Fiat 500 takes to the skies over London
- Fiat 500 takes to the air in the London Eye
- The ride starts at 8pm on 21 January
- Eight-week wait for delivery if you order now
- Reborn after 50 years: the Fiat 500
- Young drivers and insurance - the facts
- Fiat 500: Chic and cheerful
- Fiat 500 - better than the Mini?
- You say: Fiat 500 more chic than Mini
- Are you being served?
- New smart website for Fiat
- Jump the Fiat 500 queues
- Fiat 500 Giardinetta may be back
- Cars for kids: choosing the right car
- Frankfurt motor show 2007
- Six new cars for under £6000
- £42k for Fiat 500
- Fiat 500 - yours from £7900
- Is Fiat 500 mania coming to the UK?
- Fiat 500 tops supermini poll
- Fiat 500 is European Car of the Year
- Fiat 500: the rush to buy starts now
- What Car? Best Buys
- Star cars of 2008 - part 1
- Star cars of 2008 - part 4
Fiat is celebrating the on-sale date of the Fiat 500 in the UK with a trip in the London Eye.
The supermini will take a turn in one of the London Eye’s pods at 8pm on January 21 - that’s exactly 500 hours into 2008 and also the day the car officially goes on sale.
Don’t expect to be at the front of the queue if you go into a Fiat showroom on January 21, though. Fiat already has 2700 customers waiting, so order now and you can expect delivery in March.
Discounts will also be hard to come by on such an in-demand car.
Even new car brokers, usually a reliable source of good deals, are struggling to offer a saving. Drivethedeal.com will sell a 1.4 Sport 3dr for £10,700, for example, exactly the same price a Fiat dealer would charge.
List prices start from £7900 and rise to £10,700.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe