What Car? says
For Off-road ability and superior build quality make the Q7 a pedigree 4x4
Against The Audi's ride is too firm at lower speeds and the third row of seats is cramped for adults
Verdict The Q7 is expensive to run, but it has a great image and is very capable.
Go for… 3.0 TDI SE
Avoid… 6.0 V12 TDI
- 1. The Q7 is better-suited to on-road driving, but the air suspension system can raise and lower the ride height as required for any off-road antics.
- 2. The cabin is spacious and the first two rows of seats have plenty of head- and legroom, but the third row is best reserved for children.
- 3. . The number of 3.0-litre diesels on the market makes them the best for running costs and resale values.
- 4. The diesels have economy figures of 27.2mpg for the 3.0, 25.5mpg for the 4.2 and 25mpg for the 6.0-litre. It's 22.2mpg for the 3.0 petrol and 20.8mpg for the 4.2 petrol.
- 5. The Audi has a reputation for getting through a set of front tyres in under 7000 miles, and in some cases as little as 5000 miles.