Renault reveals new Laguna
- First picture of new family car released
- Three new engines, offering 110bhp-175bhp
- Emphasis placed on interior quality
- Renault Twingo uncovered
- Sportier Renault Clio 197 is here
- Renault responds to whistle-blower claim
- Sharper Clio Renaultsport for £17,250
- A Twingo and a prayer
- Renault and Alfa Romeo recalls
- Renault revamps Espace range
- Renault's zippy yet frugal Clio
- First sneak look at new Renault Laguna
- Renault prices new Scenic Conquest
Renault has released the first pictures of its new Laguna, which will go on sale in the UK on October 12.
Renault hopes its new family car will be a rival for the latest Ford Mondeo, the Audi A4 and Mercedes C-Class. The new car is wider, taller and longer than the current model.
Refinement is where Renault has invested most - according to the company, the new Laguna's interior quality promises 'a refined finish, high-grade materials and quality throughout'.
Engine options include three new units - a 110bhp 1.5-litre diesel, a 130bhp 2.0-litre diesel and 140bhp 2.0-litre petrol. All models will come fitted with a six-speed gearbox as standard. The 150bhp 2.0-litre diesel engine will be available with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
Other engines include a turbocharged 170bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine and 150bhp and 175bhp 2.0-litre diesels. The 175bhp diesel is fitted with a particulate filter, which is designed to meet forthcoming Euro V emissions standards.
Price details have yet to be released, but company insiders have hinted that they will start at £15,000, with the upper range of models starting at around £18,000.
The Laguna hatch and Sports Tourer estate will be launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2007 before going on sale a month later.
Used cars for sale
Reviews and News
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe