Peugeot 107 Hatchback Owner reviews

Allure 5dr

You need to have the right expectations to drive this car. If you're looking for a cheap runner that is generally quite environmentally friendly that does not need to go fast then this is the car for you. It is very basic (even the better versions) and that's what you pay for. It generally costs me Β£10 per week to do about 12 miles per day and the tax is free. Insurance is cheap too. I love the way mine looks (the allure in purple) but I suppose that's each to their own. It is basic inside and they could have improved the interior by changing the horrible white plastic centre console for the heaters. It drives well in towns and cities but on the motorway takes a while to get to speed (especially if you drop to 50mph) because of its basic nature it feels fast at 70mph but I haven't noticed any extra road noise like other reviewers. It does get blown about by the wind and sucked in my trucks but you get used to this and learn to adjust for it. You just have to be careful when overtaking a truck when the wind hits it again once you are past. I have recently driven mine 420 miles for work and it was comfortable with no problems. I only drive at the speed limit though. I personally love mine but I'm not looking for anything special.

Sarah Conner, Tyne and Wear, May 10th 2014

Urban 3dr

I've had one of these for a week as courtesy car. First impressions where how small it is, second how flimsy, thirdly after driving how unsafe I felt. Absolutely everything is budget driven. The steering is so light you wonder if the tyres are in contact with the road.The seats after half an hour were giving me back ache and the base so short it pressed into the back of my thighs. I found the heater controls pretty naff to use, you have to push down quite hard to make it cooler only to find you've pressed all the way to the bottom (cold). The bottom air flow symbol is hidden by the curve of the dash, the air flow speed button isn't lit at night. The engine makes a stupid noise (yes its 3cyl) and when you throttle it (which is the only way to get some progress) the exhaust sounds like its about to drop off. Motorway speed the wind hums around the rear glass boot lid and the car is buffered by any cross winds. The boot lid is basically a piece of glass which, when open, carries a lump of a motor for the rear wiper which is at the right height to catch the back of your head when you stand upright. In summary, all I can say is thank heavens I don't own this car. My normal car is nothing "flash" but at least I feel safe and I don't feel like you could break into it with a toffee hammer. Compared to the VW "UP" or a second hand Fiesta or even a second hand old style KA (which I've driven and loved, its like the MINI of old)its waaaaaay off. I hope to heavens its dirt cheap to buy!

anthony green, avon, November 21st 2013

Urban 5dr

I have owned this car for 1 year and 3 months and I have had only one problem with it. I was told the battery is quite low (I don't know how much that would cost to replace, but I have been taking it out for longer drives to help the battery). Other than that, I use it to get to uni and it is really reliable, I have never had any problems with it. The only thing is, is that it can be quite noisy on the inside, I thought that was just my driving, but it changes.. there are times when the driving sounds quiet,but there's been times when it is really loud and on occasion I have been asked if I am driving a diesel car? But I like this car a lot because it is easy to park and nice for driving around town. I haven't had any problems with it on the motorway, except for one route on a dual carriageway where it goes slow on the uphill, but that is a really steep uphill climb. But generally on the motorways, it can cope with the speeds of other cars. I find that the boot is small, but you can fit a lot in it. I recently went on a picnic and had four rucksacks, a thick blanket and two big boxes of drink in there, along with the other general car maintenance equipment I always carry in the boot. I chose the five door version because I am the only one in my family who drives, and thought it would be more practical. The space in the interior is really good for a small car (though I dont know if that is just because I am small) but the space in the back is roomy so I have been told.

Elizabeth Cottam, Hertfordshire, June 11th 2013

Urban 3dr

I have had this car now for nearly two years, I didn't have it from new though - I am the second owner. Overall good but I will just start with some common faults. I am waiting for my Girlfriend to pass her test so she can have it as I am 6 foot tall, and I am starting to get back pains when driving. COMMON FAULTS Clutch goes at around 20,000 miles - couldn't believe though other people writing reviews said that it cost them between Β£450 and Β£600 as it cost me Β£200 for a new clutch which obviously I would rather not need to replace, but not a life threatening cost. Something small, but people who own these cars have mentioned that their hazard light button has cracked. I am replacing mine this week - but you have to remove all center dash console to get to it. GOOD THINGS Easy to park Cheap Road Tax Reliable Can look nice, but I wish I got a model with alloys now. Running cost is great, but I have found driving style can make a massive impact. Not amazing on the motorway for fuel. THINGS THAT ARE STARTING TO WIND ME UP (Obviously though, I shouldn't expect more for cost) The seats are like a sponge for dirt, I have never had a car where I have had to shampoo seats so often. Sound quality of stereo is rubbish You can hear the gear changes, clunky Lack of storage / Boot Space Can't open the passenger side window from driver side REASONS FOR BUYING Cheap Insurance for your drivers Cheap run around for somebody that 'isn't a car perso

