BMW X5 gets M Sport treatment
- BMW X5 4.8i M Sport launched
- On sale now from £53,440
- 3.0d and 3.0si models go on sale later this year
- BMW M5 Touring - first details
- BMW prices to increase
- BMW M3 Coupe: first details announced
- Reader Test Team meets the BMW M3
- BMW unveils new grand tourer concept car
- Convertibles worth waiting for?
- £50k price tag for BMW M3
- Servicing deal for BMW 1 Series buyers
- What Car? video podcast: April 26
- Zero-emissions BMWs come to UK
- BMW website gives 'best experience'
BMW's X5 4x4 has been given the M Sport treatment, and the uprated car will go on sale from £53,440.
The X5's sporty kit includes 19-inch alloy wheels, sports suspension, body styling, sports seats, roof rails and a leather steering wheel. Larger 20-inch alloy wheels are an option.
The car's 4.8-litre V8 engine produces 355bhp , enough to power the car from 0-62mph in 6.5secs and on to a top speed of 150mph.
Running costs won't be cheap, though - although better than rivals such as the Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7 for fuel economy and emissions, the M Sport only manages an average fuel consumption of 22.6mpg.
Company car drivers will pay a hefty amount, too, as carbon dioxide emissions are 299g/km, putting the car in the 35% top tax bracket.
The X5 M Sport is on sale now, with M Sport variants of the 3.0d and 3.0si models expected to be launched later this year.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe