TSI S 5dr

Registered Dec 2011. Almost 2 years now with 30k on the clock and it's still a head turner. Its looks match my unconventional nature. Not a single warning light(false or true), no creaks or rattles in the cabin. Visits to the dealer were just for the regular servicing, with reasonable costs. Very refined cabin with just some wind noise from the door mirrors but never intrusive. Ride is on the firm side but not uncomfortable both in town or on the motorway. Still, the 17" wheels absorb road undulations and potholes well with no unpleasant clanks in the cabin. However, at motorway speeds I can feel the rear end of the car slipping away slightly when rear wheels meet an undulation but not to the point where I would be concerned about loosing control over the car. I drove the car up on Troodos mountains in Cyprus, with four adults on board far from being slender(apart from myself of course!) and we were all amazed at the power and torque of the car. Revs were below 2500, with the car being very responsive at overtakes at any road angles and never intrusively vocal. We could hardly tell there was an 1.4 power-train under the bonnet. Consumption improved considerably after 10k km, but still on the thirsty side. Still, cost effective taking into consideration the extra cost of a bigger engine, with very low road taxes. Twin boot door is brilliant. Highly recommended and would definitely buy another!

Me Fo, November 21st 2013

TDI CR 140 SE Plus 5dr

After 1 Octavia Hatchback and 5 Octavia Estates the only choice was a SKODA. The offer at the time on the Superb swayed me. No suitable offer on the estate but the hatchback boot and massive interior means I get the best of all worlds - room and comfort. So far I have 7500 miles on the clock with an overall mpg of 54.3 I get 60+ on a long mixed run so economy is great. No regrets about my choice of car. Next test is towing the caravan for 4 weeks in France. Hopefully it will match the Octavias in that field too.

Michael Street, West Yorkshire, May 24th 2013

TDI CR 140 Elegance 4X4 5dr DSG

I went into the Skoda agent to look at the Yeti. The salesman asked what I wanted from a car, and I said "diesel, automatic, 4x4, good accommodation". He explained that the waiting list for the Yeti was long and that he could not discount a Yeti. He then led me to a Superb Elegance and said there was an offer on them, no VAT. I agreed a price for my own car and ordered the Superb. Nevertheless, I had to wait around 15 weeks for delivery, but they did keep me advised of progess throughout and they honoured the trade in price agreed originally on my car. In the past 10 years I have had a Mercedes W 211 E Class 320 CDI, a Mercedes W 220 S Class 320 CDI and an R Class mercedes 320 CDI. The Superb can match any of them for accommodation, specification, build quality, comfort and pretty much on performance too - and these were much more expensive cars. But Mercedes do not procduce a 4x4 saloon car in the UK. The Superb has just had its first service and its first birthday. No rattles or squeaks and fault free throughout. Brim to brim economy is 43 mpg, but once the car is properly run in I expect at least another 5 mpg. The equivalent Passat would cost 50% more for the same spec, and an Audi A6 would cost double the price of the Skoda. Badge engineering? I think the laugh is on them - the Superb is the "thinking man's Audi"!

Alex Grieve, Warwickshire, April 1st 2013

TDI CR 170 SE 5dr

My review is about the car.... or is it? At the minute I am not sure if my lack of satisfaction is the car OR Main Skoda Dealer. It will be 2 yrs since I have the Superb and until my first visit to the service all was like a poetry. But then car became a devil. On the warranty finale year I had changed aerial twice, door handle and door mechanism twice. After 1st MOT exhaust sensor failed and after second service electric water pump failed. Now I have air con compressor fault and another Β£700 to spent only because 12 months ago I had air con service done by Skoda and since then it never worked again as before. But service did not see the problem. Of course. On the other hand it could be just a coincidence and simply my Superb is terrible to own. All in all despite I love the look of the car, the magical heated seat and quietness of the cabin and the space, I do not have Β£300 to spent on repairs every month. But if you lucky enough to have faultless Superb, it can not get better than this. Huge boot, great sat nav and system stereo, 54 mpg on motorway driving 80 mph and many, many more gadgets available it all makes you think "Who can give more?". And the answer is: "NO one for the price of 20K". Would I get another one? Only the service quality makes me wonder.

