TDI SE 5dr Multitronic

I've only had this car 3 weeks but overall it's great with one (major) flaw. The cabin is fantastic: quality is fabulous and standard equipment (even on what is the base model) is very high including full leather, electric memory seats, cruise control, sat nav, heated seats and much more. To drive it's also great - performance is noticeably better than my previous A6 2.0TDi with a real kick when you put your foot down while, more surprisingly perhaps, the ride is also better My one caveat - the sat nav arrived completely not working - a trip to the dealer revealed the aerial needs replacing requiring at least a full day in the dealer as it is hidden in the roof and requires all the headlining to be removed. Worse, they don't even keep one as a stock spare so I have to wait for it to come. Pretty poor quality control on a brand new £46K car. Too soon to assess mpg or running costs

Sean Fox, Surrey, January 8th 2015

TDI Quattro S Line 5dr S Tronic [5 Seat]

I have owned my A7 for 2 weeks and really very pleased with. Previous to this I owned 2 A6 Avants and was upgrading from 3.0 TDI S-Tronic. The point is that given the A6 shares the same gearbox and engine, apart from the different shape I was expecting much the same car. Actually the A7 is real cut above the A6 and worth the additional investment especially for the extra kit. The car is sharper and more responsive, yet feels more luxurious. It's similar but not the same. The shape of the seats, the additional standard electrics, the feel behind the wheel all added value. The shape and style of the car still excites me. I am still working out some of the additional kit particularly what I can do with the Audi Connect tool. I went for the S-Line and was offered a car with the head's up display. I am still getting used to it but it is a good tool for safety. I was using a PCP for purchase, 2 years into the deal. But Audi invited me, believing they could give me more value against my car now rather than further down the line. With some careful negotiation and resistance, I received a discount of £11k on the list price. Partly it was a deposit contribution from Audi, but also a hefty dealer discount. Overall very happy with my new car.

Stephen Norris, May 7th 2014

BiTDI Quattro 313 SE 5dr Tip Auto

I kind of mirror the first reviewer in that we went looking for one Audi but then saw an A7 in the showroom & the rest was history. That other car was a Q3 but I found that being 6ft 4 I needed a larger car. Another reason needed more space is that my son is also approaching 6ft so this was a family car purchase with a lot of fun on the side. Have to differ with the other reviewer as I find the A5 too small. No problem 2 tall people sitting back to back in the A7. Stick the A7 in comfort mode & you can potter around keeping the family happy. Put it in dynamic mode & all hell breaks loose. That sound box has a beautiful V8 like burble. Impossible not to have a manic grin on your face. Interior is stunning & the level of tech has to put it ahead of rivals. Google Earth maps look beautiful and everything is so easy to set up. One big surprise is that I had assumed I wouldn't spend too much time looking at the mpg but now I do it all the time because I can't believe regularly hitting av 38 mpg. You struggle to comprehend that something so fast and so big can hit such economy levels. Having done my own research I would advise prospective buyers that the rear camera option is a must have. Also given the way this thing effortlessly picks up speed I'd also go for the Heads Up Display(HUD)as that will help you stay on the right side of the law. The Tech Pack Advance is well worth it and you'll love the Google Maps (with Phone Prep High) but check your phone's data plan first. A blast.

Tony Ellis, November 25th 2013

TDI S Line 5dr Multitronic

I have owned this car from new in April 2012 - covered 9,900 miles. I initially went into the local Audi dealer to try a new A6. However they had an A7 in the showroom and I instantly fell in love with the shape. Although the list price was almost 10k more than the A6 I discovered that there were many options as standard on the A7. In fact i priced up the A6 with the same options which the A7 had as standard and the total cost came out 2k more than the A7 S-line. I did however go for the optional Air -Suspension, which is also fitted to the A8 and this is fantastic, giving you the option of extra comfort on bumpy roads and magnificent road holding in sport mode on windy country roads. The car has been superb. returning on average 45mpg to and form work and 56mpg on long journeys (Brochure says 60mpg extra urban) and with just £115 per year road tax, why run a small car. I have no problems to report and would recommend this car to anyone.

Terry Gill, East Yorkshire, January 22nd 2013