I thought that even now I should be achieving better figures than I am currently getting, I struggle to get 48mpg, nowhere near the claimed figure of 74mpg, I am a steady driver and don't have a heavy right foot. I feel the official figures are not representative of the actual figures. I would be very interested to hear from other new Skoda owners.

Rob Hodgson, Cleveland, December 11th 2014

TDI CR SE 5dr

Good points - Fit finish excellent. Sat Nav (8 inch columbus) is very good. Seats upfront very comfortable. Lots of thoughtful touches corning fog lights,boots hook,parcel shelf can be slid behind seats.....the list goes on. Quick and response engine and quiet. But it is not all good. Bad points , Rear space for 3 passengers is cramped due to limited width and height of transmission tunnel. I have 2 teenagers and one child seat we struggle !!! There is a slight annoyance of windscreen wind noise nothing too much to put you off. Sometimes depending on the light reflection the dash appears in the windscreen can get very annoying. Rear passengers have very small side storage where it is difficult to put things into. Really it is meant for 4 people. The boot is huge I would of been happy with it being smaller for better rear seat space. I have driven very carefully and best figures are 60mpg.

asif majid, November 5th 2014

TDI CR SE 5dr

I recently replaced my 2003 A4 Estate with this car, and I couldn't really be happier with my decision. Everything feels extremely well screwed together and built to last, and I don't think I'll have a problem running it for the next 10 years. Behind the wheel it feels very comfortable. You can get a nice low driving position which I prefer, and all the controls seem to be in just the right position. I do find the steering a bit too light at low speeds, but when it weights as you go faster it becomes much better. In the corners it is very sure footed and relatively level, much more so than my old A4, but there isn't a lot of feedback in the steering. The engine and 6 speed manual are a great combination. There is plenty of torque around throughout the revs, and you can really take off up slip roads when required. The car feels most at home eating up miles on a motorway where the comfortable seats and quiet cabin really come into their own. I highly recommend getting the optional cruise control on the SE trim though.

Andrew Moss, June 9th 2014

TSI SE 5dr

I was worried over the engine size, but any concerns have evaporated. I had a 1.6 Petrol Qashqai before this, the 1.2L Turbo Skoda engine is much smoother, faster and quieter. Only had it 2 weeks but on 2 long runs I got 48 mpg which isn't bad. I have gone for the DSG gearbox, and I'm really enjoying the car, hill hold control and parking assist make every manoeuvre easy.

Andy Christie, May 10th 2014

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

I have owned my 3 year old Octavia Estate since November 2013 having previously owned an Octavia Hatch 2.0 SE Elegance (140 bhp) I continue to be impressed with the overall quality of the Skoda. It is exactly like a VW, very well built, drives nicely, very spacious, comfortable, well equipped with the parking sensors, cruise control and decent sound system. It is also a very nice looking car in gun metal grey, it shows off the chrome well. On the slightly negative side, the 1.6 lacks the punch of the 2.0 which I guess is an obvious comment, but it offers reasonable performance. It cruises nicely on the motorway at 85mph all day without missing a beat but it does struggle on the hills a bit. The other gripe I have is the economy. The Skoda figures suggest 74mpg! I am lucky if I can get 50mpg ; quite a difference and this is careful non motorway driving. The 2.0 litre returned 58mpg. I am going to look into remapping the engine and my next car will definitely be a VRS!

John Down, Somerset, March 23rd 2014

TSI Elegance 5dr

I was pondering for many months between a Mk 7 Golf GT or the Octavia Elegance. I have owned Skodas before but decided last time to 'up grade' to a VW and so I bought a Polo 1.2 TSI select. This was lovely car but I had endless problems with it (electrical mainly). This and the price difference persuaded me to return to Skoda and I can honestly say that I have never been happier than with this decision. Whilst the Golf is a lovely car to drive (I had three test drives) the money difference is simply not worth it. The Octavia is superbly built. You really get the impression that you are sitting in an executive car. The controls are fabulous and well made and the info system is easy to navigate. The petrol engine feels powerful and refined (easily the equal of the Golf- though it should be being the same engine bar the ACT on the VW). Fuel economy is good, although I do drive conservatively. The ride is superb, although some may prefer the 16" wheels for a slightly more comfortble ride. Nevertheless, the ride was not that much notiicably different to that of the Golf. If you have the money, buy this car! Yes the Golf is good too but then look at the price and it is a no brainer. Unless you are a badge snob, this is the car for you. Utterly brilliant!

