I - Insurance

05 June 2006

Insurance - By law, every car must be insured if it is driven or parked on the road. There are three main types of insurance. Third-party covers damage to the other person's vehicle or property or any injury they suffer, but you have to pay for repairs to your own car. Third party, fire and theft offers the same level of accident protection but will also pay out if your car is damaged in a fire or stolen. A Fully Comprehensive policy will pay for the damage even if the accident was your fault.

When you are looking for a new policy, brokers will shop around for you, or it can be cheaper to do the legwork yourself and check out insurers directly. Websites such as www.confused.com can search a range of insurers for you.


Want to know the difference between your APRs and your PCPs? Our Glossary will guide you through the minefield of car-buying terms.

Haymarket Logo What Car? is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media
What Car? is part of Haymarket Motoring
© Haymarket Media Group 2016