Suzuki Splash Hatchback Owner reviews

SZ3 5dr

Now had the 1.2 SZ3 for three months and love it like a child. For my London driving it's ideal, gets in small spaces, zooms in and out of gaps and carries friends and family in good space and comfort. For my frequent long motorway drives it sits on the road doing more than is legal with no fuss and feeling of safety and security. I've not done too many country lane trips but those I have were great fun as it really sticks to the road on tight bends, breaks firmly and pulls away with decent acceleration. Yes, the boot space is small but adequate as a city car. I've got used to the excellent auto which can make it a sedate drive for normal use or impressively rapid when needed. Excellent speakers too.

Paul Hensby, February 11th 2015

SZ4 5dr

We've now owned our Splash for nearly 3 years, and it's been great. We're not fast drivers, but if you push the 1.2 it'll certainly get moving. Driving sensibly and not trying to check the 0-60 times gets us a routine 50+mpg each tankful. It's been completely 100% reliable to date, and the service costs seem very reasonable. Practically, the car is excellent. I'm nearly 6ft4in, and I can get comfortable easily; the headroom is great. Sitting forward a little, we can seat our family just fine - that's two quite tall teenagers/young adults, my wife and me. The boot's not massive, but with careful packing (and trying to travel light - not something that comes naturally) we can and have packed for a week away; snug, yes, but OK. However, what the 'real' review here doesn't mention is that when you drop the rear seats you get a completely flat load platform which could take a fridge, or a mountain of stuff to the tip, or whatever - for such a small car it's great. The underfloor plastic tray area in the boot is great for muddy kit, too. Why the SZ4? The extra safety kit, mainly. It's cheap to run, easy to park, versatile and we also think it looks great (ours is 'copper'). The latest 1.2 engine is excellent, too. Totally recommended.

Jerry Cullum, Hampshire, March 8th 2014

SZ2 5dr

Have read it's a good city car, I wouldn't know as I don't live near a city. What's it like on motorways? No idea, haven't been on a motorway for years. What I find it is very good for is Scottish winding highland roads, often single track with passing places, where most of my motoring is done.It is comfortable, reliable, very cheap to run and handles very well on narrow twisty roads. Don't expect to go fast because that is not what it is for, so it won't.(On the odd time I want to go fast I use my MGTF 160VVC). This is my 10th Suzuki including motorcycles and I have never been disappointed.

Paul Robinson, Ayrshire, January 29th 2014

GLS 5dr

Being one of the first people to own this car in the uk, Having now owned this car for 9 months, Its a great little car, It now has 10,000 miles on and not one problem. It can easily accomadate myself, my parter and our daughter with her buggy. So if your thinking about buying this car go for it, it is cheaper that its sister the Vauxhall Agila by nearly £1000 and you get air-con as standard.

Kelvin Hunt, Devon, January 17th 2009

GLS 5dr

Having test-driven a few other cars after this one, I came back to it and bought one because it was the best value car for the money. Since I bought it I have not been disappointed at all! I think that it is a great car to drive, for comfort, economy, handling and there are lots of "extras" that are standard on this car. I love it!! It's a lot of car for the money and I don't regret buying it. Yes, the hatch is a little on the small side, but it's plenty big enough for my needs and I can always fold the back seat down if I do need some more space. So, if you were thinking of getting one, don't think any longer - go get one!

David Pratt, Somerset, December 29th 2008

GLS + 5dr

A really great little car - so comfortable, smooth & quiet engine, decent ride, and a really smooth automatic transmission. Everything works well. Some don't like the indicator bing bing, but I do because I can hear it - in my last car I often used to leave the indicators on as I didn't hear the clicking. The Splash is a solid well built car with plenty of passenger room - for most shopping trips the boot is quite ok. For more carrying capacity the rear seat backs fold down to give a flat area - it's great. Mine is white and looks very nice. I'm very pleased I bought it.

martin parsons, Hants, October 1st 2008

GLS + 5dr

I have only owned this car for two months and am delighted with its performance both with town and motorway driving, but agree that it needs to be driven at 3000 revs to get its full potential. The cabin is very spacious for a small car and all round visibility is superb. Having road tested quite a few before purchasing, I would say the best super mini that Ive driven taking an all round view

sheila millener, bristol, August 10th 2008