Oliver Alcock, Lancashire, August 19th 2012

Urban 5dr

Cute, Clever, Economical...what more could you ask for? I have this car just over a month and a half and I must say: I am extremely pleased with it. First, the pros: .It looks absolutely stunning .Interior space for front passengers is more than adequate .Cabin looks and feels excellent quality, dash is spacious and everything is easily accessible & usefull. .Running costs are great, and isurance and TAX rates are brilliant. .Parking really couldn't be any easier. .Despite its small engine, picks up the speed nicely and is a fast car. .Comfortable, nice looking seating. Secondly, cons: .Despite its modern look, the car doesnt exactly feel as 'solid' as, say, a Volkswagen. The front bumper is pure plastic and would never survive a small crash. .It is apparent where costs were saved, the whole car carpet is rather flimsy (however this does mean that cleaning and modifying the car is a lot easier). The body-colored interior door panels will appeal to some people, but will look cheap to others. .Suspensions are dry, and going over a ramp will be uncomfortable until you get used to the car. .Motorway crosswinds will blow the car all over the place. Overall, I highly reccomend the Peugeot 107 S.E. It's truly a great, economical, modern car. It may not be cheap, but the low running costs will make up for the extra hundred. This car is truly Smiles better than the rest!!!

jason jalet, October 13th 2008

Urban 3dr

We have had this car since 1st September and absolutely love it! We were a bit apprehensive about downsizing from a 56 reg Focus sport having 2 children but as soon as we got in the car it all disappeared. We have had about 55MPG around town and 68MPG on a run. The fuel consumption is fab getting us from Birminghan to Cornwall on Β£15 fuel with the car fully loaded! People have said that the engine is noisy but we think it adds to the character and quite like it. It's a great little nipping around car and the boot isn't as small as it looks as we managed to get 2 adults and 2 kids' 4 days worth of holiday gear in it plus a small flat screen telly! The back of the car is roomy and can seat a six foot adult in easily and still have leg room. The stereo is stylish and having the option of an MP3 socket. Overall a great little car we wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Lindsay Harrison, West Midlands, October 7th 2008

Urban Move 3dr

9 months and 7000 miles in and its excellent. Its nearly all urban use, so the mpg is fine. it does improve out of town. What has really impressed is what fun it is to drive. lovely 3 pot engine, loves being used, and handling to make you smile, all without going too fast. The stereo is fine, but it really needs extra speakers, and the interior light only being conected to the drivers door is silly, but easy to sort out, but then this car cost less than Β£7,000 even with the extra curtain bags fitted. Nothing has fallen off or broken. What more can you ask of a cheap car.

Arthur Cobill, September 30th 2008

Urban 5dr

We hired our 107 in Madeira. For those who have not been there, this is a mountainous island to say the least and the locals often drive at breakneck speeds on the steep and winding roads. In these circumstances the little 107 did feel vulnerable and we had to make extensive use of first gear when taking uphill hairpin bends - of which there were many. On the "Rapida" dual carriageway it could keep up with most of the traffic and had just enough punch to overtake slower cars before the next BMW or Audi filled your rear view mirror. We drove on the island roads extensively and I found the driving position very comfortable. I often suffer from neck and backache when driving for long periods but not in the 107. The five doors were very practical but the rear hatch was very tiny. There is very limited boot space but enough for shopping and carrying around the usual bags and cameras etc that you tend to have on holiday. Around town it was great and very easy to park. Difficult to comment on fuel economy because so much time spent in lower gears both up and downhill. It did have trouble pulling 5th Gear on anything other than a level or downhill stretch. A great city car and fun to drive on challenging Madeira roads but may be a bit too slow to keep clear of the lunatics who hurl their 4x4s around our county roads down here.