Bartek Basinski, norfolk, August 21st 2012

TSI SE Plus 5dr

Fantastic car! Huge room all-round. Comfy. Full of kit blah blah. Bought the estate (much prettier that the saloon/hatch) for not too much money, getting over 25% off in the vat free (plus a bit more) offer, and 3 years free servicing. An Audi A6, with approx spec would have been about twice the price, and the Skoda's quality is fantastic. I've had the car over a year now and i've not had a single rattle or fault. The reason of the discount is that the car is petrol, and the residuals will be worse than the diesel, but its a fine, smooth engine, and pretty economical too. I'm getting 40mpg, which is exactly what the book says it should get. The 170ps diesel will give me 10mpg more, and save about 30 quid a year on tax, but saving about Β£5000 on differentials of the cars in the first place (very little discount on the diesel models) made it a no brainer as i don't do a massive mileage. Wholly recommend the car. My wife bought a Fabia a few months early which great too, which just shows how much we like the Skoda brand. I wouldn't say its highy underrated but the cars are way better than VW, better quality, cheaper, and most Skoda drivers appear very happy! Just look at the surveys......

Richard Bayley, July 8th 2012

TDI CR 170 Elegance 5dr

Cont. 3. Equipment / Comfort The list is endless in the Elegance, Full Leather (heated/memory/lumber/fullelec)/Sat Nav(its better than a TomTom), Electric everything / Directional Bi Xenons / 30GB HDD, radio,MP3, CD, DVD player/ elec heated memory mirrors / parking sensors and ambient lighting everywhere……..i could go on for ever, ( and all that spec is standard ). With reference to comfort the front seats are like comfy arm chairs (so great on long journeys, I regularly do 450 mile day trips) yet supportive for when you decide to have some fun on the windy roads, Oh yeh and I almost forgot there is limousine standard leg room in the rear too. 4. Value Well put it this way. To spec a top of the range BMW 3 series / Merc C Class to the same level as the Superb Elegance would cost between Β£10,000 to Β£12,000 extra on there list price!!!! Plus you will get around 45mpg and lower co2 taxing too. Nuf Sed. Not sure if I have missed anything but to sum up, if your only reason for not getting this car is its badge – WAKE UP! You are missing out on one of the best cars money can buy in this segment. Take one for a test drive, you WILL be impressed. The Skoda Superb is supposed to be the VW Passat’s ugly sister. All I can say is it’s turned out to be Cinderella and she will go to the ball!!

kevin steptoe, February 13th 2012

TDI CR Elegance GreenLine II 5dr

New company car, replaced a Honda Civic Hybrid. The Skoda Superb is excellent, loads of toys and my favorite is the electronic memory function for the seats and mirrors, makes it far easier if there is more than one driver of the car. I have only had this car for 7 weeks and have only done 3,000 miles, but so far it appears to be performing well. The MPG is ok, but not as high as the average claimed yet, With previous diesel cars I've had I have found that higher MPG does not come in until the engine has done at least 10,000 miles. so hopefully it will be more than capable of the stated MPG. The car is excellent to drive and does not feel "almost, too big" with front and rear parking sensors it is easy to park and manouvere. The reversing lights are not bright enough in my opinion though, which is quite common with newer cars, not much use in the dark where reversing is the only option. The Superb feels safe, and the 1.6 engine is more than capable. On long journeys the car is more than comfortable for both the driver and passengers. On bends and country roads the car feels very safe, and the headlights on the ellegance model are crystal clear for night driving, although other driver sometimes think that you have full beam on, but they soon stop flashing if you flash back!! The front heated seats stopped working after two weeks, but the Skoda dealer have sorted them with no issues.

Ruaraidh Mackinnon, December 27th 2011

TSI SE 5dr

The arrival of twins prompted me to replace my Mini Clubman Cooper S with a Superb and I haven't been disappointed. Whilst the Superb dosen't offer the same thrills as the Mini it is quiet, comfortable and reasonably fast when required. It provides masses of space inside and swallows up the twins in their baby seats and the double pram whilst leaving plently of space for other things. I bought mine new with the Bluetooth phone and heated seats for just over Β£18,000, which is a bargin considering the levels of standard equipment. Against the Passat it is cheaper, better equipped, better to drive and just as well made. The only reasons for giving your money to VW are either badge snobbery or the stlying, which is the only area that isn't top notch.

Nigel Simpson, Surrey, November 30th 2011

TDI PD S 5dr

Dont buy it, the clutch and flywheel system will fail and fail again. Also the heating system suits itself I have been waiting for 10 months to have mine fixed after numerous attempts and I have come to the conclusion that skoda cannot fix it because they dont know how to. I have contacted skoda customer care and all I have been told is that the issue's are between you and the retailer so dont contact them as there is nothing they can do. SKODA MANUFACTURER OF UNHAPPY DRIVERS

