Very comfortable to drive - but the car has been back and forwards to the dealer with an intermittent fault which the dealer cannot seem to locate. Occasionally, the engine seems to missfire, power dips, you put you foot down to compensate and the car picks up and surges forward - very dodgy in traffic jams or slow moving traffic. The car has had 3 EGR valves fitted, an accelerator pot and management unit software updates, but the problem still occurs. The fault does not register with the management system and Peugeot diagnostics cannot isolate it.
The fuel economy is now as specified - av 47mpg but was initially poor at approx 38mpg. It improved after 20k miles and with switching the air con off.
I have owned this car for 6 months now and have clocked-up 7k + miles. I went for this model as I was looking for a high-powered, high-spec diesel available at a big discount to list price. My purchase has ticked all 3 boxes:
1. The 2.2 HDi is an excellent unit - very impressive torque and highly refined. Without doubt the best diesel engine I have encountered.
2. With the up-graded JBL sound system and retro fit DVD system for the kids the GT just about has all the kit one could ask for (it all seems to work as it should too - bar the occasional satnav quirk).
3. I bought the car for a near £6k discount to list price so my chief concern - depreciation - has been quelled.
The car's not perfect though - I have a few gripes:
1. The boot isn't that generous in size - especially vis-a-vis the competition.
2. Fuel econonmy isn't great. I average around 35-36 mpg and even on long runs struggle to top 40 mpg.
3. Some bodywork - notably around the doors - is flimsy. Not sure how well this car will age.
All in all I'm happy with the purchase and hope that the Peugeot reliability bug stays at bay!
I am a service engineer driving 45,000 miles a year. The car is owned by my company. The car is comfortable to drive with good responsivness. It is very nippy with very little turbo lag. Driving mostly motorways at a good speed, I consistently get 50mpg
The level of equipment is very good - auto wipers and lights make things easy - also the malfunction warnings ard very good.
The Bluetooth phone works very well and my car came with three years of smartnav, which is excellent.
The downsides are the long nose, which makes steep ramps awkward and the rear visibility.
I have owned my car for eight months. It was eight months old when I purchased it.
It has been reliable, economical and everything that I expected (I previously had a 2.0-litre 406 Executive saloon for seven years). I recently completed a 540-mile journey in nine hours, a mixture of motorway and A-roads, and the car's fuel consumption was 48.5mpg.
The car was the most comfortable I have driven. The only niggle is a rattle from the retracting rooflining when fully retracted. I feel that the glass roof is pretty rather than practical.
Order a brochure, find your nearest dealer or book a test drive
My car is a Vectra 2.2Direct Elegance Estate 53 plate Reg 04 this car has spent so much time in the garage due to Electronic faults, Fuel pumps and…
I have driven my Passat for over 100,000 miles and here are some of the pros and cons. Pros: It's a good looking car. It's fuel economy is…