Jon Cantrill, February 10th 2014

TSI SE 5dr

This car really exceeded my expectations. I knew that the engine, gearbox, chassis, etc. are all made by Volkswagen and that they should be just as good and reliable in an Octavia as in a Golf. I knew that the Octavia has won many awards for value, reliability and owner satisfaction. I also knew that many police, fire and ambulance services in this country and abroad use Octavias. For all these reasons I knew that the Octavia must be a good car, but I still couldn't quite get out of my head the old reputation of Skoda. After 3 years and 30,000 miles this lingering prejudice has gone completely. The Octavia is simply a brilliant car. It's got an ultra modern, low capacity but high torque and high power engine that's smooth and satisfying; fuel consumption at 45mpg in mixed driving is outstanding and it's a roomy and comfortable car with a safe and predictable driving experience. Reliability is all that anyone could ask: nothing has broken or gone wrong in three years. True, it looks a bit staid, but no more so than other mid-sized estates. Having overcome my prejudice about Skodas I am, for the first time in my life, about to buy another car of the same make. That's how good they are!

Anthony Heal, February 5th 2014

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

Six months in this car is a revelation. It is spacious, very comfortable, has immense stowage capacity and is pretty frugal. With the Elegance specification it is fully equipped with intuitive Sat Nav and a variety of infotainment choices. The 1.6 TDI with DSG is a good choice and over six months has returned 58 M.P.G. The quality of internal build amazes passengers, whose comment is invariably this cannot be a Skoda......It must be an Audi/BMW/Mercedes. I opted for the Topaz Brown which has been a real head turner. This is my 33rd car and it has had more positive comments than all of the rest combined. Looking for negatives is churlish and all I could come up with was that the seats were too warm in the hot summer. Perhaps I expected better MPG but in fairness most of my 3,000 miles travel has been around town.It could have a bigger petrol tank to increase range beyond 550 miles, but seriously that is clutching at straws. As a regular Mercedes E Class owner, I would put this Octavia in the same league. It is truly a peach of a car and if I was changing tomorrow I would not even consider anything else. My wife's passenger view is equally glowing. The Skoda Octavia is so good it deserves its stablemates name "Superb".

Robert Dixon, TYNE AND WEAR, December 20th 2013

TDI CR SE 5dr

I would concur with Andy’s comments regarding fuel economy – although when cruising at around 70 mph I’m averaging 60~65 mpg. And the with road tax at Β£30 running costs are pretty good. It takes some getting used to to drive at first. My wife and I both kangarooed out of the dealers with vehicles we tried out, and I stalled it a lot in the early days. [I've owned and driven a variety of cars in the past; used to hire them with work, so I'm no novice] The trouble is that the car is unreliable: spurious warning signals for which no cause can be found, but 2 hours interrogation of the EMS and a reset cost Β£70. Stuttering to a halt on the hottest day of the year looked like overheating to me – but the computer later says β€˜no’ and in fact has no record of any problem. It’s nothing to do with the air con, because that packed in a while ago - Β£500 quoted for fitting a replacement pump – so like a taxi driver I spoke to in a similar situation I’ve not bothered. The car’s currently in dock to have the ERV replaced – again, not uncommon, I’m told. Part of the expense is that it’s not an easy car to work on, with a host of time-consuming parts to remove to access anything. So while the car might seem good on paper, and a new model appear 5* to testers, at 4 years old and with a mere 25k on the clock it’s rather a disappointment. Time will tell if newer models are more reliable.

