I have had my Mokka almost a year now and overall I am delighted with it. I cannot understand a lot of the reviews on here. If you take this for what it is: a family crossover for everyday use; it not only looks the part but more than does the job it is supposed to. It's not a competitor to luxurious cars, sure. But I neither have the money nor the lifestyle to afford such a motor! The kit on the techline is more than generous. Great Sat Nav with dynamic traffic, cruise control, parking sensors, auto lights, auto wipers, DAB radio, auto dimming rear mirror... a lot of pluses. I also had the rear camera option which I must say is more useful than I initially thought it would be; a great addition. Running costs are good; I get around 500 miles out of a tank of fuel (someone can do the conversion to MPG for me - it is I'm sure on the on-board trip computer but I rarely look - I base it on how many miles a tank gets me!). Tax is low (£30 a year) and insurance I get for around £300 a year (and that's with 2 previous claims and a speeding conviction!). The cabin is spacious and driving position excellent. Sure, running it could be quieter but I usually crank up the superb DAB radio anyway! My only criticism (and I'm being picky!) is that in my opinion, the radio key lock should also activate the folding wing mirrors. I've had a few near-misses with pedestrians/cyclists/cars as you have to manually fold them in via a button before leaving the car. Overall a great car!

Chris Pearsall, Worcestershire, January 30th 2015

CDTi Tech Line 5dr

My wife and I were in Scotland on Holiday in May 2014 and hired a car to do a three-day road trip from Edinburgh to Inverness, to Oban and back to Glasgow. We were given a brand new Diesel-powered Vauxhall Mokka. Upon seeing the car, my first thoughts were "this looks good". Now...before I continue, let me say that I have been driving for 35 years, all of that in Western Australia, a large proportion of which has been in conditions requiring a 4x4, so I've had considerable driving experience on which to base my comments. Now back to the Mokka: How should I put this ? It has got to be hands down the WORST new vehicle I have ever driven. Completely underpowered and way too over-geared. It was downright hazardous to drive in my opinion. That's right. I thought it was unsafe. Why? It would stall at the drop of a hat; completely underpowered, even at highway cruising speed when one did not change down at the optimal moment and the engine had to lug slightly...it would stall. Heck, it would not even reverse up the slightest incline without considerable riding of the clutch! My guess is that the 6 speed gearbox is on board to try and compensate for an engine that is woefully inadequate for the size of car. That's enough for me. I won't even bother reviewing cosmetics etc. as in my opinion the vehicle does not even pass muster. Sorry Vauxhall, but I would not drive this car even if it were given to me. I couldn't imagine ever forking over the kind of serious cash needed to

Todd Brittain, Western Australia, July 27th 2014

CDTi Exclusiv 5dr

Same old Vauxhall, same old rubbish. Just drove the 1.7 diesel tech line on trial. Noisy, clattery, underpowered engine. No torque and no pull. Sounds like something from thirty years ago. Loads of wind noise at motorway speeds. Think a lot of it comes from the wing mirrors. Totally uninspiring performance and bland, nondescript cabin with some cheap looking materials in places. Abysmal positioning of the centre arm rest. Cheap and old fashioned looking wing mirrors. Vague and wobbly suspension. The only positive is the MPG. Another lemon. AVOID.

