Peugeot reveals 308 RC Z Concept Car
- Concept expected to become reality
- 218bhp from 1.6-litre motor
- Car seen as potential Audi TT rival
- Peugeot 107 and 207 Sport
- Peugeot prices 207 CC
- First look: Peugeot 207 GTi
- More details: Peugeot and Citroen 4x4s
- Brace of Peugeot concepts for Geneva
- Peugeot 207 CC - what you think of it
- Latest Euro NCAP tests: Mini and Peugeot
- Convertibles worth waiting for?
- Safety recalls: is your car affected?
- Peugeot 207 SW is coming
- Peugeot 308 unveiled
- Peugeot 207 SW: prices and details
- Citroen C-Crosser: prices and trims
- Peugeot 308: More than just a number
- Peugeot reveals 4007 prices
- Green cars more sexy than 4x4s
Peugeot will launch its Audi TT-rivalling 308 RC Z Concept Car at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.
The 2+2 coupe is being presented as a concept car, but it is expected to go into production.
The front closely resembles the 308 small family car, while the curved roof panel has been designed to negate the need for a rear spoiler.
The RC Z is powered by a turbocharged 1.6-litre petrol engine developed from the one in the 207 GTi, and gives 218bhp. Carbon dioxide missions are 160g/km.
It has a six-speed gearbox and covers the 0-62mph dash in 7.0sec, with a top speed of 146mph.
It also has larger brakes and benefits from the weight-saving use of aluminium, emphasising its sporty credentials.
The car has two 'bucket' sports seats in the front, while the rear has two folding leather seats for occasional use.
Some aspects of the interior, such as the fascia, have been taken directly from the 308 hatchback, while others are bespoke for the car.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe