What Car? says
For The Ford Fiesta is a stunning supermini that's both enjoyable to drive and sensible to own.
Against Economical diesel models will stay in demand, so prices are high, and the rear seats don't fold completely flat.
Verdict One of the best used superminis you can buy, and there are plenty for sale, so you can make sure you get the ideal car for you.
Go for… 1.25i Zetec 5dr
Avoid… 1.6 TDCi Titanium 5dr
- 1. It's bigger than the older ('02-'08) Fiesta, and just about as spacious as most supermini rivals. Rear seats have restricted legroom, making them best for children. Those in the front have more room
- 2. The 59bhp 1.25-litre petrol model is acceptable, although the 81bhp 1.25 is more usable and the better bet. For more performance try the 95bhp 1.4-litre, or the 118bhp 1.6.
- 3. The Fiesta comes with two types of suspension: standard and sports – with the sports found on Zetec models. All Fiestas are entertaining to drive and smooth out bumps well, but Zetecs have the edge.
- 4. The Fiesta is a small car, with running costs to match. The petrol models are best for those who drive fewer than 12,000 miles a year or who spend most of their time in the urban jungle.
- 5. The Econetic model is also exempt from road tax, because it emits just 98g/km of CO2. The other models aren't environmental villains, though.
Reader test team says:
This is my third Ford and to date it is the…
good car to drive,and handles the road well.On…