Nissan affected by volcanic ash
- Nissan suspends production
- Parts supply disrupted
- Length of suspension unknown
- Nissan calls Qazana concept 'Juke'
- Nissan 370Z video blog
- 400 new UK jobs at Nissan
- Nissan returns to profit
- Nissan Juke revealed
- Back to family car basics for Nissan
- New Nissan Micra at Geneva show
- Cash for electric cars: the details
- Japanese disagree over electric vehicles
- Our stars of the Geneva motor show
- New diesel for Nissan Murano
- Nissan's Juke and Micra - cars for all
- Qashqai and Qashqai +2 updated
- Nissan Leaf to be built in the UK
- Nissan Juke: get up close
- Nissan Qashqai video blog
- Nissan extends its trade-in scheme
- Daimler, Nissan and Renault join forces
- Nissan Leaf cheaper than a Prius
Nissan is to stop building three of its models in Japan tomorrow because the cloud of volcanic ash has prevented parts reaching its factories.
It has been unable to obtain air pressure sensors from the Irish Republic, which means it has had to suspend building its Cube, Murano and Rogue models.
Two production lines will be closed at its Oppama plant in Yokosuka, and both lines at its Kyushu factory, leading to a delay in building 2000 vehicles.
Nissan has not yet decided whether it will have to suspend production for Thursday and beyond.
Get interactive with whatcar.com...
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe