Golden Garages finalists announced
* 10 regional finalists * Overall winner revealed next month * What Car? helps in judging process...
The UK's top 10 Golden Garages have been revealed.
The 10 regional finalists were announced by Motor Codes, the regulatory body for the motor industry, after thousands of motorists voted for their Golden Garage on the Motor Codes website.
The regional finalists are:
• East of England Roy Tolley, Colchester - Citroen
• Midlands Crescent Motoring Services, Burton upon Trent - Independent
• North East Paul Robbie Motor Services, Hexham - Independent
• North West ABP Motorsport, Crewe - Independent
• Northern Ireland SERE SEAT, Lisburn - SEAT
• Scotland W Livingstone, Uddingston, Glasgow - SEAT
• South East Anglo Continental Cars, Bletchley, Milton Keynes - Independent
• South West Clive Woolford Motor Engineers, Tewkesbury - Independent
• Wales A1 Motorcare, Rumney, Cardiff - Independent
• Yorkshire Reynolds of Selby, Selby Independent
The overall winner will be announced next month after an extensive judging session by an expert panel of judges, including What Car? editor-in-chief Steve Fowler, editor of Car and Accessory Trader Emma Butcher, and Motor Codes managing director
In addition, each garage will be independently assessed by the RAC to monitor quality of service, value for money and overall customer satisfaction.
Motor Codes has a Garage Finder tool on its website, which customers can use to find local garages that subscribe to the Motor Codes customer service guidelines. Each garage has a profile page, complete with ratings generated by customers.
'It's the word of mouth recommendation that's so important,' said Chris Mason. 'Our feedback shows that people will drive some distance to get the service they know and trust. Golden Garages will help spread the word about the good guys.'