Stephen Roberts, England, July 12th 2014

T Exclusiv 5dr 4WD

I drive many hire cars, usually min 200 miles, 50/50 motorway and 'A' roads. Recently I've driven the Mokka, the last time after rejecting another Insignia. Out of the frying pan into the fire. Vauxhall really tries but seems to miss the mark. First impressions? Looks good, feels good, well equipped, rear legroom adequate with the fairly upright seating position. First hire car it took 15 mins to work out the switch gear, satnav, hifi, cruise control without an instruction manual. Rear view? None. Parking sensors not optional here. Onto the road, all looks good. The first time out I was surprised when booting to overtake on an open road & looked at the clock to see I was doing 80mph! Very quickly back to 60mph officer. Honest. Clarkson told no lies when he extolled the virtues of the Yeti. The Mokka is a fair attempt to match it. At the right price I might even be tempted. EXCEPT FOR THE PEDALS!! What are they thinking?! Brake is 20mm higher than the accelerator. Clutch pedal is ludicrous. At least another 20mm higher again. You can't really rest your heel on the floor. And no room for a size 10 foot to the left either. So it's constant movement of left leg back and forth, up and down. I've rarely been so glad to give a car back. It feels that the pedal set up is derived from a regular car. With the upright leg position in the Mokka this is a serious failure. Quick gear change/breaking without getting a foot caught is a worry. For this alone it's 2/10 and never again.

David Hall, Gwent, June 11th 2014

T Exclusiv 5dr 4WD

I have had this car for six months now and the power steering went had it back two days and the power steering went again , The auto lights stopped working its a bit hard on the fuel but not bad !!!!

Robert Chapman, Down, September 21st 2013

i SE 5dr

This is my current company car.. I wish it wasn't. The car looks OK in certain colours, not so good in others. I've got a metallic blue which isn't so bad, but I cannot keep it clean. When it's dirty, it looks very plain and rather boring. The inside has many good features. I like the cruise control and auto lights and windscreen wipers. It has dual climate control and DAB radio. You definitely cannot fault the technical ability of this car, but the drive is rubbish!!. I travel across the country for my work and am often in the car for 6 hours a day. This is the worst car I've had to endure theses miles for. The cabin is comfortable, plenty of headroom and space for passengers in the rear, but the engine noise is unbearable at times and the ride clumsy and cumbersome. The acceleration is slow at the start, then it kicks in eventually. After complaining bitterly to our fleet department, I've managed to agree to an alternative car, so now on the look out for something more refined. I'll ensure the next car I get, has an extended test drive. My advice on this car - if you're after practicality, this could be the car for you. For refinement- look elsewhere!

David Stewart, Co.Durham, August 25th 2013

CDTi Tech Line 5dr 4WD

ok, having come from a Peugeot RCZ you can imagine the distress this has caused leaving what is the most beutifull car I have ever had both in looks and ride quality for a "sensible" family crossover !! Firstly, Vauxhall, many said...yuck...reviews said same....boring....no heart....others are better.....blah blah blah... I saw the Mokka not long after it came out and thought...mmmmm....quite nice...went to take a closer look and thought, very nice....took a test drive...even better.....so bought one..in Black...SE..Leather Trim....lovely.. So far..WOW !! I love this car...the ride is very comfortable, space for all...it's gadets i love...Auto lighting/Wipers and washer for headlights which the brochure doesn't even say it has and the sales guy didn't know either..3 pin charging plug in back..fabulous for DVD's etc..Leather, really good quality..Turbo, nice kick..ride , smooth and MPG a fabulous 55/56 mpg..i do lots of town driving. other "nice" things...ECO stop/start...great steering wheel with all the buttons.. Car handles really well, will sit comfortably on cruise control at a speed I won't mention...No Wind noise as some reviews say is terrible...there is noise when it is windy but had that in all cars. It's not an RCZ so won't burn everyone at lights or corner at a good speed or turn heads, but I am over that mid life crisis now and would recomend this car to anyone...One other thing..headroom in the back..Exceptional !

andrew mclundie, July 5th 2013

CDTi SE 5dr

First of all, ignore the WHATCAR? review. I bought this car back in January and haven't looked back, it's brillant. I do alot of miles so the diesel was obivious. I used to have a Qashqai 1.5dCi for 3 years, with my finance due to change I purchased my Mokka new with 5 years 0% finance and a lifetime warranty! My Qashqai was an good car, but my Mokka is a great car. I didn't need anything as big as the Qashqai but it had to be bigger than the Juke. Pros's It's comfortable to drive Economical Good looking Practical Lifetime warranty Con's NONE! Go buy one!

Ben Turner, Cornwall, April 22nd 2013