1. How can I save money on insurance?
What is the best way for me to cut my insurance premiums?
Insurers have a perfect driver in mind when they're offering quotes, but having a sex change or moving house to cut your premiums isn't always possible. Try these pointers instead.
• Shop around. It might be time-consuming to repeat your details to several providers but you could save lots of money. Try an online comparison service.
• Resist the temptation to add your children to your own insurance. They won't build up no-claims discounts, so will just be delaying the expensive early years until a later date.
• Adding your parents as named drivers to your policy can cut premiums.
• Agreeing to pay a higher excess should you need to make a claim will bring the cost of cover down, as will agreeing to a limited number of miles each year.
• You might not be able to keep your car in a garage, but ask insurers what security devices they approve and how much of a discount they take off your premium.