Roger Burfitt, Somerset, July 24th 2008

Urban 3dr

I have owned my 107 57 reg since the beginning of May 2008.Costs Β£35 to tax for the year.As far as MPG goes I've not had amazing figures so far-I'm getting roughly 400ish miles to a full tank. Its a 35litre tank (7.7 gallons) so roughly 50 MPG so far,I was expecting 60-65.Pretty low cost all round.Gets me and my textbooks / gym stuff to uni everyday and can fit 3 of my friends in comfortably too, all good.The dashboard is very simple which is good-you can see everything you need to see in the little round pod in front of the steering wheel.The boot-not hugely spacious but enough for about 4bags of shopping-you can also drop the back seats-not bad space.Reliability-Nothings gone wrong yet! The brakes make a rather shocking noise when you first start using them but I've been assured that this is normal and a result of the mechanics needed to make them fit in the small car-I hope this is true lol!Ok other points I've noticed-The seats aren't the most comfortable on journeys longer than about 1hr.You can't adjust the headrest(in the front) or take it off (a bit of a pain if-ladies-you have your hair up as it will get backcombed to hell by the back of the seat.If you go around a corner too fast you will struggle to hold onto the steering wheel because the car rolls like nothing I've ever been in before!Watch out for that.The main thing is - this car is soooo easy to drive and live with.However if you are used to fast/luxury/spacious/flash cars,the 107 probably isn't for you.

Stephanie Jones, Flintshire, June 26th 2008

Urban Lite 5dr

I rented a 107 for a week and to begin with, I was rather disappointed with it. The door panels are very flimsy, the metal flexes even putting the key in. Also it is very noisy when getting up to speed although it cruises reasonably well due to the high top gear. The boot is extremely small even for a car this size but my passengers tell me that space in the rear seats wasn't too bad and it was reasonably comfortable in the front too. I got a poor 35 mpg out of it with mixed driving including motorways. This fuel consumption is the biggest black mark.

Alan Marriott, Worcs, June 8th 2008

Urban 3dr

I have had my 107 for nearly two and a half years. Presntly only done 17000 miles. I love it. It's nippy, very cheap to run and looks cute. Its tougher than you think because I found myself in an icy situation on a rather steep hill and with a good run she climbed to the top and left some of the bigger engine cars behind! The drivers of the 4 x 4's were impressed. Me too. The only negatives are side back viewing. There is a column which blinds a little and the tyres wear quite quickly. Apart from this I would not hesitate in recommending this car.

Angela Stanway, Derbyshire, April 13th 2008

Urban 3dr

Iv owned this car for 1 year now and its had a hard life,Im a driving instructor. Its a great car.Β£35 a year for road tax,cheap insurance and i can even manage to ring 40mpg's out of it round town with learners at the wheel! So far its only been into the dealership for its regular service so I can't really comment on the dealers,althought 10k services are a bit short but Β£135 is ok. Im 6ft and find the seats very comfy theirs plenty of space for me and someone like me in the front,the back seats are'nt bad (remember this is a very short car) fine for a couple of kids. I spend upto 12 hrs a day in it and my only complaint is that the ride is a bit hard and the electric window switches are dump,you have to lean across to open then passengers side. The boot is'nt as small as you'd think but it's no volvo,it does its have split fold seats to help.The engine is one for the best bits,its got a suprising amount of torque. Its great round town,very nippy,ok on the motorway too. Out in the open its not too bad but it does roll a bit in the bends (so whats with the firm ride) and the small tyres can be a bit short on grip,but its not suppose to be a sports car and it can be kinda fun. I plan an keeping it for another 12 months and if it stays reliable I will buy another one,which in itself is the best recommendation I can give it,Iv own'd many cars from of all price ranges and have never bought the same car again!!

graham obrien, April 4th 2008

Urban 5dr

2 months ago I moved from a 3 year old TDCi (130 ps) Mondeo into the 107 and was expecting to take a bit if time to adjust, The 107 has however surpassed my expectations, I do a 90 mile a day motorway commute with my wife which is not the 107's natural environment, however the car has long gearing and does cruise at a reasonable speed and refinement is OK considering its size, the chassis does become a bit twitchy but only at the top end and you only need to ease off a little to regain composure. I'm getting 50 mpg from new may be able to get 55 mpg with careful driving. The engine even has some torque and copes OK with 4 adults. The negative points, I expected a small boot on a small car, but the parcel shelf really gets in the way when loading shopping, the hatch back also needs a good slam to get it to lock, however my daughter likes the back seat and good visabilty. Considering buying a second 3 dr version to replace my wife's old Micra.

Malcolm Musgrave, Hampshire, February 12th 2008

Urban 3dr

I have owned an '06' 3dr urban in red with the 2 tronic transmission for just over 20 months. Just about to part company with it, trading it in for a new Mitsubishi Colt. Good points: Good reliability. cheap running costs. quite nippy for a 1.0 engine. Bad points: Dont believe the hype, you will get 50mpg at best under any conditions. Very, very noisy cabin environment. Terrible auto gearbox. Lack of power out of town. Very harsh ride quality. It may look good value compared to other cars in this class, but you can do a lot better for similar money. To sum up, a cheap city car built down to a price with quite a few corners being cut. Dont buy the auto, you wont like it.

