Jaguar XKR 75 special edition
* Jaguar XKR 75 to be launched next week * On sale next month for 85,500 * Increased power and suspension improvements...
Jaguar will launch a special-edition Jaguar XKR 75 next week to commemorate the company's 75th anniversary.
The XKR 75 will be launched at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Only 75 models will be made.
Improved performance, tweaked suspension settings to cope with the extra power and an aerodynamic bodykit mark the XKR 75 out from the standard XKR.
The XKR 75's vital stats are:
• Power: 523bhp (compared with 503bhp on standard XKR)
• 0-60mph: 4.4 seconds (4.6 seconds for standard XKR)
• Top speed: 174mph (155mph for XKR)
• Price: 85,500 (75,500 for standard XKR)
The XKR 75 also has an updated exhaust system, 20-inch alloy wheels and red brake calipers.
Jaguar says the car's final calibration was done in partnership with the RSR engineering team, which has been working with Jaguar on its motorsport programme.
'We conceived the XKR 75 as a sports car with a duality of character that makes it perfectly suited to driving across Europe to the Nurburgring race track, completing some very fast laps, and then driving home again,' said Mike Cross, Jaguar chief engineer vehicle integrity.
The XKR 75 is available to order from July, with deliveries expected in October.