Hot hatch Peugeot 308 launched
* 200bhp 308 revealed * 0-62mph in 7.7sec, 40.8mpg * On sale now for 21,995...
Meet the Peugeot 308 GT THP 200 a 200bhp, turbocharged hot-hatch version of the 308 small family car.
The 1.6-litre 308 GT THP 200's vital stats are: 0-62mph in 7.7 seconds and a top speed of 140mph. Average fuel economy is 40.8mpg, while carbon dioxide emissions are 159g/km. The five-door car costs 21,995 and is on sale now.
Various sporty styling touches distinguish the GT THP 200 from the rest of the 308 range, including:
• A bright black carbon-style insert under the front bumper lower skirt
• A lower rear bumper panel with black diffuser
• A rear spoiler
• Twin chrome rear exhaust pipes
• GT badges on the side and rear of the body
The interior also gets a sporty feel, with sports seats, aluminium pedals and gearknob, plus a leather-trimmed steering wheel. Standard equipment includes 18-inch alloy wheels, Bluetooth, electric windows, climate and cruise controls, and half-leather upholstery.
For customers who get their car delivered in July, Peugeot will also throw in a Nokia 5230 smartphone with in-built sat-nav and mounting kit.