What Car? says
For Excellent comfort and refinement; wide range of engines
Against Not as sharp to drive as its rivals; conservative styling
Verdict The E-Class is relaxing, discreet and easy to live with, if a little dull compared with some rivals.
Go for… E350 CDI
- 1. The E-Class is roomy, with generous accommodation for four adults.
- 2. There’s a choice of three suspension set-ups: the SE’s is too soft, while the Sport’s is too hard, whereas the Avantgarde strikes a good balance between the two.
- 3. The boot is usefully square and large at 532 litres, but folding rear seats are available only as an optional extra.
- 4. Diesel models are by far the most popular and account for the majority of cars on the used market.
- 5. Fuel-injection problems on diesel models are the most serious fault, with remedial work being expensive if not carried out under warranty.
Reader test team says:
E300 Bluetec Hybrid HV63GWG
This has got…
People compare this E class to the BMW 5 series…