martin meighan, May 25th 2011

TDI CR 140 SE 5dr

This is just a bit of an update to a review I posted back in March now that the Superb and I are several months and several thousand miles down the road together. So what's my view now? Well better than ever actually. The Superb still wows everyone who's been driven in it. With its quiet refinement and 'planted' feel on the road, it feels every inch the high-class exec saloon and not something which is priced against top-end hatchbacks. The cabin and boot space is still mind-boggling considering that the external dimensions are much the same as a Passat/Mondeo/Insignia - I'm still not quite sure how Skoda have managed that trick... One thing I really must say is that the Superb looks far more hansom in the metal then in photos. Before I bought it, I was a bit concerned that it was boxy and a bit awkward, but in reality, it's a good looking car from pretty much any angle. Lastly economy. I do a 96 mile round-trip commute to work every day. Admittedly it's all motorway, I travel outside rush-hour and don't hurry, but my average consumption brim-to-brim is currently 52.2mpg As I do approx. 20k miles per year, consumption is a big consideration for me, but even though I do make a concerted effort to drive economically (at least on the work commute), getting this kind of economy from a car of this size is very impressive.

Steve Gascoyne, March 17th 2011

TDI CR 140 SE 5dr

I came around to this car as a left-field choice for something bigger and more comfortable for the 20k miles I do commuting each year. Initially I was looking at a Passat but disliked the fact that the Passat and the dealers seems to think the world owes them a favour because it's a VW. The Passat was disappointing for two main reasons - For one it's quite poorly spec'd for an expensive car which aspires to an up-market customer. A specific bug-bear being that even the top spec Sport doesn't have parking sensors as standard. On a car nearly 5m long, that's a big mistake and a cheeky Β£400+ option. Secondly the cabin of the Passat just doesn't feel very special to be in and some of the materials actually feel cheap. The back seat area is also very spartan and quite boring. By comparison, the Superb is quite literally just that. It looks far more distinctive and has more individual styling with more character. Inside it's just fantastic, with a fit, finish and level of spec that makes its VW cousin the Passat look mean by comparison. Also, the comments about it's huge size are actually misleading, as although the interior space is HUGH (in particular the rear leg room), Skoda have somehow managed all this in a car that is actually a couple of inches shorter and narrower than the Passat AND 65kg lighter. On top of all this it's a total joy to drive, having the same chassis, engine and transmission as the latest generation Passat. Fantastic!

Steven Gascoyne, Hertfordshire, March 12th 2011

TDI PD 140 Elegance 5dr

About to hand my 3 yr old superb back to the lease company. It will be a fight. This car has been fantastic. It has been perfect. 60,000 miles on and nothing has gone wrong. Nothing. It has been comfortable, refined and reliable. It has amazing spec and i have loved the sat nav, media system (upload all my music onto the inbuilt hard drive via SD card), and the DVD system is awesome. The bluetooth phone is also excellent. There's loads of room in it, a massive boot, the twindoor boot is quality. There is no discernable wear to the interior, and it still smells new - a lovely leather/new car smell! Xenon headlamps are brill, and they point round bends. I'll be lost without them. I still think for the money this is a far better car than any equivilant BMW, Audi or Mercedes and i would decline giving up my skoda for any of them. It averages 50mpg. Unfortunately this car is no longer on our company car list, so i'm gutted as i would have been thrilled to have gone for a new one. I cannot recommend this car enough, it has by far been the best car i have ever had. That's an accolade i wouldnt hand out if it wasnt worthy. Congratulations skoda - only niggle - it could be a bit prettier!

Warren Hunter, August 13th 2009

TDI PD 140 Elegance 5dr

After buying Volvos for years I was so impressed by the Superb that I bought the demonstrator. The seats are better than those in the Volvo, as both are electric and the lumbar support on both adjusts for height and pressure. The standard equipment is most impressive and if I had a niggle it would be that the car is almost too clever as I have never seen so many warning lghts, or switches that are multifunctional. However the handbook is very explicit. On the road it is supremely comfortable in spite of having 18" wheels and the ride is an excellent mix of comfort and roadholding. Interior space is simply vast. The boot is massive and the split tailgate is not a gimmick but an excellent idea, that works well. It is a shame that a more modern engine wasn't fitted from the outset but the present unit is well tried and tested.Owing to the prevailing weather conditions I haven't had the chance to assess the fuel consumption. Forget all the Skoda jokes this car is truly superb and if you can bag a demonstrator is terrific value for money. Don't be badge snob, go on try one.

John Gilbert, Lincolnshire, February 10th 2009

TDI PD 140 SE 5dr

If you have a family and value comfort and high quality this is your automobile! Having owned a string of cars from VW, Skoda and Audi this is by far the best car I have ever owned. Whilst the exterior looks may not be stunning from every angle the interior rivals, if not exceeds, the standard set by Audi, BMW and certainly VW. Rear legroom is limo like whilst it is a dream on the motorway simply soaking up the miles in hushed comfort. If there was any doubt over Skodas ability to produce a car of the highest quality this car will silence the jokers.

R Gartland, January 16th 2009