'The dog's eaten my car'
Topping the list issued by motorinsurance.co.uk was a claim for a new armrest, gear lever, front seats including the headrests, and an ash tray - because the owner's two dogs had eaten them.
Other oddball claims ranged from being unfortunate, badly worded and downright fanciful.
Among the funniest were:
• 'The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other on the car behind.'
• 'I was coming to a slow stop on my drive, when the car suddenly bolted forward and crashed through my garage door.'
• 'Unwittingly, my car's turbo kicked in and drove into a pole, luckily no other vehicles were involved and there was no damage to the pole.'
• 'My car was stationary at the set of traffic lights, when a strong gust of wind pushed my car forward into the flow of traffic.'
• 'I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.'
Featured in this story