Insect removers reviewed - 12. Autoglym Active Insect
For: Cleaned surfaces and buffed to a good shine
Against:Expensive, not as effective as cheaper alternatives
Unusually for an Autoglym product we didn’t get good results – a repeat application was needed to get rid of all the sun-dried bugs. As the most expensive product on test, this was disappointing. After two applications, the paintwork of our test car was clean, and the gleam was restored following a quick polish with a dry cloth.
Widely available, but the most expensive product on test.
Ease of Use:
The foaming action of the spray made it more difficult to treat localised areas, and we had to use two applications to get through the toughest remains.
Safe to use on all surfaces, so more versatile than some. However, it's not recommended for use on contaminants other than bugs.
- Top 12 products rated
- 1. CarPlan Bug Blitz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 2. Car Plan Bug Blitz
- 3. Simoniz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 4. Simoniz Bug Shifter
- 5. Halfords Bug Shifter Pad
- 6. Turtlewax Platinum Series Tar, Tree S
- 7. Turtlewax Bug & Tar Remover
- 8. Triplewax Bug Shifter Pad
- 9. Halfords Bug & Tar Remover
- 10. Armorall Bug and Tar Wipes
- 11. Comma Glass Cleaner
- 12. Autoglym Active Insect