Les Latham, Flintshire, February 10th 2008

Urban 5dr

I bought this car brand new in september and found it impossible to live with and only got 30-35 MPG out of it. I am 6' and it gave me terrible lower back pain. I drove it on the motorway twice and it felt very very unstable I found it to be slightly un nerving as it gets pulled in by large lorries. All in all it is ok providing its just used for popping to the shops and in town traffic, however things will annoy you like the interior light only comes on when the drivers door is opened and it is very cheaply made which is obvious. It also needs to be serviced every 10k miles or 1 year, all other peugeots need to serviced every 20k miles or two years. This is not cheap either nocking Β£200. If you are on a really really tight budget and insurance cost is an issue and you only drive around town then its a useful alternative to a normal car as its so simple to park. It looses value quite fast too. Ensure you get a hefty discount or it isn't worth the money.

Thomas Cornwallis, London, February 5th 2008

Urban 3dr

I bought this car in 2005 brand new and sold it in November with 38000 miles on the clock. The first 6 months of owning this car i had nothing but trouble and it spent more time in peugeots garage than in my own. it started cutting out, after several visits to the garage they finallt discovered a problem with the electrics. then things went bad to worse when i drove it round a corner one day and the steering locked!! i rang my local dealer who took it away and gave me it back saying nothing was wrong with it, i then got on to head office as i didnt thing that was good enough, they eventually sent it to a different dealer where they told me there was a fault on the steering lock and it all needed to be replaced, they did this under the warranty, although they didnt want to and tried to make alot of excuses. after the 'teething problems' i loved the car, it was cheap to drive, it was nippy for a 1.0 ltr and the boot space wasnt terrible for the tiny car it was, i could fit my little boys pram base in the car. The only other problems i had were the tyres which is why i have rated the running costs only at a 3 star, i had to replace the tyres every 6500 miles, the dealers said that the car hads obviosly had a hard life but i disagree, i may only be 21 but i have a baby boy so would never drive eratically and this was my 3rd car and tyres had never been a problem on these. overall i would say this is a lovely car but i think the dealers really let it down!!

Lianne Masters, durham, February 2nd 2008

Urban 3dr

I now own this car for a little over 2 year with 12,000 miles on the clock. What I like most about this car is how little petrol it consumes, helped being 998cc engine. A full tank of just under Β£40 will take me around 380 miles of mainly town driving. It is a 'cheaper' version of the Toyota Aygo and without any of the luxuries like a glove box lid, Rev Counter or a boot light. You do get a decent CD player with MP3 input. Probably my only problem I have is with the MMT gearbox. It is so β€˜un-smooth’ at low gears I would suggest you don’t waste money (Β£500) and stick with a manual box.

W Cheng, Middlesex, December 28th 2007

Sport XS 3dr

I bought this car after seeing it on the internet only and am amazed at its character. Its the smallest engine iv owned but a great drive and looks fun too.Its not for boys x

Lindsay Scott, Lancashire, November 11th 2007

Urban 3dr

This is a cracking little car - it's what the Mini remake should have been. They have reduced cost where is does not really matter yet kept in everything you actually want. I went for an Urban Move which gives you air-con, red trim, a rev counter and metallic paint. Go look at the C1 and Aygo as well and play each dealer off against each other. You can get a great price as long as you don`t care which one you get (they are 95% the same car!) The Toyota involvement means reliability should be good. The engine is surprisingly nippy and has no problems keeping up with traffic on the motorway. The ride is firm, yet the gearbox is nice and smooth - overall, it's a really fun drive that puts a smile on your face. The car cost next to nothing to insure, run and tax and does its bit for the environment. Highly recommend for anyone who does not need the space of a larger car.

Gareth Jones, November 3rd 2007

Urban 5dr

I have been driving a 107 the last couple of days as a courtesy car after writing off my mum's Fiesta (doh!) So although I am a bit of a racer I have to say this car is not bad to drive even if it looks a bit dumpy. It's quite a laugh around corners however the steering could do with a bit more feel, and I was surprised how quick it goes with the little 1.0 litre engine. I actually though it was allright at higher speeds out of town too. The skinny tyres don't do it any favours, but then if you are looking to buy one of these you're probably not going to be fussy over how good a drivers car it is like I am... The 107 feels reasonably solid however certain things such as the pedals and gearstick hint at the car's low price. The omission of a rev counter seems ridiculous to me even if its a standard model, and why anyone should have to pay extra for a proper glove box is beyond me. In fact I'm yet to find anywhere in the car to hide valuables (under the seats????) which is a bit of an issue I think. Overall though I can see how this car could be a good cheap runaround if that's what you need it for.

Ross Morley, August 26th 2007