What Car? says
For High-class image and fancy folding roof make the C70 a desirable drop top.
Against Not the best to drive, and the steering lacks real feel. Running costs can be high.
Verdict A relaxed and sophisticated way to travel, with a good specification as standard.
Go for… 2.4 Sport
Avoid… 2.5T SE Lux
- 1. The Volvo C70 mixes and matches the best bits of both coupe and convertible models. The folding metal roof provides a closeted coupe environment when it's up, but you can drop the top at the push of b
- 2. The petrol models are generally cheaper, because many buyers look for a diesel C70 in the belief that they'll save money. This isn't necessarily the case: you'll need to do enough miles a year to just
- 3. It might be best to look out for cars with 17-inch wheels, rather than the 18-inch wheels, which are standard on SE Lux models, because they do the ride quality no favours at all.
- 4. Problems include brittle cabin trim, particularly around the centre console and armrest area, and a complete electrical failure.
- 5. Only the diesels emit less than 200g/km with the 2.0-litre at 161g/km and the D5 at 169g/km (193g/km as an automatic).