What Car? says
For Refined, safe and good to drive
Against Size, 'common or garden' image
Verdict Perfect family car and great value
Go for… 2.0TDCI Zetec
Avoid… 2.5 T Titanium
- 1. The 2.0-litre diesel is the one most suited to the Mondeo, with ample performance that's delivered in a refined and quiet manner.
- 2. The Mondeo is spacious inside, with ample head- and legroom for everyone, and it's solid and well put together.
- 3. The keyless entry and ignition system on certain models can stop working, stranding owners or locking them out of their cars.
- 4. Fuel consumption is between 53.3mpg and 45.6mpg for the diesels and 39.2mpg to 30.4 for the petrols.
- 5. The hatchback Mondeo is supremely practical, too, with a very large boot and split-folding rear seats.
Reader test team says:
This is a fantastic car to drive. I bought a 12…
Having now covered 75,000 miles over the last 2…