[163] Business Edition 5dr

This is an update after 6 months of ownership. The average mpg is slightly better than previously stated and has risen to 55 on a long journey. The car is a very pleasing and comfortable to drive. The only issue is that the roof racks make a tiresome singing noise. Would I buy another? A definite yes.

Nick Ayres, November 18th 2014

[215] SE Lux Premium 5dr [Start Stop]

I bought this vehicle, 1 year old ex Volvo, I am a high milage driver and have done 18,000 miles in four months. The vehicle is one of the very best I have run in thirty plus years of motoring, quick, economical, (52mpg), and supremely comfortable. I never tire of driving it. Downsides - boot could,be a wee bit bigger, and having had two punctures in three months, the lack of a spare is a complete pain, I have ordered a space saver spare. Not often I say this but I would heartily recommend this vehicle.

Paul White, N Yorks, November 4th 2014

Ve [115] SE Lux Premium 5dr

I have owned my V60 SE LUX DriveE for one year now, covering 11,000 miles. This is a very comfortable car with exceptional seats and the mpg is very pleasing, 45mpg average around town, at least 55mpg around town. Running costs are low, Β£230 fully comp. insurance and only Β£30 road fund tax. I think this one is a 'keeper', great looks, comfort and cheap to run, much nicer and more exclusive than an Audi A4 or BMW 3 series.

Christian Brewer, Kent, October 16th 2013

[304] SE Premium 5dr AWD Geartronic

I have owned 3 Volvo's previously, 2 V70s & C70, without doubt the most comfortable cars I have owned or driven. I took a V60 R Design 1.6 115ps diesel for a test drive recently, the ride was awful. On good road surfaces excellent, but a few imperfections and speed bumps and it felt awful, a very jarring ride that did nothing to absorb the bumps. The engine felt really good, although there were only 2 people in the car, so may feel diffrent fully loaded. The build quality is excellent and seats were upto usual Volvo standards. The electric parking brake is poorly located under the right side of the dash. Also the boot is very small compared to a V70 and there is no spare wheel and as said in other reviews this is not good, as what could be a cheap puncture repair, becomes a new tyre, as tyre fitters refuse to repair tyres that have the sealant inside. *Ignore my mpg figure, could not submit review without completing.

mick shaw, December 15th 2012

[205] SE Lux Premium 5dr

Had the 1 yr old car about 4 months. On the whole very good and pleased. Nippy D5 engine great but you pay for it in lower mpg. We get 35 to 40 depending town or motorway. Downside. 1. No spare tyre option. As in other reviews this is a problem if you are unlucky enough to have a puncture unless conveniently next to an open tyre garage. One puncture so far and glue didn't work. 2. Rear views poor when needing to reverse. 3. The door mirrors take some getting use to especially at night. Its not easy to judge other car distance, speed or location. 4. Media and navigation system has its own little annoying features. Sat Nav is clunky when programming and not intuitive. Radio always comes on when starting the car. Having said all that my wife likes it and she does most of the miles.

Ti Bourne, T, November 19th 2012

[163] R DESIGN 5dr

I have had this car for approximately 6 months and I have enjoyed driving it throughout that period. I drive quite low mileages (8k/p.a) but recently have had 2 300+ mile journeys to make. The V60 was ultra comfortable, refined and also returned in excess of 50mpg with a tank allowing a range of 700+ miles which I thought to be pretty good compared to my previous vehicle (Honda CRV 2.2CTDI). I also like having the huge array of safety kit - SIPS, WHIPS and airbagsagogo! The cornering headlights are also a big plus. Interior space is great and the luggage capacity is fine for my family of four. I love the look of the car - I don't think there are many better looking cars in its class. The biggest downside of the car became an issue 2 weeks ago when I discovered a puncture. I followed the hand book guidlelines and used the tyre sealant in conjunction with the compressor to allow me to reach the nearest tyre garage. On arrival the mechanic said "i suppose you've used the sealant?" - "yes" was my reply... he said "that'll be Β£180 for a new tyre then".... Great work Volvo! The mechanic also related that this issue is not only costing motorists big money (and hassle) but also that the AA and RAC are now dealing with more and more trivial puncture repairs on the roadside due to the failure and cost incurred by using tyre sealant kits. Hopefully manufacturers will start to listen. It will certainly be something I check when it comes time for a change

neal mcknight, April 21st 2012

[150] ES 5dr

Nice in the cabin but ride is not particularly brilliant. Steering too light, rear seat legroom is limited and boot is surprisingly small. Controls take some getting used to but seats very comfy for my 6' frame. Good on the motorway and economical driven gently (well over 50mpg possible). Engine is surprisingly willing for a 1.6 diesel but has to be revved a bit to make it "go". Engine is also quite quiet. Big downside, discovered after 6 weeks - no spare wheel. Puncture 200 miles from home, 8pm, wet A-road. 2.5 hour wait for recovery when supplied can of tyre seal goo didn't work. So, no spare wheel and no space for one and tyres aren't run flat. This is not acceptable for me as i regularly do long distances for business. Since I leased the car and the lease company were sympathetic, I have now exchanged it for a Honda Accord - which does have a spare wheel! In summary, quite a nice car spoiled by lack of spare wheel.

Tony Ennis, December 4th 2011