Suzuki Kizashi Saloon Owner reviews

Sport 4x4 4dr CVT

I have owned my Kizashi for 14 months now. So far it has proved to be totally reliable, enjoyable to drive and quite economical to own. The insurance is very reasonable for a car of this type. I average 31mpg around town and 37mpg on a run which for the size of the engine and level of comfort this car offers I think is very reasonable. I have on one occasion managed to return 41.1mpg but that was on a long contraflow where I didn't go above 60mph for several miles!! Under hard acceleration the engine does rev to just below the red line but that isn't evidence of a low power engine, it is the CVT gearbox keeping the engine at optimum torque level. Driven normally it very rarely revs above 2000RPM and cruses along at 75-80 effortlessly. The journalist shouldn't be comparing it with a manual or standard automatic as this is a far superior transmission. Just because it is different doesn't mean it's wrong and I'm sure we will see more and more CVT transmissions on the market in the coming years !!! All in all I have never regretted buying this car and still enjoy driving it daily. I would highly recommend any serious buyer of a car in the D segment market to at least test drive one before making their decision. The level of equipment can not be rivalled for the money. Coupled with Suzuki's reliability and build quality makes it a strong contender.

Steve Mestern, Bucks, January 24th 2014