Mini Coupe Coupe Owner reviews

Cooper S 3dr [Sport Chili/Media Pack]

I doubt you will find another Coupe which can do 0-60 in sub 6.5sec for less than Β£30k (from new) while still having as much fun as this car.

Andrew Lee, October 12th 2014

Cooper S 3dr Auto [Sport Chili/Media Pack]

Andrew Lee, October 12th 2014

Cooper S 3dr [Chili Pack]

I bought the 1st incarnation of the BMW Mini Cooper S and really enjoyed my time with the car. Since then I have owned many cars my tastes varying through the years. I was sick of the German clinical looking practical cars they all look the same with no real character. To be honest I never though of the Mini Coupe until I started my online research using What Car's reviews and advice. I visited the Mini dealer and was amazed how modern and distinctive the coupe looked I immediately took a test drive and liked the sporty ride. I choose the Cooper S with Chilli pack and toffee leather sport seats with pepper white paintwork. Every day since buying the car it has put a smile on my face the ride is hard but the payoff for this is truly sporty handling. I have found the car to be very spacious considering how small the car looks and the boot is big enough for shopping and small cases. So far I have found the fuel costs to be very reasonable stop start city driving I get 38 mpg and on a long run i get around 51 mpg. If I had a criticism it would be the telephone menus and some of the other information functions are not very intuitive as other cars that I have driven. This is a very fast stylish coupe that may not be to all tastes or indeed fit peoples lifestyle I cant praise the car enough thanks mini for being different please don't go all clinical like the other German models.

Frank Glendinning, South Lanarkshire, December 3rd 2013

Cooper S D 3dr

Having read What Car? for years, my wife and I decided to test drive three cars before deciding what car was right for her. Of course, that went completely out of the window when my wife saw the car at our local BMW dealer. The salesman was very relaxed and welcoming. We took a test drive in the same specification we would be buying, and left to drive the car where we wanted on roads we knew. We didn't get to the other car dealers, and after the drive, my wife commented upon the sharpness and go kart-type of handling. After some weeks, they came back with 0% finance, and my wife brought it there and then. Really looking forward to driving the Mini brand, and the dealership has been so professional and courteous. The best buying experience we've had in 20 years of buying cars.

Jas Madahar, West Midlands, April 6th 2013

Cooper S 3dr

We have only had our JCW Coupe for 2 weeks, so early days yet, but we love it. The car is a real 'head turner' in Silver White with a red roof, black wheels and viper stripes. So far we have been very impressed with the economy (for a car with this much power)and like any mini (and we have had a few!) it's excellent fun to drive, indeed, the perfect 'second car' for us. On the down side, having no choice but rock hard run flat tyres is a pain (lesser models allow you to choose)non run flats. The sound quality from the standard stereo is also a bit of a letdown for a car of this price. Limited rear visibility comes with the terrirory so can't be complained about. Also, it will need to go back at some stage for a couple of trim rattles to be sorted out. All in all, very happy indeed but not quite 'perfect'.

Martyn Alvey, February 1st 2012