2+0 2dr Auto

I bought the car last year - it's all I ever wanted from being a child and it hasn't dissapointed me. It looks better than any other car, it is a dream to drive and is everything you would expect from Aston Martin and more. I have never seen anything that turns heads like it and I love the way it blips itself as you go down the box. It is serviced at the Newport Pagnell works, and on its last service they repainted the bottom half of the car without being asked because of a couple of stone chips, and under warranty. I suppose there are good ones and bad ones (they are hand made) and mine is a good one. Fuel consumption? Well, it's part of the territory - what do you expect from a 6.0-litre V12 twin-supercharged car? Mine is averageing 14.7mpg - if you can afford one, don't waste your money on anything else.

stuart weeden, derbyshire, August 17th 2007

2+0 2dr Auto

I've owned my 02 Vanquish for a year now and quite honestly it gives me thrill every time I look at it and drive it. No other car I've owned has ever prompted compliments from total strangers. I've never driven a Ford so wouldn't know if it has any parts in common. As for running costs, if you can afford to buy a Vanquish this shouldn't be an issue. I've experienced 100% reliability which is irritating: Astons should go wrong occasionally - it's part of their charm. Anyone who thinks a Porsche or a Bentley is in any way better has had a taste transplant.

William Graham, April 25th 2007

2+0 2dr Auto

This car is really something beautiful to look at - but unfortunately that's where it ends. The interor is more like something I would expect in a Ford that an Aston, and it's not really very quick for the money either. Then there's the fuel economy, or rather the lack of it. I have to mention the reliability - there isn't any. If it rains, it doesn't work, and 10% of the times you go to start it, it won't. To sum it up, it's beautiful to look at - if looks are all that appeal to you, buy it! If you care about the drive and want it to start each morning, get a Bentley Continental GT or a new Porsche 997 turbo - much better.

tom davies, hants, March 26th 2007

12 2+0 2dr Auto

the mpg isn't to good but the car is absolutely amazing i used to own a ford capri 3.0 v6 & 2.8 injection and i thought they were amazing back in the day. but this talk about waking up the neighbours. it goes like stink it sounds butiful(bernard matthews) looks better than pamela anderson and jordan. the cabin inside is better than a limo, plenty of legroom plenty of storage and basically better than a my sons favourite car a pagani zonda f. why own a ferrari or lamborghini when you can have this for half the price.

kenneth preece, shropshire, January 14th 2007

2+0 2dr Auto

I've driven it and I wish I could afford to buy one. Aston Martin is a boy's dream. Why the press rattle on about Ford when they talk about Jaguar and Aston Martin is beyond me. These cars are the stuff that dreams are made of. I can't remember longing for a Mondeo or a Focus (although I quite liked the Escort Mexico when I was 9). All makes share bits and bobs, even Bentley has Audi bits and a Skoda is almost the same as a VW. Without these heavyweights, some of our best-loved brands would be extinct. The Vanquish is a great car, although the sequential gearbox is like the automatic gearbox in an old Austin Mini 850 (not the BMW Mini)! The car is still a breathtaking drive, with poise and style that the Germans and the Italians can only dream of!

Mark Fincham, Essex, June 8th 2005