Insect removers reviewed - 6. Turtlewax Platinum Series Tar, Tree S
For: Most effective liquid on test
Against: Expensive and messy to clean up afterwards
Very effective. It required only 30 seconds to lift debris from paintwork, and was the most-powerful liquid on test. Insect remains wiped off with the minimum of effort. The thick formula was more like a polish and the instructions stated that residue needed to be washed off afterwards.
The second most expensive product on test
Ease of Use:
The Achilles heel of this product is that it requires washing off after use. As with Turtlewax’s other product on test, and Halford’s Bug and Tar Remover, this makes it more suitable for a pre-wash treatment only.
It is safe to use on all finishes and in dealing with a wide range of surface deposits.
Featured in this story
- Top 12 products rated
- 1. CarPlan Bug Blitz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 2. Car Plan Bug Blitz
- 3. Simoniz Bug and Tar Wipes
- 4. Simoniz Bug Shifter
- 5. Halfords Bug Shifter Pad
- 6. Turtlewax Platinum Series Tar, Tree S
- 7. Turtlewax Bug & Tar Remover
- 8. Triplewax Bug Shifter Pad
- 9. Halfords Bug & Tar Remover
- 10. Armorall Bug and Tar Wipes
- 11. Comma Glass Cleaner
- 12. Autoglym Active Insect