0 CDI SE 5dr

I swung at the last moment from a Golf – the extra cabin and boot space made the difference. With, 1000 miles on the clock over a mix of town, country and motorway driving, I felt able to give an informed review. What’s good: Plenty of space with comfortable seats and lots of adjustment in the front. Boot sill is low and opening is wide – the retractable boot cover has proved handy. Engine is lively and quiet (never rough). Motorway cruising is effortless – the engine turns at around 1900rpm at 70 mph in 6th. Manual gearbox is slick and road / wind noise is never excessive, so overall refinement is good. The standard audio system sounds great. Handling is composed. Ride is comfortable but as firm as you would want, so glad I avoided the Sport model on lowered suspension and 18” rims. What’s bad? Nothing major – fuel economy is about 20% lower than official quoted figures, but hope this will improve. The collision prevent assist system can be over-communicative at times with bleeping at the driver. Perhaps of greatest disappointment is the build quality. The car was delivered with scuff marks and an 8” scratch in the top of the dashboard. The dealer sorted this out, but I felt this was pretty poor. Don’t know if this happened in the factory or afterwards. There are some β€˜vibration’ rattles and creaks from the trim. These are not constant, but I could not say that the build quality of this example is top notch. Despite this, I don’t regret my choice.

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY SE 5dr