Steve Milner, Tyne & Wear, December 17th 2013

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

Good Things - big as a Mondeo, very comfortable, huge boot, huge space in the back for kids, Elegance has all the kit you need, 1.6 TDI with DSG is more than adequate for people like me, sat nav and infotainment system works well, drives well (I'm not a boy racer), well put togther, dash is logical, dual climate is simple and effective.....so many positives. It's so, so easy to get on with. Bad Things - can't get near the claimed 74mph. In mitigation only 3500 miles in, so hope it improves with my light right foot. Also I appreciate few will admire the look of the car, but I think that's a positive. I don't want a car that gains attention. I want a car that does all the simple things well. In short, very, very happy with my choice, so far.

M Snow, December 16th 2013

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

I got this car for its space and economy, rather than for any particular driver appeal, but after less than 1000 miles I am really appreciating it. It is fast when you want (Sport driving mode), economical when you want (Normal or Eco modes), handles well, and is comfortable and well equipped. I specced it up a bit with the winter pack, leather upholstery and panoramic sun roof but even without those extras it has more than enough in it. Plenty of room on the boot and a very useful dual boot floor. Plenty of room in the back seats as well. It has some really useful technology - Light Assist which puts your lights on main beam when you need it and dips them when there is oncoming traffic or streetlighting, a rear parking sensor (madam on my left has no reason to say anything now!!), and a warning if you get too close to the car in front too quickly (and does it quicker than Madam ever did). This is my first Skoda, after a Honda Civic, Seat Toledo and various Fords, and I know it's the most modern of all those being the newest, but I am thoroughly impressed with it and can recommend it strongly. Before ordering it I compared it with the Passat Estate and it was better in every respect, including performance and price. If I had to complain about anything it is that you cannot program a destination into the Sat Nav using the postcode - Doh!!

Peter Welford, Surrey, December 13th 2013

SDi Classic 5dr

Bought 55plate for 8k with 11k on the clock from Skoda franchise, now done 102k in 7 years, wiring faults but mechanically never let us down, classic model maybe a bit spartan for some but as a family wagon it cannot be faulted with hard wearing and easy to clean trim. Very economical day to day and sensible servicing costs. When asked will handle long journeys fully loaded with family and gear and return over 53mpg at motorway speeds, longest journey we have done was 620miles in a day and there were no complaints from the passengers ! Look after the car with regular servicing and it wont cause trouble, our repairs (not servicing) have cost 0.005p/mile averaged over the seven years of ownership but the depreciation now is minimal.

Jonathan Carr, Devon, October 28th 2013

TDI CR SE 5dr

The car is very fuel efficient but lacks a bit of power (as expected). It comes with good equipment and 0% finance deal. It’s comfortable to drive and does feel good to drive it. Now, here come the bad news. I’ve had some issue with rain water being trapped at the bottom of either side of the front door. Spoke with the dealer and it looks to be a known issue (Something wrong with the design of the door seal?). Overall a good car to drive, would still recommended it despite the water problem.

Andy Tan, UK, October 28th 2013

TDI PD Laurin + Klement 5dr

I've owned the car from new. The biggest bugbear which would put me off ever buying another Skoda is the dreaded dual-mass flywheel. Mine failed after 5 years and 55k miles. Buy second hand if the car, like mine now, is fitted with a single-mass flywheel. Apart from this an excellent car to run and deive.

Lloyd Spence, Co Fermanagh, May 6th 2013

TDi Elegance 5dr

I have owned my Elegance 110 Tdi since 2002 and have covered 110,000 miles. There have been a few minor problems, but none have been expensive. The engine is superb and will accelerate from 1000 rpm in 5th gear and is still running sweetly. 55 mpg is easily obtainable. In short, a brilliantly practical vehicle.

Keith Martin, Somerset, August 14th 2012