Golf Bluemotion sets new standards
- New eco-Golf to be unveiled at Frankfurt
- CO2 emissions fall to 119g/km
- On sale in UK in early 2008
- 72mpg VW Polo on the way
- First look: Volkswagen Golf Estate
- VW orders build quality review
- Golf Mark VI heads for Paris
- VW launches special edition Golf Plus
- Volkswagen goes blue to go green
- What Car? video podcast: May 29
- Two trims become one for Golf
- Individual touch for VW Eos
- Volkswagen reveals more Tiguan details
- VW gives turbocharging a boost
- VW releases Golf estate prices
- End of the line for old VW diesels
- VW with a £74,000 price tag
- VW Passat coupe: first look
- Polo coupe, cabriolet and MPV possible
Volkswagen has released details of its new Golf Bluemotion, which will go on sale in the UK in early 2008.
The car will be revealed, along with five other new Bluemotion models, at this September's Frankfurt motor show.
The Golf Bluemotion is driven by a 102bhp 1.9-litre turbodiesel, which averages 62.8mpg and emits 119g/km of carbon dioxide, down from 135g/km on the conventional 102bhp 1.9 TDI model.
The lower emissions will save owners £80 a year in road tax.
The car's efficiency is achieved through a combination of software that reduces the engine idling speed, high third, fourth and fifth gear ratios, an aerodynamically designed underbody and special low-resistance tyres.
No official prices have been released for the Golf Bluemotion, but it is expected to cost around £15,000.
• We'll have all the latest news from the Frankfurt motor show - come back to on September 11 to see all the new cars.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe